Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

exalted melees need a rework

(NSW)nabster666

since melee 3.0 exalted weapons are obsolete compared normal melee weapons, which doesnt make sense at all since exalted weapons drain energy and are a warframes ultimate ability. solutions to this problem would be to allow acolyte mods on exalted weapons. most melees are good because of blood rush or weeping wounds, buff exalted weapons damage or crit or status that need buffing. let exalted weapons run normal stances too and make it so exalted weapons' stances give you the same capacity boost like normal stances. lots of warframes have been heavily hit by melee 3.0. there is no point in using wukongs iron staff anymore since other polearms can easily outperform it. valkyrs talons does not do enough damage to compete with weapons like venka prime and gauss can do what valkyr can do but with  better weapons. this is a heavy blow since valkyr already needed a rework on her 3 (its stun is too short and it does about enough damage to kill lvl 1 enemies) and her 1 (which doesnt really provide enough mobility and its damage is quite low). 

• Like 7

I don't know, i still shred high level enemys with Valkyr and her slide attack is sitll one of the strongest meele attacks, you forgetting that those not just rely on melee mods but also on the strength of your warframe scaling additionaly.

Wukongs staff has his high crits and far more range then a staff can reach as far i seen also, you compare abilitys to normal weapons here, comapring apples and pears here.

On top comapre them to any other melee, Valkyr provides healing with them, Wukong has his twin doublign his damage with it, they have those as additional buffs basically without having to use a mod for it.

There are much mroe weapons and frames that need attention then those need ever.

15 minutes ago, (NSW)nabster666 said:

since melee 3.0 exalted weapons are obsolete compared normal melee weapons, which doesnt make sense at all since exalted weapons drain energy and are a warframes ultimate ability. solutions to this problem would be to allow acolyte mods on exalted weapons. most melees are good because of blood rush or weeping wounds, buff exalted weapons damage or crit or status that need buffing. let exalted weapons run normal stances too and make it so exalted weapons' stances give you the same capacity boost like normal stances. lots of warframes have been heavily hit by melee 3.0. there is no point in using wukongs iron staff anymore since other polearms can easily outperform it. valkyrs talons does not do enough damage to compete with weapons like venka prime and gauss can do what valkyr can do but with  better weapons. this is a heavy blow since valkyr already needed a rework on her 3 (its stun is too short and it does about enough damage to kill lvl 1 enemies) and her 1 (which doesnt really provide enough mobility and its damage is quite low). 

????????????????

Do we play the same game?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

I don't know, i still shred high level enemys with Valkyr and her slide attack is sitll one of the strongest meele attacks, you forgetting that those not just rely on melee mods but also on the strength of your warframe scaling additionaly.

Wukongs staff has his high crits and far more range then a staff can reach as far i seen also, you compare abilitys to normal weapons here, comapring apples and pears here.

On top comapre them to any other melee, Valkyr provides healing with them, Wukong has his twin doublign his damage with it, they have those as additional buffs basically without having to use a mod for it.

There are much mroe weapons and frames that need attention then those need ever.

yh i definitly agree other frames need more attention. as for wukongs twin it will do more damage if both wukong and his twin equipped something like a zaw. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb (NSW)nabster666:

yh i definitly agree other frames need more attention. as for wukongs twin it will do more damage if both wukong and his twin equipped something like a zaw. 

Then ignore it if you think it is so bad, alot of frames have one abiltiy no one ever uses or onyl run one all day.

Alot still ahve it worse and Wukong still is better without it as you say, so move on, we have far more worse problems then some underpowered exaled weapons, cry me a river. Look at older weapons never getting a chance to get buffed with the borken Riven bandaid that should be removed.

Maybe wanna add Rviens to exaled to? Bcause you feel them to weak despite there other inbuild advantages? They are goddamn balance around a theme.

Wukong can do damage AND tank. Of course his damage has to be a gorund middle, the exaled weapons are not supposed to REPLaCE your equipment, jsut be an addition. Go play any meta weapon if your worse worry is the damage. Seriously.

