Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Really Need A Definitive Answer On Whether The Warframes Are Not Individuals With Their Own Stories Or Whether They Are Just Suits Worn By Millions

Solaurus

Warframes are suits, Tenno are "pilots". There are limited versions of Warframes, but many Tenno. Each Tenno is one of your pilots that you control. Each Tenno is trained to steer a certain Warframe. Warframes use Technocyte Virus tissue and the Tenno are "infected" with it, but instead of becoming TCV Zombies, they can control it.

Think of Cable from the comics and the Techno-organic virus he is controlling with his psyche.

It's probably pretty tough to create a viable story that makes sense .. you have many different Warframes, but some are male and some are female. If the Warframe is just a suit, they why does it have a specific gender as opposed to the gender of the Tenno operating it? In other games it is not hard to explain 200 warriors or varying races, or 200 classes of the same race. In warframe it is much harder to explain 200 Lokis given how rare these Warframes are supposed to be. There are a lot of holes in the logic surrounding Frames and while I don't think they'll manage to explain everything, I would still imagine it takes a while to create a plausible explanation and story for them. I would honestly be surprised if the Warframes got any story and think that the universe instead will get the brunt of story and lore with Warframes just being what they are with perhaps a little (back)story.

Warframes are suits, Tenno are "pilots". There are limited versions of Warframes, but many Tenno. Each Tenno is one of your pilots that you control. Each Tenno is trained to steer a certain Warframe. Warframes use Technocyte Virus tissue and the Tenno are "infected" with it, but instead of becoming TCV Zombies, they can control it.

Think of Cable from the comics and the Techno-organic virus he is controlling with his psyche.

Also gives the theory of symbiosis a possibility. Since it's still a virus, it's feeding itself with the human body but due to the virus itself keeping the host alive (so the virus itself can continue existing) symbiosis occurs so the human inside won't be able to live anymore, without the virus, without his/her system ending up compromised.

So just like in the game Crysis. We are stuck to the Warframe organic exosuit and if we would be parted from it, it could end up fatal and if not it would surely be a traumatic experience.

Edited by R3leaZ

Hmm, i'd love to see backstory on the Warframes, and i hope DE someday gives them personality, instead of being silent mindless avatars

I hope not. Although I can understand you want a 'hero' character, having the Tenno remain silent means we are free to project ourselves into them for purposes of role play.  We also have so much more elbow room for fanfic and etc.

I think what you really need is some instruction in proof-reading and edition, my friend. "T ehir" is probably the furthest away from the original 'there-their-they're' mis-spelling trichotomy that I think anyone has ever gone, so props for that. I think that it is safe to assume that they are not all one individual. They, or rather we are an army of [insert number here] individual soldiers wearing these exoskeletons as battle-gear.

*sigh* This topic again? Let me cover you in my hot sticky truth, friends:

At the begin there was the idea that your Warframe was you. You would pick a gender for your account and every single Warframe you equipped conformed to this choice. This is why Nyx looks like Excalibur with boobs; she was planned to be the female version. So the Warframes were just suits that everyone wore. So you could have a party of four Excaliburs and each one would lore-wise be a different Tenno, they could even be of different genders.

However, at some point that idea was scrapped and now each Warframe is a unique person instead. You do not wear different suits, you select a different character to play as. Very much like how you pick a Champion in DoTA or LoL. This doesn't make much sense when you can have a party of multiple instances of the same Warframe, but that's how it is. You can tell that the game was definitely designed around the first idea and that they had to resort to this latter one out of necessity.

Personally I hope they will go back to their original idea at some point, but since they decided to scrap it I don't think they will.

Edited by Brimir

At the begin there was the idea that your Warframe was you. You would pick a gender for your account and every single Warframe you equipped conformed to this choice. This is why Nyx looks like Excalibur with boobs; she was planned to be the female version. So the Warframes were just suits that everyone wore. So you could have a party of four Excaliburs and each one would lore-wise be a different Tenno, they could even be of different genders.

However, at some point that idea was scrapped and now each Warframe is a unique person instead. You do not wear different suits, you select a different character to play as. Very much like how you pick a Champion in DoTA or LoL. This doesn't make much sense when you can have a party of multiple instances of the same Warframe, but that's how it is. You can tell that the game was definitely designed around the first idea and that they had to resort to this latter one out of necessity.

Personally I hope they will go back to their original idea at some point, but since they decided to scrap it I don't think they will.

Yup. I like the original scenario too. Makes more sense when you have a team of 4 Novas.

They did say that they could not do it because of the resources involved...

Yup. I like the original scenario too. Makes more sense when you have a team of 4 Novas.

Or it could be, you know, limited models like Ced said. The warframes are just suits and that's for a fact, however it doesn't mean the Tenno inside has to be the same individual.

I always thought of it that way, and ot be honest it does make a lot of sense.

Your account represents ONE Tenno which is why:

You only take one mastery test. It's not that volt proves his prowess and then mag can hold a supra because they're in the same platoon or something. You can build warframes. If you needed a different person per warframe, where does the new Tenno come from?

XP is called affinity because it's your personal relation to the weapon. Affinity transfers between frames per weapon. So your Loki likes your boar as much as your Ash does.

Frames are just armor suits. They are not special snowflakes. Four excals in a game makes as much sense as four Honda civics in the same parking lot.