Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat are too hard to farm

(XBOX)QuakeMat

I have been in and out the orokin derelict to farm genetic codes for my incubator segment and the kavat itself. I think that DE should reduce the amount of kavat genetic codes that it takes to make the kavat incubator segment or if they could increase the drop chance of the kavat genetic codes that would also be awesome. This isn't a major topic or anything I would just enjoy the game a lot more if I could get my kavat easier.

• Like 1

I agree that the drop chance should be upped, but for now:

• get a group to go with you so more spawn at once
  • use a sleep cc frame
  • use simaris double scan widget
  • use ballistica prime to generate ghost cats for double scans
  • and do it with a resource booster where you can.
  • if you get both resource & drop chance booster it's not uncommon to get 30 or more per mission.
  • Like 1

Yeah, Kavat Genetic Codes are just a chore. Can we at least get Kavats spawning somewhere BESIDES the Orokin Derelict? I mean seriously, Vasca Kavats are all over the Plains now. Can we not scan them and get genetic samples that way? I have probably 100 Kubrow eggs, but fewer than 10 Kavat Genetic Samples.

Hmm... If Kavat is that hard why everybody have Kavats? 🤔

hace 42 minutos, Steel_Rook dijo:

Yeah, Kavat Genetic Codes are just a chore. Can we at least get Kavats spawning somewhere BESIDES the Orokin Derelict? I mean seriously, Vasca Kavats are all over the Plains now. Can we not scan them and get genetic samples that way? I have probably 100 Kubrow eggs, but fewer than 10 Kavat Genetic Samples.

Also Kubrow egg had a 0,5% chance if I remember well. What you see now is a buff of the drop chance because people said it was hard. And now you say it is easy. How old players have to get it? Misterious

Come on, Put effort and you will have what you want.

Edited by str4dlin

il y a 18 minutes, str4dlin a dit :

Hmm... If Kavat is that hard why everybody have Kavats? 🤔

Also Kubrow egg had a 0,5% chance if I remember well. What you see now is a buff of the drop chance because people said it was hard. And now you say it is easy. How old players have to get it? Misterious

Come on, Put effort and you will have what you want.

Kubrow Eggs do have a low drop chance, but they drop from Earth, one of the easiest planets in the solar-system. I did 4 runs of Earth capture and came out with an egg; it took me a grand total of about 10 minutes.

It took me 4 runs of Orokin Derelict Exterminate to get 10 Kavat DNA and this is scanning every single Kavat that was there, while I was also using Ivara and a Resource x2 Booster with the Double Scanning Widget. This took me about 30 minutes in total, without adding in the 10 minutes I took to craft the keys. Yes, I could have done Capture here as well, but I found that more Kavats spawned in for me on Exterminate. 

Edited by Els236
  • Like 1

hace 13 minutos, Els236 dijo:

Kubrow Eggs do have a low drop chance, but they drop from Earth, one of the easiest planets in the solar-system. I did 4 runs of Earth capture and came out with an egg; it took me a grand total of about 10 minutes.

It took me 4 runs of Orokin Derelict Exterminate to get 10 Kavat DNA and this is scanning every single Kavat that was there, while I was also using Ivara and a Resource x2 Booster with the Double Scanning Widget. This took me about 30 minutes in total, without adding in the 10 minutes I took to craft the keys. Yes, I could have done Capture here as well, but I found that more Kavats spawned in for me on Exterminate. 

Kubrow eggs droprate were buffed is what I ve mean.

But well, 40 mins is hard? Really? Don't you think worth it? 

"Come on, Put effort and you will have what you want."

Edited by str4dlin

27 minutes ago, str4dlin said:

Also Kubrow egg had a 0,5% chance if I remember well. What you see now is a buff of the drop chance because people said it was hard. And now you say it is easy. How old players have to get it? Misterious. Come on, Put effort and you will have what you want.

I'm going to skip over the "turn the game into a job, it's easy" argument and focus on two others.

First of all, I never argued that Kubrow Eggs are too easy to get. I argued that they are comparatively FAR easier to get than Kavat Genetic samples by a wide margin. And yes, the game has more Kubrows than it does Kavats - 6 Kubrow breeds plus the Helminth Charger vs. 3 Kavat breeds, but Kubrow eggs are STILL far more common than the 7/3 ratio would suggest. What justification is there for Kavats to be THIS rare? And let's not forget - I need one of the hundred Kubrow eggs I have to breed a single Kubrow. I need 10 Kavat Genetic Samples per Kavat. Why is this discrepancy?