All iread lately is how people want everything deal damage, even pure CC frames, we needa rework of the game mechanci and gameplay not give everything jsut damge numbers, playign for fun you know! DE itself and people like you ruin that,

I rather had far more problems fixed by now, incoduign bugs, gameplay, Rviens rather remvoed and weapons buffed on a decent level and frames which are in dire need of rework for years now and onyl gettign minor tweaks as mentioned.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (NSW)nabster666:

as for valkyr doing more damage, could you show me please? and i doubt most hysteria builds focus on strength. ive only seen builds focusing on efficiency and duration. please correct me if im wrong, because i only play valkitty with her 2

Enemy dies, that is enough of a indicator for me, i not need ot turn any game in a #*!%ing math project. Even if the damge is higher it not changes how I or OTHERS play.

• Like 1

I don't really play any other frame except Excalibur so my suggestion is only about his ultimate.

Exalted Blade receives Garuda's claws treatment. It basically becomes a regular melee weapon: no wave projectiles, access to all mods (including stances), stance gives capacity points. The weapon is still exclusive to Excalibur though, and can be equipped by clearing melee slot.

New Excalibur's ultimate buffs your equipped melee weapon (including EB as well) and adds wave projectiles to swords and katanas.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Then ignore it if you think it is so bad, alot of frames have one abiltiy no one ever uses or onyl run one all day.

Alot still ahve it worse and Wukong still is better without it as you say, so move on, we have far more worse problems then some underpowered exaled weapons, cry me a river. Look at older weapons never getting a chance to get buffed with the borken Riven bandaid that should be removed.

Maybe wanna add Rviens to exaled to? Bcause you feel them to weak despite there other inbuild advantages? They are goddamn balance around a theme.

Wukong can do damage AND tank. Of course his damage has to be a gorund middle, the exaled weapons are not supposed to REPLaCE your equipment, jsut be an addition. Go play any meta weapon if your worse worry is the damage. Seriously.

All iread lately is how people want everything deal damage, even pure CC frames, we needa rework of the game mechanci and gameplay not give everything jsut damge numbers, playign for fun you know! DE itself and people like you ruin that,

I rather had far more problems fixed by now, incoduign bugs, gameplay, Rviens rather remvoed and weapons buffed on a decent level and frames which are in dire need of rework for years now and onyl gettign minor tweaks as mentioned.

the basis of you arguement is id rather get other problems fixed. but me as a wukong main really want wukong to be really good. wukong isnt really a tank, hes a jack of all trades, he can do spy missions, he can go endless, he can defend a target by using twin to redirect damage, you can use twin as a nuke. i know exalted weapons arent supposed to replace your equipment, i dont remember saying they do lol. please dont blame me for the game getting worse. sorry but this game has a huge focus on min maxing and numbers, if u dont like that, go play another game. as for things getting worse, it is a mix of miscommunication internally from DE, them jumping from ideas to ideas too quickly, them putting their aims too high, thus making us complain as we want something better. i think vakyr needs a rework, her 1 and 3 are quite useless. i think wukong needs a buff for his weapon, i never said OMG WE NEED TO DO THIS BEFORE ANY OTHER REWORK

1 minute ago, Xaero said:

I don't really play any other frame except Excalibur so my suggestion is only about his ultimate.

Exalted Blade receives Garuda's claws treatment. It basically becomes a regular melee weapon: no wave projectiles, access to all mods (including stances), stance gives capacity points. The weapon is still exclusive to Excalibur though, and can be equipped by clearing melee slot.

New Excalibur's ultimate buffs your equipped melee weapon (including EB as well) and adds wave projectiles to swords and katanas.

ahh thats interesting. so when he equips his 4 he gets the waves but without his sword doesnt have waves? so like excalibur needing to drain energy to channel waves?

16 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Enemy dies, that is enough of a indicator for me, i not need ot turn any game in a #*!%ing math project. Even if the damge is higher it not changes how I or OTHERS play.

u only notice these differences when enemies armour gets really high and the enemy will die eventually with a mk1 braton, thats not a really good indicator lol

4 minutes ago, Xaero said:

i also think his 3 should be turned into a healing or damage reduction ability. what are your thoughts on that?

Just now, (NSW)nabster666 said:

ahh thats interesting. so when he equips his 4 he gets the waves but without his sword doesnt have waves? so like excalibur needing to drain energy to channel waves?

I mean, if you go to mission without a melee weapon, you'll have your Exalted Blade in the melee slot. It will be equipped by pressing melee button and won't spend energy on itself.

After activating new Excal's ultimate ability, Exalted Blade (or any other melee weapon if you take one instead of EB) gets buffed and receives wave projectiles while the ability is active.

