Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Community Is Getting Killed.

IFireAce

please stop saying about me spending cash in online games. I CANT i said it before I CANT there is a reason that i dont want to discuss so i am not going to say it.  dont keep telling me 

if you wont buy just leave or

if you dont want to spend money dont play online games

if i can buy platinum , spend money in online games i would but i cant there is a reason that i cant buy any thing online ! any thing!

My opinion on whats ruining the Warframe community:

- The massive marketing for Warframe EVERYWHERE leads to all the braindead 9 year old CoD veterans kids come here.

- The door warriors

- The cheaters/exploiters *cough* EGT *cough* 

- The massive issue with hosts that live in caves and still gets chosen out of the 3 others in the party whos got 100 times better internet connection.

please stop saying about me spending cash in online games. I CANT i said it before I CANT there is a reason that i dont want to discuss so i am not going to say it.  dont keep telling me 

if you wont buy just leave or

if you dont want to spend money dont play online games

if i can buy platinum , spend money in online games i would but i cant there is a reason that i cant buy any thing online ! any thing!

They don't seem to understand that any good F2P game needs a large number of free players to keep the community healthy and growing. People who join the game and see it isn't terribly fun without dropping money are not going to hang around in a lot of cases.

You have to convince people that the game is worth their money, not frustrate them into paying you.

They don't seem to understand that any good F2P game needs a large number of free players to keep the community healthy and growing. People who join the game and see it isn't terribly fun without dropping money are not going to hang around in a lot of cases.

You have to convince people that the game is worth their money, not frustrate them into paying you.

i know that any game need tons of money , but we are now talking about the game contanent not the game market

I picked this game up a few days ago (Friday maybe?) because someone mentioned it in my guild in another game.  Since I'm new, I would like to think that I'm fairly unbiased.  I have heard of this game before, but most of it was bad.  I'm giving it a shot and tbh it seems like open beta is somewhat reasonable for the state of the game.  I rarely have any connection issues on any online games, MMO or otherwise...however I get desynched or w/e they call it here like every other mission...and it's extremely frustrating.  Spending 20 minutes on survival with absolutely no rewards because the migration system only works 1/8 times is more than exasperating to say the least.

As for content, I can see how limited environments gets old fast.  There should be more open world environments that make me feel like I'm on a planet instead of a spaceship.  You can add whatever objects/structures needed to maintain the 'ninja' feel, but I'm already starting to feel claustrophobic.  The progression taking forever is a bit annoying-but I've played Korean MMORPGs like Rappelz, 2 Moons, and Lineage...so I can deal with that.  What miffs me is that it seems like endgame is gated through these key things or whatever they're called and that just sounds like a very painful way to extend content.  Marvel Heroes (another mmoish "F"2P game that recently launched) actually had a similar thing where you could buy cosmic keys to access high end content or they might drop eventually.  That idea was scrapped because it encouraged pay to PLAY.  Regrinding old areas just for the chance to get to new areas is beyond tedious and should be done away with or kept to an absolute minimum.

As for gameplay, I like the frames and mods and gear.  The whole ninja thing is really cool since it reminds me of Unreal Tournament gameplay-which I really enjoyed btw.  I think that this game would do well to have more variety in builds.  I hear that "caster" builds on frames like ember and frost peter out endgame...why?  I think caster builds would be wonderful to have and I was actually surprised that there were no mods that grant active abilities.  Melee and ranged are getting more distinction from what I can tell and that's good.  What would be better is allowing your frame to focus more on one or the other through some sort of alternate customization (I think talent trees off the top of my head, but there are a ton of options for this).

Itemization seems fairly decent, though I have one quam that I am having a hard time coming to terms with.  This "gorgon" weapon is EXP locked-including the blueprints.  I can't buy it, but it seems pretty good.  I didn't even know there was a referral program until today, so I missed out on the exp bonus thingy it gives and there is literally no way to be rank 3 by the time it goes away.  So I get hosed because I didn't join earlier and now people have very functional weapons that I can never access?  THIS is a great way to kick new players in the face and turn them off to the game.  I get punished for joining now instead of earlier?  Most games REWARD newer players to encourage them joining.  I am having a hard time coming to terms with the logic on this one, but maybe there are elements that I am unaware of.  If there are, however, I doubt most people will bother finding out and just throw in the towel if it's a big enough issue.  Aesthetics are one thing, but when it's like-hey..where did you get that great weapon you're mowing down people with?  Oh, sorry-it's out of print..sux to be you.  Yeah, that's a gigantic turnoff-moreso than a 500 pound man in summer heat.

