Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Outdated Parkour Thread] It Finally Happened! (Voice Your Opinion In The Poll!)

Aure7

DE really needs to improve the movement system and they have nearly revamped the game since it first came out.They revamped auras,mods,star map,market place (prices and BPs),bosses and some other stuff that I can't think of.If they're not going to revamp the movement system I'm going to be disappointed...They're revamping the melee in U12 and they're also bringing out new content so this might take a while.They also have the need on keeping the player base happy and fixing bugs.This game has a bunch of bugs.Example is the 2 billion bugs on Jupiter.I can agree that they need to revamp the movement system but just saying that it might take a while.

I completely agree with OP. There is definitely something wrong with Warframe movement. I felt the same problems with the movement when I first started playing the game, that everything was so stiff and lacked the fluid motion that is essential to a classic Ninja game. The addition of a much more fluid movement and improved elements of parkour would significantly benefit gunplay and breath new life into the game. The possibility of chaining multiple maneuvers while shooting and using abilities is just too awesome to ignore in a Space ninja game. 

DE have hinted at and very vaugely at that, they saw they are working on a new movement system. so that might be what we are asking for but not entirely to sure

Probably some gimmick additional mode that is activated with items of some sort or whatever. If they were improving the existing system they would be saying exactly that

One thing I'd like to note is that I've found that if you are doing a horizontal wallrun (interesting thing is that there are diagonal wallrun markers), you can actually gain/lose height by jumping (depending on your controls it might be different) or running out of stamina or w/e.  Gaining height or running out of stamina is a lot simpler, obviously since it actually makes you go diagonal instead of doing stairs.   Now, I've seen some fairly insane wallruns where people have done literally what looks like an upwards staircase on a single large wall, done a diagonal jump to another wall, ran across, did another diagonal jump, then did a winding/snakelike staircase to his goal.  Now, I don't know in what world that doing such complicated movements would ever be necessary outside of reaching specific rooms, but I have to say that being able to just straight out run diagonally or w/e would be very useful.

What I've been experiencing since the U11 patch is that my wallruns and slides and jumps now do stuff I don't want.  I was expecting U11.5 to address that, but I guess it was never addressed (at least before 11.5) since it wasn't a problem on the PC or the devs just didn't see it as a problem.  This includes flying off the map in a semi-RANDOM direction when jumping (even through walls)-quite necessary due to the tree removal in derelict (at least on PS4).   Only thing is when you die as a result of teleporting through the map itself and not just through a wall...

There is the backwards jump where you get teleported backwards (even playing solo or hosting) sometimes further back than you started to somewhere you never were (and that there was no way you could have reached) (I've literally been teleported above the map before).  There is the backwards flip when you are trying to jump forward horizonatally.  There is the bunny hop (instead of a backflip) when trying to jump backwards vertically.  There is the un-cancellable slide where you keep sliding until you run out of momentum.  This means that you can slide into a pit without being able to stop yourself (really fun for rank 10 and 11 tests!) or you can end up essentially standing still for about 3~10 seconds being unable to melee, roll, dodge, or do anything but "slide" in place and maybe fire a firearm.  Plus side, really easy slide kills if that happens to be whatever you need to do.  Not so plus side... I hope your main damage isn't your melee weapon.

===

That aside, I do agree with the OP

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia

One thing I'd like to note is that I've found that if you are doing a horizontal wallrun (interesting thing is that there are diagonal wallrun markers), you can actually gain/lose height by jumping (depending on your controls it might be different) or running out of stamina or w/e.  Gaining height or running out of stamina is a lot simpler, obviously since it actually makes you go diagonal instead of doing stairs.   Now, I've seen some fairly insane wallruns where people have done literally what looks like an upwards staircase on a single large wall, done a diagonal jump to another wall, ran across, did another diagonal jump, then did a winding/snakelike staircase to his goal.  Now, I don't know in what world that doing such complicated movements would ever be necessary outside of reaching specific rooms, but I have to say that being able to just straight out run diagonally or w/e would be very useful.

Yes I noticed that your wallrun starts curving down when you run out of stamina, but I've never heard of wallruns that are curving up. Maybe it's just a ps4 thing with controllers or it simply mistaken it with something else.

You can jump from one wall to another and keep the wallrun going, it's necessary in some places. And I really don't imagine what's this winding/snakelike staircase. Maybe that's the melee slide attack in midair, or in other words the cursed "zorencopter" that I want out of the game so much?

Yes I noticed that your wallrun starts curving down when you run out of stamina, but I've never heard of wallruns that are curving up. Maybe it's just a ps4 thing with controllers or it simply mistaken it with something else.

You can jump from one wall to another and keep the wallrun going, it's necessary in some places. And I really don't imagine what's this winding/snakelike staircase. Maybe that's the melee slide attack in midair, or in other words the cursed "zorencopter" that I want out of the game so much?

What the upwards run is...  It is where you are (on ps4) tapping the x (jump) button with hold x (jump) to wallrun off.  This makes you go upwards in an almost diagonal fashion (sort of staircased).  Thing is that it is a really gentle upwards slope so not really good for most wallruns due to the space needed to gain any significant height and the stamina required to gain any significant height.

As for the winding/snakelike..  It is literally like the chained walljump+wallruns except you are changing directions each time instead of jumping.  I've only done it once (I only managed a 5 chain before stamina died, upwards, left, upwards, right, upwards, backflip).

It looks really odd when done since you lose height every chain and how much height you lose can depend on certain factors such as lag.  You also can't go full height since you need to change your direction before you lose too much momentum.

(Ikr?  What in the world are PS4 players doing to make up for the difficulty of doing certain wallruns on a controller, those players be crazy).

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia

I think that this is NEEDED. after Melee 2.0 of course, and DE, if you decide to read this specific comment, any of you... please try to listen to the experienced a bit as well, so far your patches that people hate are mostly revolving around the fact that you had been ignoring late game a bit, not even mentioning end game, it seems like that had stopped... then continuous fire weapons update came... I think you need some community patch testing before implementing some of these things here, and if you jump into this core mechanic... yea GET IT TESTED PLEASE, before you release it in the condition damage 2.0 was released in... *shivers*

I think that this is NEEDED. after Melee 2.0 of course, and DE, if you decide to read this specific comment, any of you... please try to listen to the experienced a bit as well, so far your patches that people hate are mostly revolving around the fact that you had been ignoring late game a bit, not even mentioning end game, it seems like that had stopped... then continuous fire weapons update came... I think you need some community patch testing before implementing some of these things here, and if you jump into this core mechanic... yea GET IT TESTED PLEASE, before you release it in the condition damage 2.0 was released in... *shivers*

we are the testers and we are supposed to test core mechanics. That's why beta is for.