2 minutes ago, Xaero said:

I mean, if you go to mission without a melee weapon, you'll have your Exalted Blade in the melee slot. It will be equipped by pressing melee button and won't spend energy on itself.

After activating new Excal's ultimate ability, Exalted Blade (or any other melee weapon if you take one instead of EB) gets buffed and receives wave projectiles while the ability is active.

that could be a alternative to exalted weapons on a whole u know? each warframe gives any weapon a buff? like valkyr can use any melee but is invincible while doing it. wukong gives every weapon some sort of damage bonus? 

Edited by (NSW)nabster666

vor 21 Minuten schrieb (NSW)nabster666:

which means you didnt know they did enough damage??

vor 9 Minuten schrieb (NSW)nabster666:

u only notice these differences when enemies armour gets really high and the enemy will die eventually with a mk1 braton, thats not a really good indicator lol

It still dies fast enough for me, if people are proud to lets say usign onyl 2 shots instead of 3 on a meaningless high scalled enemy for the same reward lower enemys give, sure. Low enemys are cannon fooder and high ones that coudl matter are bulletsponges, msotly in lately Railjack were oyu can ingore them and do the onjective instead, wohoo for high damge i nto need anyway.

Go end raids in MMORPGS if such matters to you, you not paly the Warframes then for its gameplay and onyl seem wnating it to be OP over others.

AGAIN they have advantages normal weapons not come with, on top beeign a 4th weapon eqiuiped and useable in rifle only sorties as example still, not use it if it feels ot weak, agian they are not suppsoed ot repalce there weapon categories. IF you feel any staff or polearm is better then wukongs, then use it, end of story, but they are always with you and are a passive bonus with additional effects like Valkyrs healign and invulnerabilty!

If yiu really wanna complain about such you would probably pick Garuda with hers only showing when there is no melee equipped at all and no addition with it, but you choosen the most obvious ones for minor damge numners, obviously ot strentg your ego apperently, you not care for those frames or how tehy play but rather who does more damge about a weapon you have ONE more equipped that way, no one forces you to use it, you sitll can use any melee nearby and onyl use the abiltiy for its support, but no we have to comapre every little 20 more damge apeprently.

And no i not care for the actual niumbers but rather how it PLAYS in a GAME, not wanting and have ot do a math project on enemys i never will face becasue it is meaningless to kill bulletsponges for rewards that not matter! I rather have the game finally made blaanced in all modes making CC frames useful in Eidolons as example! In stead of "RAWWR Damage" all the time.

Valkyr and Wukong are both tanky yet you want them be as strong as one melee can? While also gettign there effects of there in build weapon liek Valkyrs healing?

You know what this thread is? A selfish player not able ot get over soem damge numbers depsite having the option ot use any melee nearby with the frame, you acting like it locks you out of those weapons.

Valkyr is one of my favorites, but her claws just don't cut it anymore (haha, puns, but seriously...). Yes, due to the melee rework and access to Rivens and in the case of Zaws, Arcanes, exalted weapons are a bit lackluster right now. Yes, they can get the job done, and the numbers look nice sometimes but the weapons come up short because of the lack of or restrictions on customization. Sure, exalted weapons could use a touch up. Yes, "other frames" could use more attention. Both hold true IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (NSW)nabster666 said:

that could be a alternative to exalted weapons on a whole u know? each warframe gives any weapon a buff? like valkyr can use any melee but is invincible while doing it. wukong gives every weapon some sort of damage bonus? 

Yeah, I just don't speak for other frames because I don't play them. But the whole thing would be a good replacement for exalted melee ability system IMO.

9 minutes ago, (NSW)nabster666 said:

i also think his 3 should be turned into a healing or damage reduction ability. what are your thoughts on that?

Fully equipped with appropriate arcanes and mods, Excalibur becomes really tanky so I'm not certain if he needs that. Won't harm for sure.

My own vision of reworking his skillset is to give his abilities more depth but not change him too much.

[Radial Javelin]

Radial Javelin takes equipped melee weapon heavy attack stat and multiplies it by power strength (as well as combo counter which would be consumed on use). Ability casting happens on ground (if activated mid-air, Excal will travel towards ground just like with directional heavy attack). At 100% efficiency, single tap consumes 50 energy. In a short period after initial cast, second tap consumes 25 energy and pulls all affected enemies towards Excalibur. Life Strike will work with RJ too, if equipped on melee weapon.