Monies.  When I looked at the prices and did the math on what they charge, I literally burst into laughter.  Return on investment (ROI) is completely abysmal.  It wasn't until I saw that they had random daily coupons of up to 75% off and redid the math that I could see this as legitimate.  In fact, having people limited like that actually encourages impulse buying so long as there is a happy medium (i.e. you get 75% off a 2-3 times a month at least).  The warframe slots I totally get-that makes sense.  Weapon slots..not so much.  I would think that having a ton of weapons would get you wanting to try them out on warframes more suited to using them.  Were it me, I would give free weapon slots and up the cost of warframe slots.  The color pallette thing was ridiculous too until I realized that I could get them for relatively cheap...eventually.

I want to like this game and I'm trying to, but I think that they seriously need to work on reconnection once you've d/c'd as top priority then get to work on things that draw in more players (like progressive newbie rewards).  They need some more diversity (casters should be viable and they need new maps/tilesets even if the gameplay is identical) and balancing is an ongoing thing.  The wiki and some of the stickied posts were cool, but there is so much information to absorb and so little direction in this game that it doesn't seem very casual-friendly.  It reminds me of D&D games like Baldur's Gate where you look through the dictionary-sized manual to see which of the 300+ spells would be good against XYZ-type enemies.  I enjoy it, but aside from my limited playtime (job) I consider myself more on the hardcore side.

There's my 2 cents on this issue and yes, I know I'm verbose...sorry.

so what's the point of getting every frame and weapon and then delete them after it took you 4-6 days of collecting and building them . and 1-5 days of leveling them up ? just throw them and delete them like that? so if you dont want to throw away your effort you have to get slots for them and if you want slots you have to get cash and buy platinum and this is not my proplem about cash i am talking upthere about the slow updates . repeating same mission 50 times . booring , useless updates . bad connection player hosting . community is getting killed

getting catalyst, reactor . if there is an alternate way instead of buying them or getting them from alerts then cool . but guess what i play this game from afew monthes and for now i saw 2 orakin catalyst alerts , 1 orakin reactor alert nothing more

lets consider that a paywall which is bad but with all the deals and free plat they give away it's not so bad shoot even alienware gave out free plat 

On the topic of DE making us pay for slots to keep our things..

I can say that MwO and Dragon's Prophet both force players to pay for item storage beyond a certain free level. It's a surefire way to squeeze cash out of everyone.

Is it fair, or even fun, I decline to comment.

As for what Ced23ric said about DE not fulfilling their promises and the Orokin Derelict, when I inspect it more closely, it would have been nicer for it to replace Raid missions entirely, switching up tilesets during progression and rewarding us with guaranteed regular rarer mods as we go along.

Of course, they could then have separate, new orokin derelicts which required keys to get to.

That would be where the current derelict mods are, and have super high level enemies.

The way the whole derelict thing comes off now is a cheap way to increase grind and hours played. Especially since the mods are only given once per mission and need void keys to acquire.

That system is flawed at it's core.

this is certainly true. however, many Tenno may not find it very apparent or a big issue unless they are a completionist. not being one myself, honestly, i don't fret that much about buying more slots to store the rather small amount of equipment that i actually keep around. 

that doesn't make it not an issue, but it does, make it one that won't turn up as much. 

but, still certainly true.

I want to like this game and I'm trying to, but I think that they seriously need to work on reconnection once you've d/c'd as top priority

i feel a big factor in this is that if you lose connection to the host, or everyone in a match does, someone must start hosting - and i wouldn't be surprised if the system had trouble starting to host most of the time due to just arbitrarily starting a match with enemies, bullets, and many other runtime things already going, rather than a fresh match. 

and if there's a timeout on that process, oh boy. 

though, i've found little to no match drops generally, happening inoften enough for me (a couple times a week or so), to just pass it off as someone crashing or closing the match because they don't like you. 

OP talks as if the games not beta?

plenty of stuff to change/add-in etc before beta ends, THEN people can worry about whatever they like.

That is a vague and horrible excuse. Saying "It is beta, which means they'll might fix it later." doesn't make anyone feel better about anything at this stage.

Not only that, but it's at exactly this stage whilst their playerbase is so small (read: crucial) that these sorts of conversations should be had. It's not good getting to "OH YEAH! WE HAVE IT FINISHED NOW!" When there are 3 people total playing the game.

Although, I apologize. That's also a silly reason. There wouldn't be a game with only 3 people playing it together.

You shouldn't complain about the corrupted mods if you never use them. I use a few of them(Fleeting Expertise, Overextended, Heavy Caliber, Vicious Spread) and would use more if I haven't a lack of Reactors, Catalysts, and Credits to rank them.

I think the craft time for a warframe is pretty fair. DE needs to make money to keep the game going, and almost every warframe will provide you with fun and viable gameplay depending on your playstyle.

