The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Creator

I am sure I'm not the first one with this idea. How about making a good tool for the players to create their own levels? Something tells me it shouldn't be too hard to implement since levels are randomly generated already using some pieces of the map.  Then there could be a hub for these missions and a rating system and an area similar to Derelict where top-rated missions would become added by DE (I haven't thought much about rewards, etc, but that's too early anyway).

Players have potential to create some unique and awesome missions, who knows, even a new game can be created inside of it.

Edited by Scar.brother.help.me
  • Like 1

I don't know how much it will matter.

I might not understood you correctly so correct me if I'm wrong:
Let's say I make a level with the Grineer Astroid tile set. How is it different then a regular mission? I chose the layout, but it's still the same tile set we run every time. If doesn't feel different and unique enough.
About if it's possible or not to make. I'm 99.99% sure it's possible. Play Apostecy Prologue or The Sacrifice twice, you will see both quests have the exact same layout in each part of the quest. Bet more quests are like that. There is a way to set a mission that isn't random.
This brings us to the same question from before: how is it different? You sure didn't notice quests have a set layout. I didn't notice untill I watched someone else play these quests and have the exact same layout as I did. In practice, it feels like every other mission.

The way to implement it right is to have a tile builder and not a whole level. Funny thing, we already have it in our dojos. We can make an obstacle course of our own. Here is the fun part: what if we had a system that collects custom courses and makes a level out of them? Or even safer: have DE pick some good courses and make a tile set out of them. That way we can filter out the bad courses and the trolls.

52 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

I am sure I'm not the first one with this idea. How about making a good tool for the players to create their own levels?

I am sure you are not.

I am pretty sure that DE at some point discussed that they were toying with the idea, in the period between Starchart 3.0 and Starchart 4.0.

Nothing came of it. DE has obviously found the idea to be ultimately uninteresting.

And I can't say I'm very intrigued by the idea, myself. "Unique and awesome missions"? Like what?

13 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

I am sure I'm not the first one with this idea. How about making a good tool for the players to create their own levels? Something tells me it shouldn't be too hard to implement since levels are randomly generated already using some pieces of the map.  Then there could be a hub for these missions and a rating system and an area similar to Derelict where top-rated missions would become added by DE (I haven't thought much about rewards, etc, but that's too early anyway).

Players have potential to create some unique and awesome missions, who knows, even a new game can be created inside of it.

i dont think they will implement or consider this anytime soon, it has too many bugs to go with it. its usually all or nothing.
so until they have a team that will be dedicated to fixing the numerous bugs, they wont be able to manage, take scarlet spear for example, they almost couldnt even handle the bugs with that.

using already made content gives the feel of the same thing, just a different place, or the same place but a different mission.
already some missions on other planets are literally the same tileset as another planet.
they cant even make a few new ones for a different feel, and you think they will make something for the community to play with?.

besides, they dont even want to implement a mission manager or squad manager, so you can adjust the starting level of enemies or amount of enemies, let alone an entire level creator.

im sorry if i appear to be negative about the idea, its just that i have seen soo many requests for less than what you're asking for, and am yet to see anything done about it.

13 hours ago, Savire510 said:

I would like something like a map system from Path of Exile or Tarot system from Inquisitor Martyr.

if you really thought about it, it already has that, but in a different way.
starting dificulty is not the same between planets and as for perks, we have fissures that give more the longer you stay in an endless mission.
only real thing missing in comparison, is bosses. but we have assasinate missions, which are a joke to say the least.

in most of these types of games they have a sort of balance when it comes to bosses, you should never be able to 1 shot them, pretty much how eidolons and profit taker work, but thats pretty much every mission in those games and its not even nearly as tedious as what we have.
its either 1 shotting like any other enemy, or you are forced into a ridiculous strategy to defeat them. for some stupid reason they put gates instead of actual EHP. 
demolysts was a step in the right direction, they should be what every boss is.

Edited by 5p33dy_01

41 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

in most of these types of games they have a sort of balance when it comes to bosses, you should never be able to 1 shot them, pretty much how eidolons and profit taker work, but thats pretty much every mission in those games and its not even nearly as tedious as what we have.
its either 1 shotting like any other enemy, or you are forced into a ridiculous strategy to defeat them. for some stupid reason they put gates instead of actual EHP. 
demolysts was a step in the right direction, they should be what every boss is.