Secondly, Kubrow Eggs are fairly easily attained passively. I have no idea WHY I have 100 Kubrow Eggs because I'm still not entirely sure what drops them. I thought it was the Burrows, but I seem to be picking them off the dogs themselves. And it kind of doesn't matter, because simply doing missions on Earth passively accrues eggs for me. Kavats only show up on one tileset which never has special missions on it (Alerts, Liches, Sorties, Nightmares, etc.) AND the act of actually collecting the samples is slipshod at best. Any mission on Earth will have half a dozen Kubrow dens. Your average mission in the Orokin Derelict may or may not have a couple of cats, you may or may not see them and pubbies - bless their hearts - tend to KILL them before one can scan them.

Again, what is the justification for making Kavats this much rarer than Kubrows? They're not really objectively "better," so what's the logic there?

• Like 2

il y a 3 minutes, str4dlin a dit :

Kubrow eggs droprate were buffed is what I ve mean.

But well, 40 mins is hard? Really? Don't you think worth it? 

"Come on, Put effort and you will have what you want."

Never said it was hard, but it was tedious as all balls.

Also, Kubrows seem to be the "easy pet" to get and Kavats the "hard pet" to get.

Look at Nightwave for an example: Rank 9 for Kubrow Gene Masking hit, Rank 18 (or w/e) for the Kavat one. So clearly DE want it to be hard to get Kavat stuff, over the Kubrow stuff.

P.S: I did my "effort" as I now own all Kavats, but still don't own a Raksa Kubrow.

il y a 3 minutes, Steel_Rook a dit :

I'm going to skip over the "turn the game into a job, it's easy" argument and focus on two others.

First of all, I never argued that Kubrow Eggs are too easy to get. I argued that they are comparatively FAR easier to get than Kavat Genetic samples by a wide margin. And yes, the game has more Kubrows than it does Kavats - 6 Kubrow breeds plus the Helminth Charger vs. 3 Kavat breeds, but Kubrow eggs are STILL far more common than the 7/3 ratio would suggest. What justification is there for Kavats to be THIS rare? And let's not forget - I need one of the hundred Kubrow eggs I have to breed a single Kubrow. I need 10 Kavat Genetic Samples per Kavat. Why is this discrepancy?

Secondly, Kubrow Eggs are fairly easily attained passively. I have no idea WHY I have 100 Kubrow Eggs because I'm still not entirely sure what drops them. I thought it was the Burrows, but I seem to be picking them off the dogs themselves. And it kind of doesn't matter, because simply doing missions on Earth passively accrues eggs for me. Kavats only show up on one tileset which never has special missions on it (Alerts, Liches, Sorties, Nightmares, etc.) AND the act of actually collecting the samples is slipshod at best. Any mission on Earth will have half a dozen Kubrow dens. Your average mission in the Orokin Derelict may or may not have a couple of cats, you may or may not see them and pubbies - bless their hearts - tend to KILL them before one can scan them.

Again, what is the justification for making Kavats this much rarer than Kubrows? They're not really objectively "better," so what's the logic there?

You might want to read the reply I posted just before yours. DE seemingly want Kavats to be the harder-to-obtain pet and the likelihood is because of Smeeta. No Kubrow beats what the Smeeta can do, which is obviously the Charm ability.

It's Harrow 4 and Hildryn 3 and all the different boosters mixed into an RNG ability. 

hace 8 minutos, Steel_Rook dijo:

It is not harder. It is different and the thing is the RNG component. With effort you can have Kavat. But you could not have a Kubrow after 10 hours farming because it depends on luck. 

There is why they buffed drop chance on kubrow and I'm sure at the end if you see to statistic they are mostly the same time for one and the other. On average.

Also, I don't know why we should compare when they are different stuff and they are made doing different tasks. 

The thing is you say "is hard" and it takes 40 minutes to have one. I don't think 40 minutes is hard.

Was harder to get a Kubrow egg when having 0,5% drop rate chance fighting versus RNG and we still having kubrows time ago. Is what I ve mean.

PS: I did my effort and I have more than 90 pets in my incubators. I think you can have one EASY.

Edited by str4dlin

1 hour ago, Els236 said:

You might want to read the reply I posted just before yours. DE seemingly want Kavats to be the harder-to-obtain pet and the likelihood is because of Smeeta. No Kubrow beats what the Smeeta can do, which is obviously the Charm ability.

OK, I guess that does answer my question. I'm not sure that's a good way to go about it, though. Warframe has a bad habit of going for "a balance of extremes," releasing something that's supposed to be "rare" but ends up not being so. Best case scenario, people just grind longer for it. Worst case scenario, people just buy it from the Market - which is what I did with my Kavat Genetic Samples. I tend to be of the opinion that items need to be balanced on their own merits, rather than on their availability because everything will be widely available sooner or later. If it's also overly powerful, it's simply going to displace everything else.

But to your broader point, fair enough. Kavats are rarer because they're meant to be rare. Whether I agree or not, that's fair enough.

1 hour ago, str4dlin said:

The thing is you say "is hard" and it takes 40 minutes to have one. I don't think 40 minutes is hard.

