Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb Vallis needs a nerf.

First of all thank you for some of the recent changes made to the game I appreciate them. 

Tonight I wanted to make an ongoing issue I’ve had with the open world design know and what I generally believe makes them not fun at times. From the very first time I walked into the POE I was instantly pissed off. Why because for some reason every enemy on the map knows where I am. This is just not good and not enjoyable. From mr 0 to now 25 I still hate the fact that even in open spaces I’m being hunted as if I did something to aggro the entire map. So tonight I took my Mesa doing phase 2 of profit taker please bare in mind I used this same build for Scarlett Spear and faced up to and most likely beyond lvl 120 enemies. So tonight get in a mission last target I get melted not once but twice out of nowhere from lvl 40-60 enemies. This is bs sorry. Corpus on the vallis need a massive nerf the problem seems to be just bad ai and overtuned dmg output and it needs to go away. The random damage spike makes no sense. The predominant problem is instant targeting and accuracy. Another thing besides the entire map aggro that needs to change with the general approach is what I call the “throw the kitchen sink at em” approach with both open worlds (more so in the vallis) this just doesn’t make sense to attract the entire map especially in smaller groups or solo how do you manage with bad mechanics like instant targeting and zero dmg falloff. Please just nerf vallis. Shield gating gets negated entirely and enemy damage output is off the charts. I’ve not even taken this kind of damage an hour into a Kuva survival. I truly believe the corpus in the vallis specifically need a massive nerf and the overall approach to how we interact with enemies needs a revise. It would be so much better if mining hunting or fishing just wasn’t interrupted by some random enemy that came out of nowhere. This affects profit taker so much how do you ant us to manage when your throwing everything at us plus profit taker to deal with and in an instant 50 enemies are there. I’m not saying that multiple enemies are a novel thing but the throw the everything at em in orb vallis just not enjoyable and makes the vallis uniquely undesirable to play because it’s the worst as far as these issues. Lastly since I experienced this on the vallis tonight is magnetic and electric prods need a nerf as well in the general game and in the vallis. Please nerf duration or the amount of effect because to lose all my 500 energy is way too much across the board and especially when the 100 energy restore take 30 minutes of farming poly and maybe another for the nano spores. Please make these places and activities enjoyable to do. Wanted to say with all the recent updates the star chart as a whole has become very fun and I believe that the things I’ve talked about are merely outliers that when dealt with will add themselves to yet another turn around in Warframe making them enjoyable at every mr. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, (PS4)palebluelight said:

I believe that the things I’ve talked about are merely outliers that when dealt with will add themselves to yet another turn around in Warframe making them enjoyable at every mr. 

The difficulty spike on OV was deliberate. DE tried nerfing it before, but took it too far. People wanted a challenge. I feel like it is pretty okay there. I have no trouble with the enemies - my damage is fine and I don’t die at any great frequency. If you are struggling with a well modded Mesa, it could be how you are playing, or things you are ignoring (no build shown, and no explanation of the circumstances, so who knows).

OV has an alert system, I can completely understand the enemies knowing where you are when the alert is triggered. You have not mentioned this. PoE does not have this system. I would expect that when in PoE, you should be identified when in/near one of the camps. You should not be identified outside of that, unless enemies have LoS. OV should work the same, but with the alert system accounted for.

• This would make mining/fishing/conservation easier.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)palebluelight said:

I can’t wait till they nerf it

Not gonna happen.

Have you not seen DE Pablo's recent interview?

DE is currently considering (for some time maybe) nerfing the Tenno, not Corpus.

SPECIALLY given that the Deadlock Protocol is incoming.

You kinda made this post at the wrong time in warframe, mate.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PS4)palebluelight:

So tonight I took my Mesa doing phase 2 of profit taker please bare in mind I used this same build for Scarlett Spear and faced up to and most likely beyond lvl 120 enemies.

I'm happy that we both couldn't play together. I hate baby-sitting against higher lv. enemies.

10 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Not gonna happen.

Have you not seen DE Pablo's recent interview?

DE is currently considering (for some time maybe) nerfing the Tenno, not Corpus.

SPECIALLY given that the Deadlock Protocol is incoming.

You kinda made this post at the wrong time in warframe, mate.

That sucks for real. I thought about this and I don’t doubt what you’re saying but that kinda resets a lot of things like the armor and shield gating updates and why nerf Tenno if the challenge is gonna come with the new hard mode? It just seems a little conflicting. I’ll just do what I normally do avoid the next update until the forums do there thing and DE reverts it or something. There’s always rumors of nerfs (Fulmin) so we’ll see if it materializes. Thanks for the info. 

Edited by (PS4)palebluelight
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ES-Flinter said:

I'm happy that we both couldn't play together. I hate baby-sitting against higher lv. enemies.

Ah cause you’re so arrogant that you just know you’d carry everyone. Flexing your in game muscles feels good huh little man. Pathetic. 

