Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solaris prisoners feedback.

(PSN)reddragonhrcro

As some of you may have noticed people bring up this topic and how it feels off.

From a in-universe and roleplaying point it doesn't feel right with how it's designed that in order to release them you need to to use Parvos Crowns especially with being limited to getting 1 per mission and there being 3-4 prisoners in missions. Also not to forget the new game mode and the new collectibles which require the crowns aswell.

As Tenno we are supposed to help our allies and with how this is now it just isn't right.

Which is why it would be better if the requirement to free prisoners was altered or removed and the standing gain reduced in response to it.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

As some of you may have noticed people bring up this topic and how it feels off.

From a in-universe and roleplaying point it doesn't feel right with how it's designed that in order to release them you need to to use Parvos Crowns especially with being limited to getting 1 per mission and there being 3-4 prisoners in missions. Also not to forget the new game mode and the new collectibles which require the crowns aswell.

As Tenno we are supposed to help our allies and with how this is now it just isn't right.

Which is why it would be better if the requirement to free prisoners was altered or removed and the standing gain reduced in response to it.

I 100% agree.

Or the amount of standing could stay the same, BUT!

When you find a solaris, you can interact and then in turns into mobile defense. If you fail, solaris dies (you could lose standing?).

On 2020-07-03 at 11:54 PM, Cerikus said:

I 100% agree.

Or the amount of standing could stay the same, BUT!

When you find a solaris, you can interact and then in turns into mobile defense. If you fail, solaris dies (you could lose standing?).

That surely is a good option, however don't think that loss of standing would be needed, doesn't really make much sense.

On 2020-07-03 at 5:36 PM, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

The choice between entering the void or freeing prisoners was supposed to be this "greed or good" morality conundrum and it fails horribly imo.  I can technically free 3 prisoners with 1 coin by entering the void.  I can free 1 prisoner with 1 coin outside it.  It's like Warframe's version of the trolley problem, except I'm completely desensitized to dying corpus at this point.  We have so little interaction with friendly NPC's outside of a few limited spaces, and I am limited by game mechanics on who I can save. 

I can either

A.) stress about the fictional people I can't save because the game says no, or 

B.) stop caring completely and wave goodbye to the guy strapped into the wall on my way out of the ship I just set to explode.

Considering the game refuses to let me save everyone, which means more will die than will be saved, and there is no benefit to me hunting down and saving the people I can save, I choose to break immersion and not care.  If the game had an option for me to save as many people as I could find, I would probably do it without added benefit, especially when solo.  If there was an actual benefit to it, I would save who I could afford to save.  Since neither of those options are available, I'm not going to let them pull at my heartstrings for no reason.

Gotta admit the lawful good side of me has been using the granum crowns for freeing Solaris prisoners despite needing to save them for the Protea/weapon parts farm, and I feel a tinge of guilt when I come across one with no crowns to spare lol. At least its eliciting an emotional response so from that perspective the greed vs good mechanic seems to be partially working. But yeah, it does have its drawbacks. It seems like the granum crowns are more meant to be spent on freeing prisoners only after exhausting the void farm so that they still have some use, but by the time you get to that point you'll have passed over hundreds of prisoners and become desensitized to wanting to help them. 

Perhaps a better solution would be that they can optionally be freed without a granum crown, via the regular terminal hacking minigame (or instantly with a cipher/Auto Breach), but doing so hurts the prisoner in the process. So after they're free they begrudgingly say something to the effect of "Ow that really smarts, but I guess it's better than nothing" before being warped away, giving much lower standing, like +25. That way granum crowns would lore-wise be a way of freeing them with minimal/no damage. Alternatively (Solaris United Max Rank spoilers):

Spoiler

As we know that their heads reside inside of their chests, instead of them being freed proper the warping effect could happen around the torso, leaving the body behind to go limp in the stocks (a bonus little detail could be that only for Old Mate ranked players their chest compartment opened after the warp to show it's now empty). New players would assume it's simply the Tenno uploading their consciousness, but players in the know would secretly realise it's actually their heads being warped back to Fortuna. That would be a better justification for such low standing return, since you're still freeing them but at the cost of losing their bodies.

By keeping the standing reward super low it'd discourage doing it as the primary form of farming, but still allow folks who want to help out the option to do so.

Archived