Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concentrated Arrow tweak idea.

elitharcos

I think that concentrated arrow should be kinda/partially reworked and this is the way i think it should work:

Your artemis bow gains infinite body punchthrough(not wall tho), however hitting an enemy in the head with a shot should blow the arrow and their head up with 50% extra crit chance and in a 7 meter radius. So let's say you shoot through 5 enemies with navigator(augmented) get 50% extra crit chance, then shoot the 6th enemy in the head to gain another 50% extra crit chance and the arrow will disappear with an explosion. However if you were to shoot your first enemy in the head with first one, then it would instantly just explode.

10 minutes ago, elitharcos said:

however hitting an enemy in the head with a shot should blow the arrow and their head up with 50% extra crit chance and in a 7 meter radius. 

Maybe you have worded it poorly, but you seem to be suggesting “insta-kill on headshot”. I don’t think this is a good idea, it would be massively overpowered. Reconsider your idea, and ditch the head exploding part - that makes it overpowered.

What Concentrated Arrow needs to do is actually concentrate the arrows instead of functionally being a paid 6/7ths damage nerf wherever you don't or can't trigger the headshot explosion (which has no cognitive assonance with 'concentrating arrows' at all in the first place).

That infinite unit (not terrain) punch-through should be a part of the Navigator augment's features (not just a flat additive) so you can actually use its stacked bonus more reliably - but that also requires the cost of Navigator to not grow over time (which is again a drawback for no reason, considering you're already channelling AND stationary, putting a hard limit on your duration due to lack of energy restoring while doing so)

On 2020-07-25 at 8:35 PM, krc473 said:

Maybe you have worded it poorly, but you seem to be suggesting “insta-kill on headshot”. I don’t think this is a good idea, it would be massively overpowered. Reconsider your idea, and ditch the head exploding part - that makes it overpowered.

I never mentioned insta-kill. Instantly explode is not the same. What i meant is that is it would work the same as it works now, but instead of exploding anywhere on body it would be able to use puncthrough anywhere on body except the head part, if you shoot the head then it would INSTANTLY explode. Not kill, explode. The 2 are not the same in warframe. I was thinking about that because it would make a good combination with piercing navigator as well as make her bow more useful.

5 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

You might be doing something wrong.

Yes... I wasted a Slot on an Augment that makes Artemis Bow worse.

5 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Artemis Bow (with Concentrated Arrow) works quite well for me on the Steel Path:

Ive had more Success with my Zenistar' and Navigator...

6 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

VXF43NE.png

Decaying Dragon Key ? Why ? 😮

4 hours ago, elitharcos said:

I never mentioned insta-kill. Instantly explode is not the same.

“Blow their head up” would suggest instant kill. “Explode on their head” is different and what it seems you mean. But that’s okay, you clarified it now.

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

You sound like someone who is pretending to understand something they definitely don't understand. 

Because Artemis Bow is Complicated ?

Nope... im just not as easily impressed as you are.

4 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Have a hint (this is Mot, so 300% enemy damage):

Right... because that matters when you are Invisible ?

6 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

efMXkph.png

You have WAAAAAAAAAY too much free time on your Hands, Tenno.

15 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

The opposite actually. This was the fastest way to grab all of those Steel Essences I still needed.

Fair Enough... personally Id be bored doing a single mission type for That long but Meh... too each Their own.

I got my Steel Esssence over 4 or 5 Night Cycles of Eidolon Hunts in 2 Days...

On 2020-08-03 at 6:57 PM, Traumtulpe said:

You might be doing something wrong. Artemis Bow (with Concentrated Arrow) works quite well for me on the Steel Path:

VXF43NE.png

It still is underwhelming in my opinion as well. You can just use basically anything else in the game. 150 lvl enemies is nothing. The only level 100+ enemies i use for damage testing are battalysts because they are the only one with enough hp and damage reduction to stand it and they are easy to kill as well most of the time. Concentrated arrow is fun, but not technically strong. If you can one-shot a battalyst lvl 100+ with concentrated arrow that is a clap tho.(no naramon void crouch!)

I think it would be more interesting if only headshots would remove punch through at least. It serves no combo with her own kit right now, i use navigator + other weapons or if i wanna deal with enemies higher level i just use a different frame.(A good example is that ash/banshee/nyx can all rip off enemy armor and make EVERY enemy an easy kill. if you are a mobile like me, that's enough.)

Also imagine being a bada** by using piercing navigator on 5 enemies to deliver a good big crit to the head of the last one.

"The crit chance bonus applies additively to the base before mods, giving up to a +50% flat chance to crit." /piercing navigator/ so i just imagine a 100% crit artemis bow that blows up the head of an enemy.

Archived