I do? Where? Please quote me where I said or even implied that. I compared the rarity of Kubrow Eggs vs. Kavat Genetic Samples, and I'm fairly convinced that a single Kubrow Egg is FAR less rare than 10 Kavat Genetic Samples.

There is why they buffed drop chance on kubrow and I'm sure at the end if you see to statistic they are mostly the same time for one and the other. On average.

They are? My apologies, but I'm going to need a source for that. My anecdotal experience says otherwise, as I've outlined already. If Kavat Genetic Samples were as common as Kubrow Eggs, then I'd have expected to have 10 times as many Genetic Samples as I do Kubrow Eggs. I checked, and it seems that I remembered wrong. My own inventory isn't nearly as bad. I have 42 Kubrow Eggs, enough for 42 Kubrows. I have 19 Kavat Genetic Samples, enough for 1.9 Kavats. Anecdotally, if Kavats and Kubrows were equally rare, would I not be expected to have about 420 Kavat Genetic Codes? I mean, it's entirely possible that something about my own anecdotal experience is skewing my inventory, but that's what I see. So I'm going to need some kind of demonstration for this claim.

1 minute ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Can we redo the Inaros quest for kavat scans? Or jump in with someone's quest for the scans?

Sands of Inaros is unrepeatable, although I'm sure about going in with another player. 

And to OP; you have a better chance of getting codes than you did before as they were buffed to 25% up from 15% so don't forget that scanner with extra widgets and some resource boosters for easy farming.

hace 13 minutos, Steel_Rook dijo:

I do? Where? Please quote me where I said or even implied that. I compared the rarity of Kubrow Eggs vs. Kavat Genetic Samples, and I'm fairly convinced that a single Kubrow Egg is FAR less rare than 10 Kavat Genetic Samples.

They are? My apologies, but I'm going to need a source for that.

Kubrow egg drop rate increased - PATCHNOTES (2016): 

Title of the post: Kavat are too hard to farm

Your first answer say you are not really agree with the way we obtain genetic codes right now what indirectly agree the title of the post. Indirectly you suggest they are hard or tedious to farm right now. Is what I understand.

I would suggest you to read a post is going on in this same forum called "
My Past time as a player isn't valued." where a guy suggests he is tired of how DEVs devaluate the effort old players doing to get things later give free or easily. Then you will understand the point I am going to.

Title of the post: Kavat are too hard to farm. Your first answer say you are not really agree with the way we obtain genetic codes right now what indirectly agree the title of the post. Indirectly you suggest they are hard or tedious to farm right now. Is what I understand.

That's a pretty big leap of logic. Yes, that's the title of the thread, but I didn't make it. Furthermore, "my first answer" describes Kavat Genetic Codes as "a chore," not "too hard." You can't really call that semantics when you're using said semantics to paint me as lazy and then offer me a non-solution of "put effort." If you're classing "hard" and "tedious" as the meaning the same thing, then we fundamentally disagree on the nature of good design of progression systems. My go-to example is usually this: imagine you would get a Kavat Genetic Sample for every 10 000 lockers you opened in any mission. Is that hard? No, there's no difficulty involved in opening lockers. Is that tedious? Yes, it absolutely is because there's no GAMEPLAY involved in opening lockers.

Calling people lazy in a roundabout way is a straw man which either intentionally or accidentally misses the point entirely. Whether or not Kavat Genetic Samples are "hard" to obtain is immaterial. Their method of acquisition is both pointlessly tedious and easily out-of-scale with the acquisition method for Kubrows by a fairly wide margin. If DE wanted to make Kavat Genetic Samples rare as a means of limiting the availability of a particular Kavat, then they went about it wrong and also failed because I can buy both Genetic Samples and Smeeta Kavat Templates with real money.

That YOU find farming for Kavat Genetic Codes easy does not relate to the question of whether the method for obtaining Kavat Genetic Codes is well-designed. I enjoy opening lockers and would have a LOT more of those Genetic Codes if I did get one for every 10 000 lockers. Doesn't mean that's a good way to obtain them, either.

*edit*
Since this got a little rambly, let me try and clarify. You tell me to "put effort" and advise me on how to earn Kavat Genetic Samples, as though my ability to earn them is the issue. It's as if my issue would be solved if only I could earn those Samples, which I presumably can't because it's too hard. The thing is, I HAVE all the Kavat Genetic Samples I'm going to need, I have all breeds of Kavat in Stasis, I know how to earn those. I earned them, and yet my issue remains because my issue isn't being able to earn them. My issue is with the core design of the activity of earning Kavat Genetic Samples, and it remains an issue even after I've earned them. I believe a better way should exist to earn Kavat Genetic Samples, or else that Orokin Derelict and Void missions need to enter the general pool.

Edited by Steel_Rook
  • Like 3