Edited by (PS4)palebluelight

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PS4)palebluelight:

I thought about this and I don’t doubt what you’re saying but that kinda resets a lot of things like the armor and shield gating updates and why nerf Tenno if the challenge is gonna come with the new hard mode?

Because we are invincible. Vauban can lock entire rooms by spamming vortex/ bastille. Saryn and Mesa can kill entire armies in less than a second. Sure Warframe is a power fantasy game, but with so much power it's impossible to make this game enjoyable for everyone who isn't a newbie anymore.

I’ll just do what I normally do avoid the next update until the forums do there thing and DE reverts it or something

Why not trying to adapt? In real life you will also swap your equipment against better ones if it's not usable anymore in today's time.

Ah cause you’re so arrogant that you just know you’d carry everyone. Flexing your in game muscles feels good huh little man. Pathetic. 

I'm just around 170cm high so I'm really a little man. But I'm an Ash main. Killing someone and avoiding explosion is normal for me. Better ask someone who use a tank like wukong/ rhino. They will have more problems with the enemies.^^

i actually love vallis, i think the difficulty is on par and nice right where it is, actual enemies that dont seem surprised that were there and have tactics and equipment to help them fight us (can be a bit tough on solo unless you go with some meta things but still)

that being said tho i do also have an issue with DE adding things like fishing and mining yet i can barely do any of that when new enemies literally spawn above my head every 3 or 4 minutes, its frustrating to say the least to clear an area, stand there for a minute to make sure its clear, throw some bait, look down spear, 3 drop ships right over top of me, everythings wasted

one of the main issues atleast for new players is they SHOULD NOT be able to enter POE or Vallis when it lets them, they are not ready, nor do they have anything usually that can even hurt those enemies, but since open worlds brought literal flocks of new players they dont seem to care about that, rather have it how it is now where fresher players keep begging for nerf on those areas while older players, just do it solo or in a clan cause they dont feel like teaching or carrying players cause DE didnt explain or implement a real requirement to enter the area

Edited by Tokens210
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

Because we are invincible. Vauban can lock entire rooms by spamming vortex/ bastille. Saryn and Mesa can kill entire armies in less than a second. Sure Warframe is a power fantasy game, but with so much power it's impossible to make this game enjoyable for everyone who isn't a newbie anymore.

Why not trying to adapt? In real life you will also swap your equipment against better ones if it's not usable anymore in today's time.

I'm just around 170cm high so I'm really a little man. But I'm an Ash main. Killing someone and avoiding explosion is normal for me. Better ask someone who use a tank like wukong/ rhino. They will have more problems with the enemies.^^

Sounds a lot like equating fighting Simulacrum or lower level mission with full power warframes. Real missions, one will usually find that enemies take more damage and can regularly dish out enough each to down a player in a few seconds. Folk not getting shot, from invulnerability, invisibility, or just other folk taking the attention and killing everything for you can help give feelings of invincibility. In Warframe, you have lens and such necessitating using the same gear with the warframes you might have useful for the mission.

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Urlan:

Sounds a lot like equating fighting Simulacrum or lower level mission with full power warframes. Real missions, one will usually find that enemies take more damage and can regularly dish out enough each to down a player in a few seconds. Folk not getting shot, from invulnerability, invisibility, or just other folk taking the attention and killing everything for you can help give feelings of invincibility. In Warframe, you have lens and such necessitating using the same gear with the warframes you might have useful for the mission.

Don't worry. If I'm talking about a simulacrum test I will always say it. But I would still say that we are invincible. Otherwise there wouldn't be persons who play 8hours survival solo. Especially the invisibility frames can literally stay forever in a mission. And the others have either CC or a damage mitgation ability wich allow them them to fight enemies much stronger than the regular missions can give. Sure there are limits, like the scaling enemie ehp. But they appear after the game was already broken. Our weapons (like melee) can do millions of damage with the right combination. And how long needs someone to stay until the enemies can surive it?

And to proof that I'm not a simulacrum warrior. A 45min video, where I do the highest t5 bountie on orb vallies and stay after it so long that the enemies reach lv. 130.

Spoiler

Definetly not my best gameplay. I dies 6-times, because of stupid mistakes and the acurracy with my bow was probaly less than 10%.^^

Btw. what is for you low/middle/ high level? For me is low everything under lv. 100, mid between 100 and 200 and high is everything over 200.

There is an issue about some damage spike in OV, I am not sure what enemies deal that damage, but I do die from time to time even on Inaros while being able to survive bullet/beam showers from most of the enemies at the same time. May be a bug or some bad damage output ballance, I don't know. It happens and it is annoying.
In my opinion any high damage enemy needs to be clearly visible, even highlighted, and give some warning to the players like "if you don't hide or kill/controll it during next few moments - you are gonna suffer". Then if I am slow to react of just don't care - it is fair if I get hurt badly. But what we get in warframe - ph, these enemies do nothing to me, they are all the same, and then suddenly one of them deals a billion damage to you, now you have a moment of shield gating, you start to run around, try to understand where that damage comes from, and then you die with no clue.

Edited by Scar.brother.help.me