I'm  fine with tanky bosses with millions of hp as a remedy for 1 shotting. (actually shed a small tear when they reduced Wolf's armor and hp during nightwave

Some of that would be actually fixed if the bosses we fight were at a higher level. We saw glimpses of that when sorties came out and we started fightning starchart bosses at 100lvl with some buffs. But now, almost 4 years later, we are at such higher power level these bosses aren't that big of a deal. What is there left to do? Make "Elite Sorties" starting at 160 going up to 200 with double debuffs? that would actually be cool, but what then? Super elite sorties from 260 to 300?

Anyway

I think liches (in terms of stats) are a step in a good direction, but i want them to level up higher. Toxic or Rad Lich with tonkor always keeps me on my toes.

if you really thought about it, it already has that, but in a different way.
starting dificulty is not the same between planets and as for perks, we have fissures that give more the longer you stay in an endless mission.

I thought of something like trading debuffs to us or buffs to enemies for better rewards.

Like for example, we can choose to unveil additional buffs to enemies (something like a mix between nightmare and sortie) before our mission for better rewards. Let's say grineer in a mission will be permamently speednova'd and they will have additional fire damage, idunno, maybe even they will have corpus shields. But in exchange we will get a % bonus to our rewards or something more.

Add something like this to most of the gamemodes on top of the endless fissure bonuses. This could vastly improve kuva farming to a lot of people.

No need to increase the level, or wait few hours for an actual challenge, because then even level 100 lancer with a bunch of buffs can be made dangerous.

Edited by Savire510

32 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

I'm  fine with tanky bosses with millions of hp as a remedy for 1 shotting. (actually shed a small tear when they reduced Wolf's armor and hp during nightwave

Some of that would be actually fixed if the bosses we fight were at a higher level. We saw glimpses of that when sorties came out and we started fightning starchart bosses at 100lvl with some buffs. But now, almost 4 years later, we are at such higher power level these bosses aren't that big of a deal. What is there left to do? Make "Elite Sorties" starting at 160 going up to 200 with double debuffs? that would actually be cool, but what then? Super elite sorties from 260 to 300?

Anyway

I think liches (in terms of stats) are a step in a good direction, but i want them to level up higher. Toxic or Rad Lich with tonkor always keeps me on my toes.

its the weapons that have created this increase in level requirement. nerf the weapons and you wont need to keep increasing the level.
BUT... when they nerf weapons, you see the community cry like they just gave birth to a house which was then destroyed, they dont even consider that its because they have to have a sort of balance.

yes liches are also a bit in the right direction, but i didnt use those as an example, because they have gates too AND they are fairly weak even on Rank 5, i think demolysts are a lot more tougher, not to mention the ability dispel bubble.

I thought of something like trading debuffs to us or buffs to enemies for better rewards.

Like for example, we can choose to unveil additional buffs to enemies (something like a mix between nightmare and sortie) before our mission for better rewards. Let's say grineer in a mission will be permamently speednova'd and they will have additional fire damage, idunno, maybe even they will have corpus shields. But in exchange we will get a % bonus to our rewards or something more.

Add something like this to most of the gamemodes on top of the endless fissure bonuses. This could vastly improve kuva farming to a lot of people.

No need to increase the level, or wait few hours for an actual challenge, because then even level 100 lancer with a bunch of buffs can be made dangerous.

for some reason they made sorties a once a day thing, instead of making that the elite sorties and have various other sorties type missions for veterans (flashback of Grendel components).
i laughed so hard when i saw that they literlly broke Mirage when you use 1 the entire mission breaks (you cant use any other abilites, nor activate health supply pilons), and her clones just stay in an invisible immovable state, instead of actually fixing her clones to not use mods.

its ok though, i found that hildryn with falcor or cerata (cant remember which one i used exactly) cheeses it.

but it just furthers my point on the lack of effort put into some aspects of the game.

This could vastly improve kuva farming to a lot of people.

forget about this... they've introduced so many ways to get kuva now that i am pretty sure they wont be looking at it for a while.
requiem relics 1200 kuva, fissure kuva survival and disruption upto 2x drops, arbitration store 10k for 25 vitus, nightwave.
kuva is everywhere now, even thinking about complaining about it just means you're being greedy.

