Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One of those RNG days

damongautama

So I decided it was finally time to get the Kuva Bramma. I went to Adaro to spawn the larvlings. After at least fifteen tries, I started tracking which weapons each offered. Twenty eight more misses, and finally on the next time the Bramma came up. What was the bonus? 25%. Ha! 🙂

I understand this is just RNG luck, but the levels of grind (grind to get the Lich to grind to get the weapon, grind to get the forma, grind to rank it up) along with the number of bugs are why I won't spend any money on the game.

My sense is that this can be reigned in to make the game more enjoyable. Railjack, for example, is much more playable now than it was before. Some of the Avionic drops are still a little sparse, but you actually feel like you are making progress as you play.

Anyway, just my thoughts for the day.

• Like 1

the biggest lich annoyance is having to grind for relics, then crack them open to get those damn lich mods. I'll grow lichen on my own if I am having to deal with double and tripple RNG like that. i've done only one since theyve been introduced and by the void, i will not try that again.

Edited by numanoid
  • Like 1

I love this game, participated and played through everything and have put in a lot of money too. The only system that I stopped participating in now is the Lich system. The layers of RNG are disgusting. Let's see here:

Layer 1: Grind requiem relics to get the right relics.

Layer 2: Crack relics to get all requiem mods.

Layer 3: Spawn larvlings to get a weapon we want.

Layer 4: Figure out the right requiem mods to use.

Layer 5: Figure out the order that the requiem mods go in.

The Prime equipment system only involves two layers (1 and 2 above). The disparity is crazy. Keep in mind that each layer factors into player frustration when RNG fails them. This system allows for that frustration to happen over and over again. I understand that a little bit of frustration is good for a satisfying reward but when the amount is unbalanced it turns into self-torture, which not many people are into.

Edit: I forgot another layer amongst all this craziness.

Layer 6: The bonus damage % that spawns with the weapon.

Want maximum effectiveness for the weapon you so painstakingly grinded for? Go through the layers again.

Edited by Alkarnus

Today i got ogris, nukor, and at the end spawned a shidelg with rad ephemera.

I also was the rng god to an alliance member, giving him 22 of a relic he wanted for free.

Good RNG around me today i would say.

Edit: i mostly like the lich system.. it is great for riven hunting as well as getting the guns. The only thing i do not like is the 5 forma needed to get max MR. I feel like DE has gone waay overboard with the things that need forma recently.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

4 hours ago, damongautama said:

but the levels of grind (grind to get the Lich to grind to get the weapon, grind to get the forma, grind to rank it up) along with the number of bugs are why I won't spend any money on the game.

Maybe the reason the Lich system is so rubbish is because we've all stopped spending money? 🤣 (please don't kill me...)

Seriously though, the Lich system IMO is the least fun aspect of Warframe. The only reason I have been doing Liches is to get the weapons. I've been reasonably lucky so far - I found the Chakhurr on the four attempt hunting for it (specifically) and the Bramma on the second. That said, if it comes down to a handful of Kuva Weapons that I haven't mastered I think I'll just leave them be.

There's no repeat value in the Lich system. Sure I could hunt for a better % weapon or just use Valence Transfer but for what gain? The Bramma is massively OP even with a low %.

Still, it sucks to have a bad RNG day. I feel your pain.

On 2020-05-07 at 9:28 AM, Rraindrop said:

pffffft none of the avionic drops are at an okay %

you should get your first avionic 100% then grind for that second void hole.

Yeah, you are right. I am now at 9-10-10-10 with my intrinsics, and only have 4 of the 9 Battle Avionics.