Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Getting caught by Zanuka hunter should be a scripted event

DaMasque

How many of you actually did the "escape from Alad V's lab" event when you got caught by Zanuka Hunter?

How many of you even knew there was a event after losing to Zanuka Hunter?

What I propose is that once you do the first mission in Jupiter, you get a scripted event where Zanuka Hunter captures you.

Its a great way of introducing you to Alad V and his schemes and showing off a mission type that is almost never touched.

Here's a video by OrginalWickedFun:

Spoiler

• Like 4

This would fail for the same reason Liches no longer kill you on a guess: players don't like being forced into a fail-state. It's OK if you wind up in one due to your own stupidity or lack of foresight, but the game forcing a fail-state onto you, that you have no way of avoiding, is not good game design.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

This would fail for the same reason Liches no longer kill you on a guess: players don't like being forced into a fail-state. It's OK if you wind up in one due to your own stupidity or lack of foresight, but the game forcing a fail-state onto you, that you have no way of avoiding, is not good game design.

Of course I understand this.

The mission doesn't even have to be that hard, just adjust accordingly. Heck some immersion as a actually ninja sneaking around would be kinda fun.

Interesting. I did know about it, never got caught by it. Kind of a shame, since I like to experience everything in the game. But not unless Zanuka actually defeats me, which may be a bit difficult since every time it shows up I just have to stare in its general direction in order to insta-kill it.

Either a scripted event takes me there (you could even have an invincible one shot zanuka face the players, by me) or else Zanuka will have to git gud.

While at it have the G3 take us to the Saturn 6 prison and make it an escape from there. If the Wolf did it, so can I.

• Like 2

idunno, forcing everything(content/experiences) down the Players' throat makes for a game without any mystery or surprise.

having something special for dying to this Assassin is cool. it's okay for <100% of Players to see a piece of content, infact, it may even be preferred psychologically - if you know that everything you do in a game is a carbon copy of what everyone else sees, you're just going through the motions rather than making decisions (or atleast feeling like you are) and 'blazing your own trail', so to speak.

if you think encountering this uh, 'secret' is too rare, the Assassin could be made stronger(not JUST Damage, but actually harder to defeat), which it probably should be anyways.

Edited by taiiat

I've seen a player captured once. Can't remember by what, but it yoinked them out of the mission. There was some forcefield net around the downed player. It was an interesting experience.

I think I can count Zanuka's appearances on one hand, too. I have over 2000h of game time. If it did spawn more, nobody even noticed it. I don't mind it spawning or not spawning, but it really has no impact. When it does spawn, its strength should scale with your frame's + your strongest weapon's Formas and Potatoes.

In the OP's video, I didn't get a feeling like it's an important mission. Especially not "Lose-your-frame-if-you-fail" important. That info should be mouth-fed to the player a few times or there should be a permanent message saying that on the screen. Otherwise, a player might just abort it to continue farming Hydron or whatever. An occasional mission containing some risk would be welcome.

The only times I felt endangered in this game are the first 2 times a Stalker appeared and the first time I used 5 ("You're at your most powerful, but also at your most vulnerable"). Oh! And the early Arbitrations when there were no revives and no shield-gating. Other than that, Warframe feels like some mobile clicker game in that aspect. I really do hope when they add higher difficulty modes, it adds some risk again.

15 minutes ago, Uthael said:

The net thing was probably from G3, when you're down they drop a net on you and you can't attack, your timer is always stalled. I had a "left for dead" moment back in the days.

Risk factor isn't really my aim, more in the "immersive humbling."

"What and why is this weird robot thing attacking me?"

"Who is this 'Alad V' and what is he doing with other warframes?"

Entering Jupiter or any planet, there isn't any lore or back story. Just finish node, go do boss, sometimes you get quest. No real reason to hate or villainize the characters other than he/she is a boss you just kill.

Doing further quests and actually paying attention to the dialogue, the story is then confusing. 

Some may argue that if I wanted more lore or story, just read it online. I find that to be disrespectful to the time and effort DE put in. Speaking off story... they really need to fix things up, but that's for another time.

And of course if no one really gives a damn, (story, lore, personal experiences, the "i member" moments) Warframe is then just a brain dead horde shooter.