Edited by 5p33dy_01

I'm totally on board with the idea of letting players make content for other players, since this is a pve-focused game, they don't have the easy way out for content that is pvp where other players are directly providing content with their input.

I think a mission creator would need to be very robust, break each of the tilesets down into bite-sized pieces for people to mix and match, make it like the Obstacle Course in the Dojo.
Dojos in general, I've seen SO many clans making the craziest stuff in their dojos and ALL they have is decoration.  If you handed these kinds of people fragments of tilesets to plug together like Lego, gave them access to enemy stats and some powers to give them like those guys in that Grineer Arena that I've forgotten the name of, or the Index.

You could easily get people creating entire mini-stories, playtesting entire swathes of enemy compositions and features.

Could even just be a Simulacrum extension of the Dojo, like an upgrade or a second floor to the Obstacle Course, and the best rated missions DE might be able to hijack or use in some way.

5 minutes ago, blazinvire said:

I'm totally on board with the idea of letting players make content for other players, since this is a pve-focused game, they don't have the easy way out for content that is pvp where other players are directly providing content with their input.

I think a mission creator would need to be very robust, break each of the tilesets down into bite-sized pieces for people to mix and match, make it like the Obstacle Course in the Dojo.
Dojos in general, I've seen SO many clans making the craziest stuff in their dojos and ALL they have is decoration.  If you handed these kinds of people fragments of tilesets to plug together like Lego, gave them access to enemy stats and some powers to give them like those guys in that Grineer Arena that I've forgotten the name of, or the Index.

You could easily get people creating entire mini-stories, playtesting entire swathes of enemy compositions and features.

Could even just be a Simulacrum extension of the Dojo, like an upgrade or a second floor to the Obstacle Course, and the best rated missions DE might be able to hijack or use in some way.

there is no doubt that it will be fun.
the problem remains that DE wont or cant do it, its too much work to handle for them.

like i stated earlier
"already some missions on other planets are literally the same tileset as another planet.
they cant even make a few new ones for a different feel, and you think they will make something for the community to play with?."

I was also trying to get at the point that we have an Obstacle Course we can customize the crap out of, coupled with the plentitude of decorations in the Dojo, the Simulacrum already provides a bit of control over enemies, and they must have their own tools for making missions.

I don't know how many bugs the Obstacle Course created, or the Simulacrum, but the amount of work required to setup a good toolkit, compared to the unfathomable amount of custom missions players will make and thereby content, I'd wager it's a pretty good investment if DE actually sat down and thought about it for a bit.

Once the infrastructure is setup, they reap twice the benefits whenever they release new content, and then multiply that by the hundreds and thousands of players committing their creativity.
It'll be a lot of work in the beginning to get it all ironed out, but it'll end up being a gift that keeps on giving, so I don't think we should shoot the idea down before it can make it to DE.
Give the best chance we got by showing we're here to support such a decision.

1 hour ago, blazinvire said:

I was also trying to get at the point that we have an Obstacle Course we can customize the crap out of, coupled with the plentitude of decorations in the Dojo, the Simulacrum already provides a bit of control over enemies, and they must have their own tools for making missions.

I don't know how many bugs the Obstacle Course created, or the Simulacrum, but the amount of work required to setup a good toolkit, compared to the unfathomable amount of custom missions players will make and thereby content, I'd wager it's a pretty good investment if DE actually sat down and thought about it for a bit.

Once the infrastructure is setup, they reap twice the benefits whenever they release new content, and then multiply that by the hundreds and thousands of players committing their creativity.
It'll be a lot of work in the beginning to get it all ironed out, but it'll end up being a gift that keeps on giving, so I don't think we should shoot the idea down before it can make it to DE.
Give the best chance we got by showing we're here to support such a decision.

i can 100% support it when at least some of the lesser problems are resolved.

its just like someone else was suggesting taking companions to whole new level by controlling them, roaming PoE and bond with wildlife (they will probably want the kavats to have babies and nurture them, as if this is some sort of sim simulation, i have no idea how far that rabbit hole will go).

its one thing making an environment, its a whole different story to make everything interact correctly.

people keep asking for more, but then nothing happens with the current problems, because they are too busy working on more stuff.
if you keep building on a broken house, soon the whole thing will collapse.

some of the much needed changes havent happened for YEARS, but we still have people asking for more.

Edited by 5p33dy_01