Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda's Talons should be set mod bonus compatible

Sennera

Unlike other exalted weapons, Garuda's Talons can only be "equipped" when Garuda has no melee weapon equipped. So unlike other Warframes with exalted melee weapons, she never has two melee weapons available for modding and thus the set bonus effects on melee set mods can't be stacked like with other exalted weapons.

My point is: Since Garuda's Talons can't be used to exploit mod set bonuses like other exalted melee weapons, they should be made set bonus compatible.

Another issue I'll just throw in here because I feel like it doesn't warrant its own post is that Garuda's Talons don't count as a melee weapon for melee-only sorties right now.

• Like 2

I did even realize you could use her talons for melee! kind of just figured the claws were just for show with her 1 - 4 stuff partly because you couldn't mod them.

edit:yeah its hinted that you can in her passive but not really stated, it could just mean those bonuses apply to abilities

Edited by _Anise_

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

I did even realize you could use her talons for melee! kind of just figured the claws were just for show with her 1 - 4 stuff partly because you couldn't mod them.

edit:yeah its hinted that you can in her passive but not really stated, it could just mean those bonuses apply to abilities

That is a good point, I just took a look and her passive is described in 2 sentences, one for her inverse health-to-damage-buff mechanic, and the other sentence for her claws-as-melee mechanic.

"Slashes with her talons if no melee weapon is equipped." is actually a little vague and confusing, there's more than enough space left in her passive's tooltip to properly explain that having no melee weapons equipped allows Garuda to use (and mod) her talons as melee weapons. In your case you're saying you would have assumed it gave some sort of weird bonus to abilities, right? That would be a perfect example of why that sentence is too vague.

Edited by Sennera
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sennera said:

Unlike other exalted weapons, Garuda's Talons can only be "equipped" when Garuda has no melee weapon equipped. So unlike other Warframes with exalted melee weapons, she never has two melee weapons available for modding and thus the set bonus effects on melee set mods can't be stacked like with other exalted weapons.

My point is: Since Garuda's Talons can't be used to exploit mod set bonuses like other exalted melee weapons, they should be made set bonus compatible.

Good point.  Although I'd sooner say they should be able set bonus compatible because they're really just a run-of-the-mill weapon. 

4 hours ago, Sennera said:

Another issue I'll just throw in here because I feel like it doesn't warrant its own post is that Garuda's Talons don't count as a melee weapon for melee-only sorties right now.

To be fair....unlike  true exalted melee, we can't use them in ranged weapon restriction sorties either.  😛

10 hours ago, Sennera said:

and thus the set bonus effects on melee set mods can't be stacked like with other exalted weapons.

They still can, although you would have to use Helios with Deconstructor and equip the mods on it

And I know "sentinels are tissue paper if they get shot at", but stil,l I'm just saying that she's not completely barred from it.