[Slash Dash]

If used on enemy, dash speed is greatly increased. Enemies hit by Slash Dash become briefly opened to finishers (for 1-2 seconds). Number of targets that can be hit by single ability use is limited to 1, but in next 2-3 seconds the ability can be used again with lower energy cost. Every hit increases combo counter by 1 point (2 with augment), so you'll need 12 consecutive dashes (6 with augment) to build it from zero to max.

1 hour ago, Marine027 said:

Wukongs staff has his high crits and far more range then a staff can reach

Really? What's the +range stat on your Riven for the Iron Staff that allows it to reach far further than other staves? 

1 hour ago, Marine027 said:

Wukong has his twin doublign his damage with it

You mean, "Wukong has his twin losing damage by forcibly equipping a weapon his AI doesn't perform well with, as opposed to a firearm that it does perform well with".

I do hope that's what you meant, because to suggest that the clone equipping a subpar weapon as well as you is something positive... that would be madness.

Yeah, fully agree.

Exalted Blade isn't in a bad spot statistically, but I really wish the combo list worked better, since 99% of the time I'm just "Forward+Mash Melee"ing because the other combos are just awful.

However Wukong and Valkyr, they need the help 10 times more than Excalibro.

Most of the issues (aside from stats) I've seen stem from the stances being just...terrible on these 3, it might be a good time during Warframe Revised to revise Exalted melee stances.

On 2020-04-17 at 1:13 PM, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

Valkyr is one of my favorites, but her claws just don't cut it anymore (haha, puns, but seriously...). Yes, due to the melee rework and access to Rivens and in the case of Zaws, Arcanes, exalted weapons are a bit lackluster right now. Yes, they can get the job done, and the numbers look nice sometimes but the weapons come up short because of the lack of or restrictions on customization. Sure, exalted weapons could use a touch up. Yes, "other frames" could use more attention. Both hold true IMO.

thank you, someone that agrees...

either they should be aloud to equip melee weapons and scrap exalted weapons as a whole. each ablitity giving a  buff to the melee instead. like valkitty becoming invincible when she uses melee and wukong buffing the stats of the weapon. or they should be aloud to equip acolyte mods, or they sould get outwrite buffs when needed

On 2020-04-17 at 1:13 PM, Xaero said:

Yeah, I just don't speak for other frames because I don't play them. But the whole thing would be a good replacement for exalted melee ability system IMO.

Fully equipped with appropriate arcanes and mods, Excalibur becomes really tanky so I'm not certain if he needs that. Won't harm for sure.

My own vision of reworking his skillset is to give his abilities more depth but not change him too much.

[Radial Javelin]

Radial Javelin takes equipped melee weapon heavy attack stat and multiplies it by power strength (as well as combo counter which would be consumed on use). Ability casting happens on ground (if activated mid-air, Excal will travel towards ground just like with directional heavy attack). At 100% efficiency, single tap consumes 50 energy. In a short period after initial cast, second tap consumes 25 energy and pulls all affected enemies towards Excalibur. Life Strike will work with RJ too, if equipped on melee weapon.

[Slash Dash]

If used on enemy, dash speed is greatly increased. Enemies hit by Slash Dash become briefly opened to finishers (for 1-2 seconds). Number of targets that can be hit by single ability use is limited to 1, but in next 2-3 seconds the ability can be used again with lower energy cost. Every hit increases combo counter by 1 point (2 with augment), so you'll need 12 consecutive dashes (6 with augment) to build it from zero to max.

hmm i know using healing return solves the problem but im talking for newbies who dont have the mod.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Really? What's the +range stat on your Riven for the Iron Staff that allows it to reach far further than other staves? 

You mean, "Wukong has his twin losing damage by forcibly equipping a weapon his AI doesn't perform well with, as opposed to a firearm that it does perform well with".

I do hope that's what you meant, because to suggest that the clone equipping a subpar weapon as well as you is something positive... that would be madness.

the way ur talking ur a wukong main too? wukong gang

2 hours ago, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

i know others need more attention but i hold a bond with those two frames. valkyr was my second frame after excalibur and i loved her and she is still a really cool warframe. and i main wukong, so i really care for these frames compared to, lets say nyx

• Like 1