Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abnormally high Damage values on some Conclave weapons after recent hotfix

Triplinster

As the title suggests, after a recent update, few conclave weapons have started dealing abnormally high damage values.
The weapons that this affects are shown below.

Spoiler

Qw5P82z.png

These high damage values are caused by the game taking "PvEminimumfalloffdamage" as PvP Base damage. At the time of writing this post, this currently only affects PC.
So if you get one/two shotted from another corner of the map with a tigris, this is the reason.

This is a bug, and I did make a post on it in the bug forums.

Making a post here as here to let you guys know what's going on, and in case someone need a post to refer to for future post/explanation. Or well... if DE sees it here that's a bonus.

Edit: In case of Hema and Buzlok, I'm not sure what's going on, but they're outliers in the trend, and does not affect the "Large variance" theory in the post.

Edited by Triplinster
  • Like 14

Okay so while the "one shots from across the map with a shotgun" are clearly broken as all get out, and the fact that it's a bug isn't good either, I'm kind of liking the damage increases otherwise? It weirdly works with and offsets the shield gating...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Okay so while the "one shots from across the map with a shotgun" are clearly broken as all get out, and the fact that it's a bug isn't good either, I'm kind of liking the damage increases otherwise? It weirdly works with and offsets the shield gating...

We're at a point in the game where things are so broken, they start to cancel out. @Stormdragon showed me a gif other day of Melee block and Telos Ragdoll

https://gfycat.com/gleefulsaneantelope

A melee weapon is blocking 100% damage while user is ragdoll... and we see an AoE weapon doing that ragdoll... It's still bad and all but this is where we're at. It's a shame though, aside from these abnormalities, the game is fairly well balanced.

Edited by Triplinster
  • Like 7