Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave gilding discourages gilding at any other time

JeranTek

1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

That's... not a particularly good argument to make here.

"The devs have released some new stuff for us to play with, but we're actively going to avoid using it because one set of chores down the line might require part of its progression system".

"I refuse to acknowledge that I can skip a challenge or find a way to do it without stressing. I rather complain than use self control. DE appease me!"

I've completed that task when it was available and I've skipped it because I couldn't be bothered. I've had no issue hitting rank 30. Why is that such a hard mindset for some people? 

Why musy we cater to people that can't get over simple things? It's really a non-issue , but I'm sure you'll try to convince me that it's th e end of the world for most players

Anyway...DE removed it. No point in discussing it further. I have my opinion. You have yours

Edited by Hypernaut1

On 2020-06-22 at 1:26 AM, Els236 said:

or you have to spend time grinding and crafting stuff in order to complete the challenge.

Um, yes, that's what they're expecting you to do to earn the Nightwave points.  If you just happen to have one sitting around, then it's a freebie... good for you, but they're not expecting you to have it sitting around for a couple of months just in case this shows up.

The sculpture one makes a certain amount of sense for being removed in the randomish acquisition.  You can craft/gild a new item at any time you want to.

It's a waste of resources and time to get an open weapon slot, build a weapon (that very well may be something you've already mastered, and may already still possess), spend faction standing on the blueprints and the gilding (again, for a weapon it's possible for one to already have and have no desire of an alternate-stat remake of. Introduce me to the person that wants to collect every variation of every zaw.).

There is a system in place that theoretically makes building a zaw one does not intend to keep, worthwhile. It isn't worthwhile, however. So perhaps it isn't so bad, right? Well, a zaw that cost 12,000 standing to construct and another 5,000 to gild, plus at least two missions run at full efficiency and all the resources it cost to build the blueprints pays out with... 3,600 standing? Maybe if DE bumped these payouts up so that a high MR player could fill out their daily standing in cetus/fortuna by fully levelling a new modular weapon and donating it, then this nightwave challenge could stay and wouldn't suck so much. At least then levelling a new undesired zaw would be worthwhile.

This challenge is worse than the fill-statues one, because filling a statue always has the same value, and you can just sell the statue for plat if you have no need for endo. Unless you somehow did the maroo weekly and sold the statue prior to realizing the statue challenge was in place, there is always a statue available for one to go get and fill. You don't need to pay platinum for slots to hold statues in. The "gild an item" challenge is worse in just about every way. It has no value in being repeated past the point of obtaining all mastery, it does not facilitate gaining other resources, and one can potentially be locked out by the lack of an open weapon slot which costs platinum to obtain.

My recommendations? Don't remove this challenge, fix the zaw economy. Make it so the player always has one free slot in which they can hold an un-gilded modular weapon, of each weapon slot perhaps. Three phantom weapon slots that only get used if you lack a weapon slot when making a new modular weapon. Make the standing paid out by donating a rank30 zaw MORE than the amount of standing spent to create the zaw, especially considering the time put into obtaining resources and levelling the weapon.

EDIT: Just to note the Mote Amp method, that's so lame and instead of introducing the player to a system like the tweaks to modular items I describe above, it's just knowingly buying and levelling an item that is knowingly of no worth to the player.

Edited by KochDerFrettchen
  • Like 2

Citation

No, if anything it's passively - not actively doing so.  And at the end of the day you're effectively asking something in the game to be changed because of a psychological foible you have. 

But DE is using psychological foible to trick you to buy things and stay on their game. Like a lot of free to play. So, i think it's a legitimate request