Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Outdated Parkour Thread] It Finally Happened! (Voice Your Opinion In The Poll!)

Aure7

I'm not going to watch your videos, so quit bringing it up. After the stuff you've said in the past, you've practically shown yourself as someone who'd dig warframe into its grave. 

Copter removes the need for parkour because of how quickly you can get to locations. Air melee also does this, I mean seriously, the Galatine has a aerial attack that launches the frame higher than excal will ever reach with super jump.

Blame DE for that, imo its all a matter of choice you can still parkour slowly running every wall, using stairs and all OR you can use copter and air melee to go fast and way high, all depends on your playstyle, more choices the better imo. Copter is not the answer to everything though thats just not true and like you people who don't like copter don't use it and do fine supposedly so that's that, everyone wins.

Blame DE for that, imo its all a matter of choice you can still parkour slowly running every wall, using stairs and all OR you can use copter and air melee to go fast and way high, all depends on your playstyle, more choices the better imo. Copter is not the answer to everything though thats just not true and like you people who don't like copter don't use it and do fine supposedly so that's that, everyone wins.

No, it's you to blame. You're the one using it, it was your choice to do it. And when you chose to do it, you are to blame here. 

But arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall, you never accept any one else's viewpoint and think yours is the right one. I've seen this aplenty with your views on balancing.

That's only true in the case that you use only Blind Rage.

That being said, even that doesn't make a difference because no one should build Excal with that much power. It'd kill all of his other abilites.

That also being said, that height is enough to be stopped by the ceiling in the game.

Is it? From what I've seen, it out-jumps excal in almost every way. Hell, I'd go as far as to call it Gala-launching, because it can catapult you to a whole new world.

No, it's you to blame. You're the one using it, it was your choice to do it. And when you chose to do it, you are to blame here. 

But arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall, you never accept any one else's viewpoint and think yours is the right one. I've seen this aplenty with your views on balancing.

Blame me for using something DE created and advertised, you serious ?

I and many others have plenty of fun using it, you're the one that sounds like the anti-fun angry kid brick wall here. I'll leave you alone for today merry x-mas.

I and many others have plenty of fun using it, you're the one that sounds like the anti-fun angry kid brick wall here. I'll leave you alone for today merry x-mas.

The coptering was an exploit that DE (For whatever reason) said that they want this in. When you decide to use coptering to get by things, you are to blame for supporting it. 

I'm not anti fun, if you actually pay attention, then you'd see that I want it to be more refined than it already is. Add some restrictions, make it integral to the next parkour update DE said that they are working on, then I'd be happy with it.

You know what almost all the new tilesets arent parkour friendly

i don't know what you're doing wrong, but i can bounce around Tilesets just fine. so what if i can't wallrun from Spawn to Extraction?

i can still get around the map okay, though SpinDashes must be used as connectors.

the Parkour features we have are in their infancy, there's certainly a lot of work to be done. the systems aren't reliable, nor are they flexible.

there's a severe lack of control with the systems we have, while we can get around it by SpinDashing and butt sliding constantly to make up for what Parkour does wrong, it doesn't change the issues with it. we shouldn't need to use both of those constantly in order to make up for the lack of flexibility and reliability in the movement systems.

but then again, i'm not sure why i'm bothering to write any of this, you're probably going to ignore every word and keep repeating unrelated things, pretending someone is trying to take away your candy.

Is it? From what I've seen, it out-jumps excal in almost every way. Hell, I'd go as far as to call it Gala-launching, because it can catapult you to a whole new world.

105% Power (Arcane Pendragon and Rank 9 Blind Rage) Super Jump < Galatine

135% Power Super Jump ( + Intensity) < Galatine.

But I think the Transient Fortitude mod would allow for you to reach the galatine's level. Though, it would kill radial blind to about 8 or so seconds and if you want to actually use Super Jump often, you'll need Power efficiency Mods, effectively making Slash Dash a standstill move and Radial Blind a complete waste of energy.

Watched some of your videos. You're pretty good. Though, a lot of those jumps are limited to a select few choice of weapons and some even a select few choice of frames.

E.G Volt, Excalibur.

It can't be said that one could just as easily sprint or slide instead of coptor if by "just as easily" it is meant that all three forms of movement are equally effective, because they are not.

Does anyone want to to claim that parkour, sprinting, sliding, and coptoring should be equally effective?

How about we all get back on topic here. Coptering and air melee isn't ruining parkour, poor map design and clunky movement is ruining it.

+10000000000000..............

Edited by ThePresident777

Watched some of your videos. You're pretty good. Though, a lot of those jumps are limited to a select few choice of weapons and some even a select few choice of frames.

E.G Volt, Excalibur.

Linking multiple wallruns can be done with any frame even vanilla frames without any mods, but for sure to get proper distance while coptering and wall attacking you will need a quick melee weapon. But now with the new air attacks every weapon can have some sort of distance but I haven't done a video with air melee yet.

It would be great to see all of these ideas implemented. I'm guilty of abusing momentum gain from sliding, wall jump catapults, ridiculous copters, and now extremely useful directional melee attacks for reaching high places.

While I have learned to perform all these very well and have very good control of them, even when it gets the job done, it just doesn't feel right.

That doesn't mean these mechanics should be trashed but rather, they should be reworked, along with the addition of new movements and making current evasions and general parkour more viable.

I absolutely loved the idea of team maneuvers, and I'd love to perform them often with fellow tenno. After all, this is supposed to be a team game right?

we're not talking about the Mod, right?

because Handspring the Mod is extremely good, far better than any of the other Mods that affect Knockdowns :|

I usually use Constitution along with Handspring on more melee focused builds, like my Oberon. Getting knocked down is barely an annoyance at this point.

we're not talking about the Mod, right?

because Handspring the Mod is extremely good, far better than any of the other Mods that affect Knockdowns :|

Nope, not the mod. The move you do when you +aim+go backwards+"roll".

I even forgot about this mod existence....

Nope, not the mod. The move you do when you +aim+go backwards+"roll".

I even forgot about this mod existence....

Speaking of the handspring, wasn't there a community hot topic where 90% voted for it to be a mechanic? I know the CHTs don't guarantee something happening but come on.

Speaking of the handspring, wasn't there a community hot topic where 90% voted for it to be a mechanic? I know the CHTs don't guarantee something happening but come on.

Yup, it went in the lake of forgotten memories or something. :/

I'll never spend  frame slot with this mod, you can count on that!...