Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Community Is Getting Killed.

IFireAce

Can somebody post something controversial here so we can have more forum fights and debate? Man i miss those times when this thread is real "HOT".

Anyone? Please?

i am just going to say that you are an A****** who only wants people to fight. go find onther threat and don't force people fight

Edited by IFireAce

Can somebody post something controversial here so we can have more forum fights and debate? Man i miss those times when this thread is real "HOT".

Anyone? Please?

If you want a forum fight, check out Planetside 2. You can usually find two or twelve on page 1 of any particular thread (Unless it's on the Enforcer Modified). If you want a debate, just wait.

Edited by Sidathe

Spread is actually amazing for highly explosive weapons. 

Recoil means how hard the gun bites back when you fire it so it had absolutely nothing to do with it. You will lose accuracy if you fire very quickly without controlling the recoil correctly, meaning it would walk up and you'd have to move the cross hair back down etc. 

I'd recommend getting recoil reduction for high accuracy weapons but not some that are 100%, as they'd have no base recoil, so it would be wasting a slot. 

Also, if you don't like mods, either a) toss them in the trash, b) sell them OR c) wait til Warframe comes to PS4 and there will be a trading system (I've heard and I hope) where you could possibly trade a rare mod for a potato, which you can slap on your sentinel and you'll be able to add more mods, allowing you to level it up quicker and help tons more as a passive turret.

If you want to challenge yourself, do some nightmare high level missions, try to solo at the void. If you can last, you'll know that it wasn't a cakewalk, if you don't last, well, it speaks for itself.

if this game turns out anywhere close to firefall or tribes ascend there will be dozens of crucified people hanging  on chains made from their intestines over the great beaver dam in Canada and me poking little holes  in their bodies with a rusted needle until the very essence of this vile unholy thought disappears with the very notion of those 2 things.

It would be a much better game.  Sorry.

Okay if you like what i say continue reading . if you don't , then don't reply with a disapointing or insulting reply to me

also sorry for my bad english

Was leery coming into this thread, but with the way the community is, I thought I would give it a read. Quoting this because this is similar to saying, "I dislike almost every aspect of warframe and I am here to complain. Please only post here if you dislike everything like me."

First off, the title of your thread HAS NOTHING to do with your post. You're talking about levels, changes, and things that are still under development. When I saw "Community is getting killed" I thought you were going to actually be talking about the community.  Getting killed? As in the amount of smart and intelligent people of the community? The players that actually ask legitimate questions that effect game play at the live stream like, "Will there be a counterpart mod for Accuracy?". Instead, we have ignorant people spamming ridiculous questions like, "What happened to the 4th Syandana?" or "Can we implement hover boards?". That isn't even mentioning the 85% of people spamming "Give me plat", as if it was the only reason they were there. We have 1 HOUR every 2 weeks to ask questions on GAME BREAKING ISSUES and all you people really care about is a Syandana, Hover Boards, and Platinum?

Yes, the community is getting killed, by illiterate children that only want, want, want. "I want XP faster", "I want weapon/warframe slots because I cant bear to pay $5 to a company that I have given plenty of hours of my time to", "I want every level and every enemy to be different", "I want hover boards", "I want the items I craft instantly". IT IS ALMOST SICKENING. If the title to your thread applied to yourself (as in you leaving the game), I'd be extremely happy. One less person crying about cosmetics and unneeded garbage; giving players with much more valuable issues a chance to be seen.

Edited by TheSphynx

for about 1 months until that "hey its new" coat wares off and then it will drop like a rock into a bottomless pit of uselessness , power creep , pay 2 win and &*$$phobia.

Firefall has about a tenth of the power creep that this game has. That game is all about sidegrading, and a frame maxed out with L4 gear might only do double the damage and have double the HP of a newbie frame. PvE is still the focus of the game, and in PvP arena matches everyone is knocked down to stock gear. So that's that.

But when DE just doubles HP and quadruples the damage output of any weapon and makes M Prime spammable for 25 energy, it's not considered "power creep."

Whatever, bro. Sadly I don't live in this warped alternate reality constructed by DE fanboys, so I can't even begin to put myself in your shoes.

