Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some missions need a rework, or at least an improvement and better context.

MorteNexus13

I've been thinking about it since The Trainwreck with Ashisogi. Let's face it, these missions ARE the core of the game and we have been doing them from day one and with the same dialogues, but with different variations (sorties, void fissures, nightmare, Kuva Lich territory, etc.). And I know that some of these missions have received an update (spy, rescue, sabotage), but at this point with the story, who we really are, and all the characters we met (yes, I'm tired of hearing the voice of Lotus in almost all missions other than disruption, skirmish and Fortuna's bounties), it's time for those missions (which I repeat, are the core of the game) have a few improvements.

Let's see first what currently all the missions available in the game are:

• Standard: Assassination, capture, exterminate, hijack, mobile defense, rescue, sabotage, spy, assault, rathuum, weekly missions (Darvo and Maroo)
  • Endless: Defection, defense, disruption, excavation, interception, survival, infested salvage, sanctuary onslaught, the index.
  • Unique: Junction, recovery.
  • Archwing: Exterminate, interception, mobile defense, pursuit, rush.
  • Railjack: Skirmish.
  • Special missions: Nightmare, invasions, void fissures, syndicate, sorties, kuva syphon/flood, arbitration, Kuva Lich Territory.
  • Bounties:
  1. Cetus: Assassinate, cache recovery, capture, exterminate, drone hijack, liberation, resource theft, rescue, supply sabotage, grokdrul injection, eidolon hunt.
  2. Fortuna: Cache recovery, Coil drive hack, drone hijack, excavation, exterminate, rescue, spy, heists.

Something curious that I saw in some adventures is that they have unique missions, for example:

• In Vor's Prize, we have to "borrow" some caches to gain resources and a navigation segment (raid), and once that is done we can go directly to the extraction point or sabotage a Grineer galleon on the way to a near colony (giving us a reason to do that extra mission).
  • In The New Strange, the firs mission is literally a rescue/spy mission! How is it possible that we don't have such missions on the star chart?

There are also things that I want to highlight that I find interesting:

• All (or most) bounties offer bonus objectives that can give you extra reputation and an extra reward.
  • Most of the Sabotage and some Exterminate missions have resource caches.
  • When you finish an Infested Salvage round, a 20 second timer appears instantly and may disappear sooner if you kill all enemies (not as Interception).
  • During the last Profit-Taker Heist, 3 different characters help us and none of them are Lotus (Eudico, Bis, Little Duck)
  • There are interactions with the syndicates in other missions, besides their missions and quests: Defection (Red Veil), Kela Assassination (Cressa Tal), Ambulas Assassination (Ergo Glast) and Arbitration missions (Arbiters of Hexis).
  • Obviously, Spy missions give you more affinity if you stole the data with stealth.
  • In Skirmish missions we use the Railjack (duh) and the Archwing, and have some ground missions (Sabotage and/or Assassination)
  • The operator rarely says something to bosses.
  • Disruption is fun (and that's a fact).

So tell me: Do you have ideas to improve the missions that currently exist? Don't be afraid to share them.

I'll be honest: I hate disruptions.

We have a wide choice of cool powers to stop demolysts but they are immune so we are forced to resort to good ol' brute force.

Yes, we end beating up them anyway, but having useless powers kills the joy of playing a frame. Not a big deal, I know, but that's why I avoid disruptions as much as possible

Edited by Kappa83
Typos, typos everywhere

Disruptions are the worst by far because you have like a 10 second window to complete the objective but a 2-3 min window of waiting for that random 10 second window to appear so you're hyper vigilant the entire time waiting for that stupid beep because god forbid your attention lags once and you miss it then whoops the whole mission is over how FUN

Excavations are right behind because all you're doing is guarding some stupid excavator while endless swarms of enemies gradually chip away at it and no power cell EVER shows up even though it's a mission requirement.