If there are any issues, imo, it would be the numerous bugs(U.I., in-game bugs, etc.), the drop table, and a general issue with gameplay mechanics(hopefully worked on in armor 2.0 and released soon). There have always been a couple issues with the drops since closed beta(a missing warframe part from the table, mods dropping in a badly designed way(abilities mods I'm talking about you), and now supposedly missing prime parts.

okay why WarFrame is getting killed.

. . .

i am pretty sure that the devolopers know that warframe player base is getting lower every day not increasing and thats why.

DE Megan is the root of this, and mostly every average poster has a warning point or 2 at this rate.

I like saying completely random, unsubstantiated things too.

I have to disagree on pretty much every point, except its a bit repetitive.

For me leveling a warframe from lvl 1 to 30 takes 3 days, or atleast it did with the last frame in a weekend (Rhino).

However what i would fix is the drop rates of some mods, especially the common mods.

Br. Daddyman

well, to be fair any game gets repetitive at a point. pumping out  new content at such a fast rate would more likely result in low quality of that content.
to me the way the game is setup is the problem, and by this i mean that the game gives you so many objectives leveling up all the weapons and frames to get mastery points (wich is an awesome idea),but then they limit your inventory space so bad that it forces you to spend real money to unlock .
dont get me wrong, as a free game its obvious there must be some financial return, but locking something as simple as inventory space..cmon, everytime i level a weapon if i want to level up another i have to delete my existing weapon. the same goes for frame slots i spend 12 hours build time on each part of a frame then 3 days(ridiculous) waiting for it to build just to level it up and delete it to make room for another .. so forget a bout having a favorite frame to play(wich to me sounds like the only reason to play this game, everyone identifies themseves with a diferent playstyle of frame), because you will have to delete it at some point, that of course, if you actually want to complete objectives in this game.
unfortunately i dont see myself spending money on something as simple as an item or frame slot like 27€ for a frame like really??? i feel like 10€ would be acceptable..as if having to buy colors wasnt bad enough.
i feel demotivated and will eventually stop playing the game if in the future this doesnt change

PS: frame skins would be a much better way to make money. instead of imposing the obvious hidden truth about this game, that this is a "not so free to play game" after all.

thank you for your time

actually if this game was not co-op . and if it was open world fighting hack , slash mmorpg shooter like firefall or tribes ascend it would be much better and much funnier to play

If this game was not co-op, I would not be playing it.  The fact that players cannot kill each other in pointless competition is why I keep on playing.

Everyone stop making blanket statements like your opinion matches with everyone else in the world, because guess what, it doesn't.  That does not mean your opinion is not important, but it is one opinion of many.  Is it shared by some, this is likely, is it shared by all, definitely not.

Is the community dying?  We don't have enough information for that.  We don't even know how many people play Warframe outside of steam.  Is the game repetitive?  If it is, so what?  Pac Man is repetitive.  Left for Dead is repetitive.  Every single multiplayer wargame is repetitive. 

If they want to make the game less repetitive, they wouldn't have to do much, have temporary enemy types that last a week rotating out things, add a few rooms, makes rooms more dynamic than simply having one or two exits, or have the rooms piece together instead of having one room shape.  I don't know how much of any of this is really possible because I don't know how many people they have devoted to this or what sort of scheduling or plans they have with the future of this.

I don't even know where I'm going with this then, I'll get back to the OPs points

1) Is the game repetitive, yes.  Could it be fixed, to some degree, but some of it is gameplay.  I don't see anyone complaining about Diablo 3 being repetitive, but that may be due to it being a slower game in comparison to warframe.

2) Crafting time;  If you're impatient you pay, otherwise you wait.  I'm fine with waiting, but I'm a patient person.  You don't want to spend money and don't want to wait, well, what can I say.

3) Ex time... I don't care about the sentinal level, so whatever on that.  How long does it take to level a warframe.... you're compaining about leveling a warframe taking weeks; when in any other game, leveling up a character takes months?!?   You can go though the first 10 levels in a few stages on earth if you know what you're doing.  11-20 same thing on higher planets.  21-30 takes a while, but the frame is already effective enough for what I need it to do by then.  But hen, I guess I'm not running Pluto constantly, I'm having fun with it.

I'm not sure increasing drop rate will help, once you have all the items, would you keep playing?  Are you playing just to collect all the mods, or other reasons?  I personally think the game needs to be fun first, before working about drop tables, but I think it would be better if the drops were a little more transparent, like showing a big wheel, seeing where it lands, so you can clearly see, what are your odds to get item X, and if you're willing to play to spin that wheel again to get that item.  If there is one thing I would want to help with frustration factor, it would be transparency of what your chances are, visually on the screen, so people can stop complaining about it.