Edited by niekaa

Firefall has about a tenth of the power creep that this game has. That game is all about sidegrading, and a frame maxed out with L4 gear might only do double the damage and have double the HP of a newbie frame. PvE is still the focus of the game, and in PvP arena matches everyone is knocked down to stock gear. So that's that.

But when DE just doubles HP and quadruples the damage output of any weapon and makes M Prime spammable for 25 energy, it's not considered "power creep."

Whatever, bro. Sadly I don't live in this warped alternate reality constructed by DE fanboys, so I can't even begin to put myself in your shoes.

Firefall is such an awesome game that you would rather spend your time trolling Warframe forums rather than playing Firefall? Gotcha.

if this game turns out anywhere close to firefall or tribes ascend there will be dozens of crucified people hanging  on chains made from their intestines over the great beaver dam in Canada and me poking little holes  in their bodies with a rusted needle until the very essence of this vile unholy thought disappears with the very notion of those 2 things.

Hey there! I reported your post the the moderators. I don't think death threats against the developers are very cool! Wowzers!

Also this is a really bad thread. Hooboy!

Edited by Charismo

Seems that if he tries to do so in FireFall community, he will be banned immediately. So he came here.

If the firefall complainers came here and had to deal with this glorified slot machine of a game, they'd all suicide out of depression.

^ This Guy.

Thank you.

Every day this thing comes up and this is practically the reason I have found them to be complaining under. 

If you want a game that gives tasteless, pointless and mediocre 'insta-upgrades' to all of their players for a few clicks of a button and clacks of a gun, then there are plenty of larger corporations spewing out and endless spree of skill-less, watery 'Triple A' titles that will take your money in a heartbeat (and then get you to pay to for better essentials that they could release for free).

By all means, let them rant and cry and leave. They will be missed by none of us. We'll sit smug when they've put a controller through their screen when they are killed by a guy sitting in a corner with a meta gun for the Nth time in a 'professional' and 'mature' gaming experience. ^_^

Edited by Phantom_Jack

+1

----------------------------------

The game needs more Maps

... is getting pointless... reapeat the same missions over and over again is boring

BUT REPEAT A PVP MAP OVER AND OVER GAME IS NOT (yes i want pvp)

And that is prooved in all the games with pvp

This game have already better look and gameplay than other pvp-3erd person games like Microvolts or S4league

They just need to thing what to do with the conclave

Use some existing maps and code the pvp part... everything else is already maded, dont know why they dont want to improve pvp .__.

I been dreaming with a Team Death Match... Everywarframe with weapons no-moded and only 1 ability (the pvp ability, they could use already mods abilities and nerf or improve to balance the pvp game)... like an extension of the game... if they think they wont get money from this they could make a "5 games per day system" or something.... then they could sell "extra coins" or "unlimited coins pack"

Edited by SnPlasmic

The thing is that when you say that Warframe is ok because in PvP games people play the same maps over and over again, you forget something in creadibly important. 

In PvP knowledge of the map is a major advantage, using the terrain to put yourself in the right situation to maximize your advantage over your opponent. Map specific knowledge is a big part of being a high-caliber PvP player. 

In PvE the environment doesn't matter in the slightest. Since there are many many times your numbers in bad guys and they have no interest in self preservation even if you were on pre-defined maps you would be unable to use tactics light denying movement or sight lines because you don't 'win' the same way as you do in PvP. 

Limited maps and those maps being a known quantity are essentially what makes PvP a game of skill for good players. It doesn't matter which game we're talking about, movement around the map and access to certain resources (weapon spawn points, objectives that score you points etc) is what the game becomes about at the highest levels. 

Warframes badly needs more maps not because of direct gameplay reasons, but simple to make old content feel like new. I went to Phobos the first time and I was genuinely really happy to see a unique location with its own quirks and even it's own enemies. After weeks of farming the exact same few places over and over, just that change made it feel good. New tile sets make things feel fresh, provide more things to learn and are a much needed breath of fresh air.

Don't compare the needs of a PvE game to a PvP game when you don't understand how PvP works. And quite aside from anything else, almost all PvP shooters have more and more interesting environments than warframe. 

If the firefall complainers came here and had to deal with this glorified slot machine of a game, they'd all suicide out of depression.

