Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator naming

xXxXx69420NoobMaster69420XxXx Grandmaster of the Tenno clans.

If we have an ability do to that it will be cool and it will be memed. But still its just a text under a healthbar or in the menu. It doesnt really matter.

What about our account names? Isnt that your operator name? Doesnt it show under operator when he/she speaks?

Edited by Savire510
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

What about our account names? Isnt that your operator name? Doesnt it show under operator when he/she speaks?

Not everyone wants that to be their Operator name, given our Operator is an actual human who's parents probably didn't call them "Tyrant 5663" or "Savire510".

I mean, there are weird parents out there, but they're a minority.

17 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Not everyone wants that to be their Operator name, given our Operator is an actual human who's parents probably didn't call them "Tyrant 5663" or "Savire510".

then change your account name, if you think it doesn't fit the operator. what do people expect when chosing names?

4 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

then change your account name, if you think it doesn't fit the operator. what do people expect when chosing names?

I'm not going to change my name so that a character in a video game has a slightly more fitting name, and nor should any one else. I personally don't care, as I'm called Monkey more than my actual name at this point.

Every time this is brought up there's people who act like the idea is completely unreasonable. Have you even played a video game that isn't Warframe? Look at MMO's, you have an account name (user name) and separate character names for the individual characters you play in the game.

Look at any game with a named protagonist. My user on Steam/Console is De Monkey, does that mean that all my named protagonists in video games should be named De Monkey? No. That would be silly.

Before we go through the pointlessly argumentative and demeaning arguments that are always presented against this, answer one thing. Would the addition of a renaming feature for the Operator negatively impact you in any way, shape or form?

35 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Hey, Savire is an actual name somewhere in the world, i think. I guess.

Just now, Savire510 said:

Hey, Savire is an actual name somewhere in the world, i think. I guess.

Almost certainly, but I can't imagine many parents slap some numbers on the end of their kids' names.

Give us 15 years or so for the fortnite generation to start having kids and maybe it'll be another story. :tongue:

Oh man is this going to be another long thread arguing over something that would negatively affect nobody. That was fun last time this topic came up.

Personally I welcome the prospect and would also like my operator to be named something else than my account name. I mean when you start the game it is clearly an account name you are setting up and unless you go into the game knowing that operators exist you may just think it's a codename or something for your cool ninja space robot. Besides many names someone might want for their operator could be taken as account names already, but customization names like those for kitguns don't have that restriction.

Like last time this thread came up, I'll bring up the Diablo III approach: the name hovering above you/in the UI is your account name to other players,  but in the character select UI and various screens on your side and in the character subtitles it uses the name you gave your character during creation. So functionally your account name is what is shown to everyone else except in the subtitles for when your character makes a quip about a strong enemy or something. 

Operator names don't even have to be a thing to other players in multiplayer if that's such an issue. Have it be tied to a small platinum purchase like with weapon names so DE gets a benefit from it maybe.