Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Public railjack crew shouldn't be able to use the nav or helm

FlyerXL

Recruiting chat isn't a solution at all here since it doesn't solve the issue, crew shouldn't be able to take control of the ship or chose the destination, when you do carpooling and go to the gas station, you don't expect one of your passenger to take the driver sit while you refill your car and chose another road because they think it's better this way. It's common sense and some people are kind of lacking on that side.

Then again it happen to me only a couple of time since railjack release and it has always been annoying to different degree.. And frankly i don't want to engage in a conversation with someone who didn't even have the courtesy to ask before taking the "helm" although the only reason i leave it is because he didn't do his job properly in the first place (extinguish fire/repearing breach etc ...)

• Like 5

I think nav should be put up to vote similar to endless missions. You can either go with them, or leave.

"X player has requested to travel to Y location. Permit?" what host sees when client navs.

"X player has charted to Y location. Join them?" What client sees whenever anybody else, including the host, sets to go somewhere else. 

It shows how many players, including the host. If the host leaves and the rest stay, then it'll trigger migration, and you'll end up wherever you're going in the new host's Railjack. If you vote to leave, you wind up back in your own dojo/orbiter, as per usual.

• Like 1

The solution is smaller one man ships and space mechs...or just option setting for locking the pilot house, forge resources being blown through and avionics for the captain and give players a menu option to leave if they don't care for the heavy handiness without any consequences....

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

37 minutes ago, Syln said:

Recruiting chat isn't a solution at all here since it doesn't solve the issue

That depends on the issue.  If the issue is people who want to be able to dictate how a mission goes, then yes, that's the purpose - for people to set up missions to run the way they want them to go.  That's not what pub missions are for.  I feel like a lot of the people complaining about this type of thing are just that - people who think that since they are the host they get to dictate to everyone else what they should and should not be doing.  It's already shown up in this thread.  Those people certainly should go to recruiting.

I support the idea of having a vote as @Loza03posted (which is virtually identical to a suggestion I posted in a similar thread a couple weeks back).

I also (as stated above) think that people should report griefing if people are actually doing that (although people have to realize that someone not obeying the "captain's" "orders" doesn't necessarily equate to griefing).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

It shows how many players, including the host. If the host leaves and the rest stay, then it'll trigger migration, and you'll end up wherever you're going in the new host's Railjack. If you vote to leave, you wind up back in your own dojo/orbiter, as per usual.

That seems certain to cause issues.  Host migration doesn't tell you who it's going to migrate to ahead of time, so in the event of a hosts leaving you'd be blindly voting to go into another mission in somebody's railjack, so you might end up in player B's tricked out, fully upgraded death machine, or you might end up in player C's rowboat. 

On the main topic, whatever gets decided there needs to be an absolutely certain way for any player to leave after a mission is complete with absolute certainty they'll keep whatever they've earned.  As it stands now, leaving a railjack group after mission completion gives the same warning as leaving it before mission completion.  If you're going to limit who can control the navigation, which is probably a reasonable idea, there needs to be an out for players without the "You'll lose your stuff" warning.  Perhaps escape pods on the railjack that any player can use at any time to return to dock.