Funny you say that - I'm still here. I was extremely outspoken about Red5's incredibly stupid reasoning as to why the item degrade would be good for the game.

Traded one game with problems for another game with problems. No biggie. 

Funny thing is - Warframe is still moving forward bit by bit. It is my understanding that Red5 recently reached a point where they are just lopping parts off their game.

How are you enjoying that Firefall PvP? What? You aren't!?! They axed it because it was stone dead?

Unfortunate. Truly. I'm sure nobody saw that coming.

Anyway - that nonsense out of the way - this is the Warframe General Discussion forum - not the place where we argue about which community looks better. At the end of the day that couldn't be any less important.

They've stated several times that the game is no where NEAR being completed. Until the game is released, just give them some goddamn time. They're working on it. Sure, throw ideas around, give them some constructive criticism, but the game, and its community isn't getting "killed". It's being developed. Things are just getting started. Give it time.

Funny you say that - I'm still here. I was extremely outspoken about Red5's incredibly stupid reasoning as to why the item degrade would be good for the game.

That was my barrier to entry for quite some time due to certain scaremongers.  And then I realized how stupid all the *@##$ing is.  FF punishes you for being a no-skill derp by taking 100 pts off your gear (out of a total durability pool of 6200+) whenever you die.  I went thumping for a few hours today, collected something like 6000 blue materials, way more than enough to remake all my gear, and lost something like 125 durability for dying once plus normal wear and tear.  If you're dying constantly and wearing out your gear faster than you can make it, you're doing something wrong.

Say what you will.  At least they aren't charging real money for revives.

Edited by niekaa

That was my barrier to entry for quite some time due to certain scaremongers.  And then I realized how stupid all the *@##$ing is.  FF punishes you for being a no-skill derp by taking 100 pts off your gear (out of a total durability pool of 6200+) whenever you die.  I went thumping for a few hours today, collected something like 6000 blue materials, way more than enough to remake all my gear, and lost something like 125 durability for dying once plus normal wear and tear.  If you're dying constantly and wearing out your gear faster than you can make it, you're doing something wrong.

Say what you will.  At least they aren't charging real money for revives.

I couldn't honestly pretend I know about the state of the degrade system after all this time. I stopped watching, I wont pretend to have predicted the unpredictable. Anyway - keep this much in mind - I took my leave of that community because I felt like Red5 reached a stage where they split off from the game I wanted to play.

Behind all the drama and jokes and jabs that is the truth of it. I had a specific thing that kept me hoping. Kept me around. We reached a point where interests seem to split. I left, both disheartened and utterly burnt out on their game.

Also, in my time here as a member of this community I have seen a constant stream of parallels in the two communities where either would have reacted nearly identically to a certain choice or situation. The two games are - for the most part - inhabited by much the same kind of people. The difference seems mostly to come down to personal taste.

But really - since I'd much prefer to allow this conversation to keep going without my having to do anything janitorial - it'd be nice for it to get more back on topic.

Also, in my time here as a member of this community I have seen a constant stream of parallels in the two communities where either would have reacted nearly identically to a certain choice or situation. The two games are - for the most part - inhabited by much the same kind of people. The difference seems mostly to come down to personal taste.

I can believe this. Almost as many of my friends who play the same type of games as me recommended Firefall as recommended Warframe. The only reason I've never touched Firefall is that the art style makes me throw up a little bit every time I see it. Threads like this always get me back to looking at their webpage again, but as soon as I see an actual screen shot showing the characters I'm right out of there again. Everything I've read about the game seems pretty nice though.

Edited by RedDirtTrooper

I can believe this. Almost as many of my friends who play the same type of games as me recommended Firefall as recommended Warframe. The only reason I've never touched Firefall is that the art style makes me throw up a little bit every time I see it. Threads like this always get me back to looking at their webpage again, but as soon as I see an actual screen shot showing the characters I'm right out of there again. Everything I've read about the game seems pretty nice though.

Eh. Firefall has a decently pretty world, at least. Warframe does too, in a very different sense.

And hell - you know how many people like to say "What other game lets me be a supersuit wearing space ninja?" when talking about Warframe?

Well. "What other game lets me be a tan skinned fit chick wearing rocketboots sporting a plasma cannon, all while wearing daisy dukes?"