I honestly think I'm missing something with excavation because every time I try one, i literally get one power cell per 2 minutes, and the mission just drags on, unfun, forever.

While they are fixing them I'd be happy if they would just give the players the standard Nightmare/Invasion/KuvaLich/Alternative missions option box that's already in the game for each node so we can choose what we want to run to clear the star chart simply because Disruption, Interception and Defense missions are awful as well as frustrating for newer players waiting on PUGs or having to recruit in recruiting chat compared to a straight up choice between Defection or a Capture mission. 

This would allow new players to catch up to the initial wave that's seven years ahead of them and get them into Arbitration and playing better content.

1 hour ago, Kappa83 said:

I'll be honest: I hate disruptions.

We have a wide choice of cool powers to stop demolysts but they are immune so we are forced to resort to good ol' brute force.

Yes, we end beating up them anyway, but having useless powers kills the joy of playing a frame. Not a big deal, I know, but that's why I avoid disruptions as much as possible

You can use most CC powers on them. They just won't last as long as on ordinary minions, and that's a good thing... I mean, that would trivialize the mission.

56 minutes ago, (NSW)Reason said:

Excavations are right behind because all you're doing is guarding some stupid excavator while endless swarms of enemies gradually chip away at it and no power cell EVER shows up even though it's a mission requirement.

I honestly think I'm missing something with excavation because every time I try one, i literally get one power cell per 2 minutes, and the mission just drags on, unfun, forever.

Sometimes it bugs, but in my experience, that's the exception, not the rule.

A good way to reduce that issue is to take a pilfering Khora to defend the excavator. You'll have a decent defence with the cage, and you'll have extra power cell drops.

The mission type i have the most issues with is Void Fissure missions, especially many of the endless ones. The relic drop rate isn't adequate at times for the mission timers. For example, if you have a very efficient nuker frame on Defense missions, you can easily wipe out mobs before you get enough reactant by the 5 waves mark.
Same thing can happen with extractions where sometimes people start double extractors and rush the mission faster than the reactant drop.

On these missions i'd have Rifts pop on round ends with guaranteed drops in a way that you'll always have enough to open relics by the end of the rounds.

Edited by ReaverKane

I really wish they'd make some mission narration packs for the market. As it is they pick their favourite character, we have to listen to them butchering the English language for months solid in missions they have no right to be in, LITTLE DUCK, and then we never hear from them again. Maroo, Darvo, Teshin, Ordis, these are all characters that got to narrate a mission or two, then their character went in the bin because New Character X is DE's new favourite. Seriously, we finally got Ordis directing Disruption on Jupiter and then what happens with all the other nodes? "Operator, for some reason that awful squawky lady is honking at you when you're on the Kuva Fortress!"

If we got some narration packs for characters like these we could choose to have some variation in missions, and have characters we enjoy be more present in the current game, rather than the first week we played years ago when we blitzed through the quests. And if they're made when something is the flavour of the month character, they don't have to just die off when the next batch of open world NPCs rock up.

Also it would be tremendous to be allowed to disable transmissions entirely, even if they're on by default for the first ~5-10 runs of a new mission type. Nothing makes a mode feel old and tedious more than hearing the same dialogue repeated over and over (nobody cares who you are Zuud, let me fight Exploiter in peace), or babying instructions on your 500 billionth void fissure.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Interception and excavation are the only missions that I dislike

Why? In my case, Interception is ok, but could be better (as I mentioned with the Infested Salvage). Excavation... Yeah, the problem is that enemies with cells don't spawn and the risk of destroying the extractor increases.

1 hour ago, MorteNexus13 said:

Why? In my case, Interception is ok, but could be better (as I mentioned with the Infested Salvage). Excavation... Yeah, the problem is that enemies with cells don't spawn and the risk of destroying the extractor increases.

If you're solo you run around in circles capturing points, takes too long. In squads you'll either get bombarded with enemies or just stand there doing nothing and it's still slow. 

Not a fan