The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it annoying if I spam Flechette orbs as Vauban?

Lazerflare01

Question

9 answers to this question

I find all use of Vauban annoying. The sound his skills make drive me crazy. I just can't do it. Also the bright colors that people use for his vortex thing is too much for me to handle. I generally have to abort missions. Not that he is a bad frame and I'm hating on Vauban players. It's just sensory overload for me most times. 

• Like 2

Il y a 1 heure, Lazerflare01 a dit :

When I'm on Hydron in Sedna I play as Vauban and spam 4 Flechette orbs around the map is it annoying?

Don't worry alot of players will find ways to be annoyed. Some are so creative you won't be expecting them.
Vortex is indeed tough on the eyes, but flechettes are fine, the only issue is sound I guess especially when all 4 flechettes are in the same spot. But as long as you use them to fight and not just spam them for no reason, it's fine.

While it can be annoying, it's not what does the most noise in the game. Take a look at Octavia's songs or some fast firing weapons like Phaedra or Mesa's peacemaker. Non stop firing.
Then once you come back to using Flechette, it feels alright.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, STUVash said:

Don't worry alot of players will find ways to be annoyed. Some are so creative you won't be expecting them.
Vortex is indeed tough on the eyes, but flechettes are fine, the only issue is sound I guess especially when all 4 flechettes are in the same spot. But as long as you use them to fight and not just spam them for no reason, it's fine.

While it can be annoying, it's not what does the most noise in the game. Take a look at Octavia's songs or some fast firing weapons like Phaedra or Mesa's peacemaker. Non stop firing.
Then once you come back to using Flechette, it feels alright.

I now have my Vaubans energy to the colour black and it makes Vortex seem like it's not even there.

Flechette is useful and not that obnoxious compared to lots of other things, so go for it.

I've used Vauban A LOT on Hydron to level weapons, since I can throw vortex in the middle and just shoot the enemies that get pulled in. The thing that annoys with me other Vaubans is when they have too much range on their vortex and everything just gets stuck against walls before they can make it to the middle. The Vauban can see the damage numbers popping up, so they know where those enemies are, but no one else does, so it's a pain to have to run around and search for them.

I fell in love with the updated Vauban, but ugh.. the Flechette Orb noise is going to drive me crazy. 

Maybe make it only make noise when it's firing a targeted shot at an enemy, instead of constantly?

his ability is not themselves annoying, the irritating sounds it produces however is, vauban after his rework just feels like an annoying troll frame, his abilities make too much annoying/loud noises and his vortex is now a fantastic troll ability that manages to get mobs stuck in the scenery all over the place.

• Like 1