Hehe. Not nearly enough, my friend.

Just like there aren't enough games letting people play Alligators.

IFireAce, on 14 Oct 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

i am not avoiding . i see that alot of people disagree to make the game better for people who didn't buy platinum or people who got bored from the every thing in the game so i don't have to comment any more 

tbh. i think alot of your points are valid feedback, and to me it seems like its most of the fanboi's that have replied to your post IFireAce, but i can tell you that im pretty sure alot of players have felt your frustration, with the constant lack of exciting content and systems to deal with people WHO ruin gameplay for others... and OMG do i need to mention the HEAVY/$&*&*#(%& GrindOmatic/RNG gameplay. with no ways of Trading with each other to actually get the mods / parts you need for your frames/weapons/whatever. I do feel sorry for you as you just try to voice your thoughts and give valid feedback.

tbh. Last livestream they onld had 5,5k viewers and that was with all the "famous" devs, they have topped at around 9,3k viewers but it sure gives an idea that most people are getting feed up with their bad excuse for not giving more content less weapons/frames. why add more when most people cannot have all the frames anyway, unless they use Money on the game.

so in all/all nobody has to be a genious to see that out from this the hype is Falling on Warframe. Sadly as i loved most of what they are doing!. But its going the wrong way. Maybe the Console release will help em for a couple of months but thats it.

to IFireIce you are not alone with your thoughts ;)

reply to what i write thats fine but i wont see it so its pointless :)

GL with the heavy grind/rng all WHO does not see the OP's points!.

Didn't bother reading most of these posts however,

OP, this is a F2P game, and that means the company runs on our support, if you were running a gaming company with limited  Staff (which means content/fixes/ect will take longer than other games with more manpower), you would probably add lots of "Items" or content that would cost real currency (if you were competent) to support those said Staff while (Hopefully) pleasing the community.

And as many of us know, DE can't please everyone so OP, it comes down to this: The world doesn't revolve around you and what you want, try to put yourself in DE's shoes.

The Craft time has there reason its ok to say hey your not sunign plat you need to wait for your frame to enjoy it better as hey you dont got plat naah your dont need that frame for free anyway

so if you think everything is the same you never played really the whole universe there differences your complaining like it dont goes fast enjoy to lvl up and get weapons >.> i think its allready fast and yea sentinels take there time thats ok it is and stay a pet who lvls slower

And about new conntent you forget 1 really big thing this game is complelty new style not like most f2p thats copy and paste with some graphic and name changes

they need to stile it up and try to ame it valid to the game and in ages never saw a nice develope like here if the community die it isnt the fault of DE its cause last year the mmo f2p community get more ingorrant stupid lazy and ego trolling 

f2p or every mmo base on teamplay communication and a bit of free mind O.o

but it get lost all wanna eb the best and accept all kinds of dead bodys on the way if its player or even a whole game 

and thats sad

Edited by HackShield

Firefall ..... i played that for a while buddy no need to recite what it has going for it.

"side grading" is just not a thing. purple-ing any gear will give you a straight upgrade by x1.5 or x2 in all its stats.

every 2 levels gear is extremely better even more so with purple rarity.

a noobie with stock gear cant even compare to  any one that has lvl4 stock gear and even less to a purple rarity one.

PvE while supposedly the focus , has not changed or evolved in any significant way in  2 years! PvP was always incredibly lame and they just CUT IT OUT COMPLETELY?! its been in development for 5 years! in beta for who knows how long.

its a mess of a game and its not going anywhere.

No one ever claimed power creep plays no role in this game , there's a ton of power creep but DE at least knows this exists and has it on their table, core things  is top priority right now.

you live in your own little world where nothing happens like it should apparently.

Hey there! I reported your post the the moderators. I don't think death threats against the developers are very cool! Wowzers!

Also this is a really bad thread. Hooboy!

Yeah , sure , i "threatened"  "them" .

i did not list a single name of a person or place of work.

i used extreme examples of violence clearly not attainable to any regular person through regular means.  

i used made up places and things like Crucifixion to enhance that.

to spell it out more , ITS A JOKE.

dark humor and all.

clearly states i think its a bad decision if this becomes anything like those 2 games.

Edited by TisEric