Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you ever want Kdrives to be relevant... You're going to have to...

(PSN)Black-Cat-Jinx

1. Totally rework the operators basic movement and interaction with the world around them. This probably includes creating weapons and melees that are specifically designed for operator use, not warframes. Being blunt people have been telling you they want this for years which indicates you aren't ignorant, you just don't want to put in the effort regardless of your audience desiring something be done about it. I'm not telling you to do it, I'm telling you it's necessary if you want to make Kdrives relevant. You can do whatever you want. 

2. create an open world and/or social experience that is ENTIRELY focused on the operators, NOT the warframes. Yes. I know the name of the game is "warframe". Again, it's needed for the kdrive to be relevant. 

3. For this large open world, you will have to focus on operators using kdrives to explore the environment and that may include mechanics by which to attack while on the Kdrive. 

If you are not willing to do these things, you should actively avoid putting in any more work towards the Kdrives including cosmetics as they are meaningless when archwings exist. If you are not willing to invest, heavily, into the operator experience, and make the kdrive centered on operators mobility, not warframe mobility, there is no reason to engage with them outside of mastery fodder. 

IF you were to put focus on a operator only experience and open world, then they will be extremely important. anything less than that, they will remain mastery fodder. Which is sad because I can tell you put in a lot of work into engineering physics that are totally ignored by 99.9999% of your player base, 

Or they just need to add some mad Coiljack GTA shenanigans with chase scenes, heists and a silly number of aircraft buzzing around.

And to also let people shoot while on a Kdrive.  I know they were adamant about preventing that, but Archwings give you firepower AND high-speed flight, so...

For a while operator dash was faster than most if not all archwings, so by that logic wouldn't it have been fine to draw a comparison to warframes and archwings instead of operators and void dashes "for years"? Anyway,I don't think this is the way to go. K-Drives need to be made viable by other means, such as allowing them to be included in combat in meaningful ways, like a space chariot. However, I could care less about them reworking a feature they themselves have been treating as an afterthought ever since its release. Let's get stuff done that really need it first.

22 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

So you say they should remove Void Dash.
A lot of words for just that simple statement.

A lot of players seem to want the operator removed entirely for some reason. I didn't say anything about void dash, but honestly yest the operator mode needs to be reworked into it's own thing, Sure you can vd your way across POE and in fact I do. But it seems pretty clear it's not what the developer imagined people doing...

And past events make one thing very clear, if the dev didn't imagine people doing something a specific way, the dev team will take away your ability to do it.

You forgot the biggest part: Making K-Drives actually work and not be ridiculous.

• 60% of the time when I get on my K-Drive it 'rejects' me and jumps right back off even without input, which is annoying as hell
  • Control is still wonky and gelatinous - you try controlling with directions instead of just forwards + looking, you never know where you're going to go, and the slightest bit of angular momentum (or impact from level geometry) sends you careening off on some unanticipated vector
  • The nonsensical, oversensitive hitboxes and ludicrous dismounts. My god. Fully 80% of the time I get pinged off the board I end up out of bounds, it's absurd. A few times I've even been skyrocketed off so hard the terminal velocity took me outside the outer-boundary level cage on the Vallis. Tenno Space Program.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb TheLexiConArtist:

The nonsensical, oversensitive hitboxes and ludicrous dismounts. My god. Fully 80% of the time I get pinged off the board I end up out of bounds, it's absurd. A few times I've even been skyrocketed off so hard the terminal velocity took me outside the outer-boundary level cage on the Vallis. Tenno Space Program.

It is on top insutling relasign such only to come witha mod to reduce fall off times, it is a bandaid relased with the content it provided instead of not relasing it so, i mean are we sapce ninjas still or not? You telling me we can't keep our balance for more then a minute? This K-Drive is a desaster simply sadly, a after thought of bringing something "cool" in same for frame fighters onyl to dorp and never think of it again, because it is "just a side project" again.

Or they just allow players to fish off them while  also being on a K-drive allows you to see mining and animal locations....Also right now a K-drive will protect you from all attacks from the Eidolons except the one where he actually slugs you with his tree arm. That one is just the player being dumb, but all the other ones...K-drive a poor man's Harrow to the rescue.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

This whole thread feels like a bait-and-switch. "If you want to improve K-Drives, do all of these things to Operators." I've said this before - just let us ride our K-Drives on ground missions. That right there would give them a purpose. I mean, I'd also want to get rid of the entire "skateboarding tricks" system or else make it an optional mode, so that we can have proper movement controls and not fall off our boards if we encounter a gentle slope.

• Like 1

Operator is not totally unrelated to K-drives, but this topic is totally not about k-drives. And WF is not that kind of game for OP suggestions. This is not open world game and probably never will.

On 2020-05-08 at 12:01 PM, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

If you are not willing to do these things, you should actively avoid putting in any more work towards the Kdrives including cosmetics as they are meaningless when archwings exist.

Work toward K-drives? Looks like I've missed it for a long time. Well... except cosmetics, but that's not "work".