Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Bezerker Warframe W/ Whip

Renathy

Lucy from Elfen Lied as well is kinda a berserker, isn't she? 

not really...

she just didn't know her own power until she lost some one or wanted to protect something.

a berserker would be Kenpachi from bleach...

anyways ~

this is more or less what i think she should look like ~

zthfvc.png

obviously  more warframe esque armor  but just a chest peace and some thigh protection.

the pic is just as an example ~

Edited by TisEric

While I don't doubt that DE will at least skim over the thread, finding good ability advice in that storm is like trying to find a golden needle in a haystack.

There's some great ideas in there. But it's night impossible to find between all of the "this button should tear the enimies all in half" posts.

No insult to those people, but PLEASE flesh out your ideas correctly.

It's hard to read and understand, sometimes downright painful to sift through.

I will agree with you on that. The person I quoted did give skill suggestions, but everything else has just been "These skills suck and I don't like them".

Anyway that's enough out of me. I'm excited about this new frame and I'm interested in what she'll bring to the table - both lore and gameplay wise. I suggest everyone just kind of relax a little and -at least- wait until we're given an actual ingame picture of her as well as more concrete info on her abilities.

G'night.

with this warframe implemented into the game... how can DE still say that there's humans in these suits?

unless a handicapped person ? leg-less humanoid. 

Legs are corpus-tech augmentations from what I've heard.

Edited by Siekier

Yes but "restraint" is even worse to imply than weakness when it comes to a berserker. Someone who is to have unrelentless rage.

What?  How?  The most dangerous things are always restrained or locked up, and beresekers aren't bottomless pits of rage, that's just a trope people commonly attach to them,Germanic lore they are just warrior who fought with little regard to all life, including their own, you're letting preconceived notions get the better of your judgement.  Making her more masculine won't make her look any better, it'll just make her look like a man, bigger isn't better, it's the little aesthetic details that make a character.

I think the collar and wrist cuffs need to go. I get that she escaped from the Corpus, but why would she keep wearing those? She should just rip them off with her berserker strength. Oh wait, she can't because she appears to have no upper body muscles. 

Edited by Drazhar14

What?  How?  The most dangerous things are always restrained or locked up, and beresekers aren't bottomless pits of rage, that's just a trope people commonly attach to them,Germanic lore they are just warrior who fought with little regard to all life, including their own, you're letting preconceived notions get the better of your judgement.  Making her more masculine won't make her look any better, it'll just make her look like a man, bigger isn't better, it's the little aesthetic details that make a character.

Yeah, aesthetic qualities that this character is completely lacking. If I didn't know she was supposed to be a berzerker, I would have had no idea that that was what the Frame was supposed to be. 

There is a fine line between what is stereotyping and what is a naturally archetypical appearance. I don't want her to have huge bulging muscles because "that's the berserker stereotype". I want her to have larger limbs and a bigger build, because a life of explosive, dynamic melee combat is obviously going to develop muscles in that way (assuming the frame is like a second-skin/bodysuit).

It's the same logic as how a weightlifter's job develops a powerful build, and a marathoner's a very lean one. It becomes especially important when the look of the frame conveys a certain image about what the frame does. That's why Nekros looks like a right death-obsessed shaman, Frost looks like a powerful wizard-caster, etc etc. 

Fun fact: Berserkers in Germanic lore did transition into bottomless pits of rage - going berserk was a trance into which they entered, where they could not distinguish between friend or foe, and did all sorts of crazy S#&$ from swallowing hot coals to biting the edges of their shields off.

Edited by Darayas

I think it's terrible visually.Looks monster-ish.And to make it worse it's another female warframe

Oh what a pitty, DE doesn't subscribe to your Misogynists Weekly newsletter.

Was hoping the frame would be more robust, for all those saying a beserker doesn't need muscle power, you really should do some biology or anatomy classes. The overall look is new and good though, just a bit weedy. The powers, well, they really don't work for me in that they will be next to useless in every higher level situation.

Will wait and see though.

Oh what a pitty, DE doesn't subscribe to your Misogynists Weekly newsletter.

Was hoping the frame would be more robust, for all those saying a beserker doesn't need muscle power, you really should do some biology or anatomy classes. The overall look is new and good though, just a bit weedy. The powers, well, they really don't work for me in that they will be next to useless in every higher level situation.

Will wait and see though.

Yeah,i'm such a misogynist because i want a game about SPACE NINJAS,in a WAR ,to not have a warframe called BERSEKER ,and be a woman.

Berseker implies actual brute force,not 0 muscle barbie body composition and magic tricks to compensate for it

that must mean...

THE NEXT MALE FRAME WILL BE THE HAWK!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah, aesthetic qualities that this character is completely lacking. If I didn't know she was supposed to be a berzerker, I would have had no idea that that was what the Frame was supposed to be. 

There is a fine line between what is stereotyping and what is a naturally archetypical appearance. I don't want her to have huge bulging muscles because "that's the berserker stereotype". I want her to have larger limbs and a bigger build, because a life of explosive, dynamic melee combat is obviously going to develop muscles in that way (assuming the frame is like a second-skin/bodysuit).

It's the same logic as how a weightlifter's job develops a powerful build, and a marathoner's a very lean one. It becomes especially important when the look of the frame conveys a certain image about what the frame does. That's why Nekros looks like a right death-obsessed shaman, Frost looks like a powerful wizard-caster, etc etc. 

Fun fact: Berserkers in Germanic lore did transition into bottomless pits of rage - going berserk was a trance into which they entered, where they could not distinguish between friend or foe, and did all sorts of crazy S#&$ from swallowing hot coals to biting the edges of their shields off.

Anyone can tell you that bodies don't naturally develop to the level of a bodybuilder, if you watch martial arts tournaments you can see that most of the participants have thinner/lean structures, while if you watch MMA fighters, who have a heavier focus on body build, they tend to work their bodies with similar workout to that of a bodybuilder.  You are right about the trance like state berserkers, but that's no different than having an extreme level of focus, these people were described fight for the thrill more than anything, it was the adrenaline that kept them moving, not anger, the whole anger things is also a stereotype, since the root word for beresek comes from berserker, it's a common mistake made by people who assume berserkers were all historically accurate versions of Kratos, they were also known to fight with allies, so the idea of them killing indiscriminately is false, which isn't to say all of them didn't kill a few friends here and there, friendly fire is an old past time of war.

The idea of them being mindless pits of rage and indiscriminately killing is just an ideal fancy, if they were anything like what most people thought they would end up like a Red Lantern, they were warriors who fought with speed and reckless abandon, they achieved by focusing on the rush of adrenaline that fills one when in combat/ in danger, there is no magic to it, they weren't mythical psychopaths the media made them out to be.

Yeah,i'm such a misogynist because i want a game about SPACE NINJAS,in a WAR ,to not have a warframe called BERSEKER ,and be a woman.

Berseker implies actual brute force,not 0 muscle barbie body composition and magic tricks to compensate for it

There are plenty of women smaller than Bruce Lee that can break the arms off of Chris Hemsworth with no trouble, don't try to defend your sexist statement with a sexist argument point and than try to sarcastically say you aren't being sexist.

There are plenty of women smaller than Bruce Lee that can break the arms off of Chris Hemsworth with no trouble, don't try to defend your sexist statement with a sexist argument point and than try to sarcastically say you aren't being sexist.

News flash 1 : Apparently stating the fact that men have superior mass and strenght compared to women is sexist.

News flash 2 : A trained woman breaking an actors arm who probably has no idea about fighting,is solid proof of the whole gender being equally strong.

Edited by VodkaGR