Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Free Roaming?

Sasuga

I wouldn't want to gain standing with, say, the Grineer (though others might) or Corpus... but, there are the many factions in the game, like Steel Meridian and Perrin Sequence...

I'm asking and hoping for more free roam maps, on other planets, like Mars for example.  While the Plains and Orb can be very hostile, they premise is you're defending there. Perhaps a Grineer free Roam on a planet, the premise would be much like the other missions, you're invading there.

50 minutes ago, Sasuga said:

there are the many factions in the game, like Steel Meridian and Perrin Sequence...

Use a sigil? Run a syndicate mission? DE should not consider your suggestion. If it is a planet per syndicate/faction (maybe allied syndicates?) that is a massive amount of work on something we don’t need, or (in most cases) want.

More open worlds are fine, but at least make them useful for most people. Syndicate worlds are unlikely to be useful.

Not interested in any more Free Roam / Open Worlds unless they give them dedicated servers, so that I can actually 'free' roam without the rando Host leaving and a Host Migration screwing things up.

Idea: Relays are using dedicated servers to track their instances (not linked to any single player) yet for the most part Relays aren't doing anything mission critical.

How about DE repurpose some of the server infrastructure used for Relay instancing and use them to make Open World static instances?

11 hours ago, krc473 said:

Use a sigil? Run a syndicate mission? DE should not consider your suggestion. If it is a planet per syndicate/faction (maybe allied syndicates?) that is a massive amount of work on something we don’t need, or (in most cases) want.

More open worlds are fine, but at least make them useful for most people. Syndicate worlds are unlikely to be useful.

My request is not about the Syndicates, though I recommended them. I like the open maps, and am asking for more.

Perhaps a Lua map.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Not interested in any more Free Roam / Open Worlds unless they give them dedicated servers, so that I can actually 'free' roam without the rando Host leaving and a Host Migration screwing things up.

Idea: Relays are using dedicated servers to track their instances (not linked to any single player) yet for the most part Relays aren't doing anything mission critical.

How about DE repurpose some of the server infrastructure used for Relay instancing and use them to make Open World static instances?

Yeah, I agree that the way the free roaming works with the hosting can be rather annoying. I often solo them. I'd love to see the open worlds be a revolving door, where players can enter and leave them freely, maybe even allow more than four people (though I wouldn't want as many as I sometimes see in the cities roaming about doing missions around me and such.) But, it'd be nice if people could come and go without disrupting my flow or forcing me to leave with them.

Archived