Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Murex Red Crystal giving off weird second dream theme? Lore implications...?

CrimsonSpawn

It's most audible around 1:13. Some kind of.... altered theme of the second dream. 

Is this aluding towards some kind of means towards reaching tenno, in the tau system? Or maybe of the corruption of the lotus, back to natah? Or perhaps never was the lotus and always natah.....

Maybe its a memory bank, since on destroying it we get the Erra quest... But still doesn't explain the altered second theme dream. I mean, if its a memory bank, then shouldn't it give off the original theme. Or maybe its insinuating that the information it gives is somewhat altered... therefore, the erra quest is somewhat altered from the truth. I mean, what kind of sentients would just leave information laying around? that tenno can easily take to their advantage... or maybe, meant to deceive us? Or maybe is just a teleportation device for sentients....

I don't know... but that altered second dream theme... its very fishy.

'This is what you are', the song commonly associated with the Second Dream has a double motif. Specifically, the early portion features a choir, and a singular lead. The song 'apostate' - the theme that plays shortly after the Lotus leaves and we hug her helmet - is composed of just the choir. That means that, likely, the choir represents the Tenno, whilst the lead represents the Lotus.

Now, it's a bit distorted, but it appears to just be the Lead, not the choir. In other words, that crystal is giving off the Lotus's motif. Considering the nature of that quest - which puts a lot of Emphasis on the Lotus - it makes sense that's what's coming out of the Crystal. 

6 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

'This is what you are', the song commonly associated with the Second Dream has a double motif. Specifically, the early portion features a choir, and a singular lead. The song 'apostate' - the theme that plays shortly after the Lotus leaves and we hug her helmet - is composed of just the choir. That means that, likely, the choir represents the Tenno, whilst the lead represents the Lotus.

Now, it's a bit distorted, but it appears to just be the Lead, not the choir. In other words, that crystal is giving off the Lotus's motif. Considering the nature of that quest - which puts a lot of Emphasis on the Lotus - it makes sense that's what's coming out of the Crystal. 

This gets even more interesting/plausible when you consider the last lines in the Erra cinematic.

"So what are you waiting for. Sing for us, sister. Call them home."

So it seems the Murexes are 'carrying Natah's song' in them, in a way. I'm not sure what this means, if anything, but it fits the theory

Just now, Bryuf said:

This gets even more interesting/plausible when you consider the last lines in the Erra cinematic.

"So what are you waiting for. Sing for us, sister. Call them home."

So it seems the Murexes are 'carrying Natah's song' in them, in a way. I'm not sure what this means, if anything, but it fits the theory

Let's also not forget the further symbolism that, when you break the crystal, a ghostly visage of Lotus's helmet appears, as if imprisioned by the Sentient crystal, and crying for release.

Given how the Scarlet Spear cinematic ends - with Natah questioning Erra, and being violently assaulted for her trouble, I'm going to say there's still more at work.

29 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Given how the Scarlet Spear cinematic ends - with Natah questioning Erra, and being violently assaulted for her trouble, I'm going to say there's still more at work.

So apostate is sung more like a choir than a just the lead and then we have this... a distorted version of the lotus's lead. And I'm pretty sure Natah would have her own theme, something maybe similar to Hunhow's. Maybe its the continuation or response to the tenno's choir in apostate but distorted. So.. maybe she still lotus but just... corrupted? or sentified?

But... it very much means that her transformation is ongoing and that version of 'this is who you are" is not distorted, rather, turning.. into natah's theme... maybe...

22 minutes ago, CrimsonSpawn said:

So apostate is sung more like a choir than a just the lead and then we have this... a distorted version of the lotus's lead. And I'm pretty sure Natah would have her own theme, something maybe similar to Hunhow's. Maybe its the continuation or response to the tenno's choir in apostate but distorted. So.. maybe she still lotus but just... corrupted? or sentified?

But... it very much means that her transformation is ongoing and that version of 'this is who you are" is not distorted, rather, turning.. into natah's theme... maybe...

Dude, you have your answer by just saying what the theme is. "This is what you are", but its distorted.

With the brainwashing going on around Lotus/Natah being in conflict on "what she is" is symbolized by the distortion.

Because at this point, we dont know if she became Lotus and discarted being Natah willingly or not. She currently seems to think it wasnt willingly... but there are holes in that reasoning and she started to notice that... and got assaulted by "Erra" for her trouble.

Something is going on, and its identity based.

9 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Let's also not forget the further symbolism that, when you break the crystal, a ghostly visage of Lotus's helmet appears, as if imprisioned by the Sentient crystal, and crying for release.

If you study Erra, subtle clues in lighting and voice inflection further suggest that the ruse is falling apart...the illusion is breaking at an increasing rate.  Erra as remembered is subtlety distorting into the imposter, paralleling the subtle key changes and distortions in the music.

All the imposter needs to do is commit troops to war, a seemingly irreversible signal, and Lotus is seemingly the trumpet that sounds the call, being forceful assaulted and thrown into whatever contraption that painfully magnifies her call (perhaps she is mimicking MOTHER?).

Ballas isn’t the prisoner in the way he seems, and I dare say that if the secret to Orokin Immortality was Tenno Void-Yuvans, then the MiTW has been chasing them for centuries as a curse that is the price for body renewal.  He’s in Ballas’ head, convincing him of delusions (“But of Course you ARE!”) as reality to pull the strings.

The MiTW May be behind it ALL.  He needs the LOTUS removed and our sanity unraveled.

Enter Ballas, the perfect Trojan Horse to allow TMiTW to infect and hijack the Entire Sentient collective (like a Computer Virus) and trick us into killing the Lotus.  Once Ballas was Assimilated, the “Elixir of Madness” began it’s work.

Fanfiction?  Maybe.  But TMiTW keeps showing up as a narrative tool to lead our Operator right to where he wants us.

If this is true it plays that Hunhow could be an ALLY to save his daughter (“They will day you are riven, and I will not be able to stop them) with the prominent theme of family. 

Archived