Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Catchmoon Primary

gabuchan

I knew ahead that it was the worst primary kitgun out of all the other options, but I built it anyway because Tremor + Catchmoon was the most aesthetically pleasing kitgun lmao. So yes I kept expectations low, but even then I was disappointed. The secondary Catchmoon outperforms its primary counterpart in almost every conceivable way. That just can't be right. Maybe change it so that it takes in Assault Rifle mods? Idk anything but this.

Edited by gabuchan
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, gabuchan said:

I knew ahead that it was the worst primary kitgun out of all the other options, but I built it anyway because Tremor + Catchmoon was the most aesthetically pleasing kitgun lmao. So yes I kept expectations low, but even then I was disappointed. The secondary Catchmoon outperforms its primary counterpart in almost every conceivable way. That just can't be right. Maybe change it so that it takes in Assault Rifle mods? Idk anything but this.

Ahah, was looking at a post about this. The catchmoon primary is absolute garabge, you can't buff the radius since it counts as a shotgun and there are no range mods for shotguns. if you're gonna have a very small radius projectile you need to have a much longer range, you can't have shotgun range falloff and a very small projectile radius on a shotgun, you shoule have one or the other. Honestly it makes no sense why they did this, really does feel like an oversight on their part. It's the only kitgun thats actually worse than it's secondary version, they either need to increase its projectile radius significantly or add an explosion radius mod for shotgun type weapons, maybe both. otherwise the easy soloution would be to just make this a "rifle" since it basically has the characteriscs of a short ranged one.

Edited by Sonicbullitt
  • Like 1

i built 2 catchmoon one for critic and one for status. I got the same result. I put 7 formas in each one to maximize it in total.

I did the experiment with bombards lvl 150 .... the performance is poor! I spent 5/7 reloads to only kill 1 bombard!

It is the worst primary kitgun without a doubt. I hope DE corrects that. It is an unacceptable performance!

Edited by Luciole77
  • Like 2

I watched aweblade4’s video on the Catchmoon Primary:

The radius of the shot needs to be longer or wider to compensate for that damage fall-off, regardless of the fact that it’s an automatic shotgun. Reload times also need to be adjusted on Primary kitguns, since it feels like they take almost forever to reload even with Pax Charge.

The one thing that really struck me with the Catchmoon Primary is its low overall damage. It’s almost reminiscent to Boar Prime’s damage output when fully forma’d and modded. You can’t expect to make Catchmoon Primary, an automatic single-slug projectile shottie, to perform similarly with an automatic pellet spread shottie like Boar Prime. It’s a net loss on dps for the Catchmoon Primary if this continues like this. That overall damage needs to get buffed.

• Like 2

1) The Catchmoon NEEDS more Magazine, 10+ on the small side and 30+ on the large... automatic shotguns have higher magazine capacities than semi-auto shotguns for the same reason automatic rifles have higher capacities than semi-auto rifles... without that, it feels really bad and not even like an automatic shotgun.

2) If you are going to make us use "energy slug shotgun rounds" (compared to what Pistol and Arca Plasmor are like), you need to consider ways to buff the AOE in some way beyond piercing (because there is a MOD for that!) and make the slugs "Astilla" explode for each target they pass through as a unique mechanic... a hybrid of slug and exploding shotgun shells.

What this would do would be allow you to line up down hallways for shots or cluster enemies with powers and for each enemy it goes through there would be an AOE that would help chain kills... instead of using the width of the projectile plus punch through as the Pistol variant does. (Just make sure the cone blast is big enough to matter in average hallway situations.)

For the Astilla explode... should somewhat copy the feel of the dude in  Avatar: The Last Airbender  that could shoot a Fire combustion attack from his Forehead/fire bending tattoo... the 3 loud pops and the big boom at the end, very satesfying and interesting, so use that for VFX and SFX ideas...

Edited by Alienami
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

It got buffed. Double the range, bit of extra damage and longer life span for the projectile

It did! Sadly, it's still nowhere good enough to select over the other primary kitguns. But hey at least they gave it a slight bump up, so at least we know they're looking at it.

53 минуты назад, gabuchan сказал:

It did! Sadly, it's still nowhere good enough to select over the other primary kitguns. But hey at least they gave it a slight bump up, so at least we know they're looking at it.

ye. Accuracy and recoil are still beyond useable level. At least my ruttleguts got small damage buff

• Like 1