Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, can Hydroid please get a rework.

TheGodofWiFi

Il y a 21 heures, Exelcto a dit :

Yep, he doesn't need just some tweeks, he needs complete new abilities set imo.

Not sure. His kit is somewhat consistent appart from the anti synergy between his 3rd and his 4th.

He just need a better synergy between his 4th and his 3rd, and some better damage scaling.

Instead of buffing his 4th damage while in 3rd, make the kraken stay in the middle of the pond (and follow you when you move), and make npc take both 3rd and 4th damage. And make the damage of his 4th scale with NPC levels

On 2020-12-04 at 3:03 AM, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

Not sure. His kit is somewhat consistent appart from the anti synergy between his 3rd and his 4th.

He just need a better synergy between his 4th and his 3rd, and some better damage scaling.

Instead of buffing his 4th damage while in 3rd, make the kraken stay in the middle of the pond (and follow you when you move), and make npc take both 3rd and 4th damage. And make the damage of his 4th scale with NPC levels

I would have to disagree. All of Hydroid's abilities are focused around Crowd Control, and when his 1, 2, & 4 have a tendency to either ragdoll or flail their targets around the entire tile, it becomes rather useless. Let's compare him to the poster warframe for Crows Control, Vauban. Without the use of Augment mods, Vauban can do everything Hydroid can do and more. A single Fletcher Orb and a single cast of Bastion is strong enough to kill multiple Exemus Bombards within seconds and that can be done with a simple balanced build. Hydroid would have trouble killing any targets he has put under his crowd control, and good luck killing any enemies past Star Chart with your puddle before you run out of energy. 

With this and the copious amounts of evidence stated throughout this thread, it's more than apparent that Hydroid needs a complete rework from the ground up. 

il y a 23 minutes, -Onyx-Phalian a dit :

I would have to disagree. All of Hydroid's abilities are focused around Crowd Control, and when his 1, 2, & 4 have a tendency to either ragdoll or flail their targets around the entire tile, it becomes rather useless. Let's compare him to the poster warframe for Crows Control, Vauban. Without the use of Augment mods, Vauban can do everything Hydroid can do and more. A single Fletcher Orb and a single cast of Bastion is strong enough to kill multiple Exemus Bombards within seconds and that can be done with a simple balanced build. Hydroid would have trouble killing any targets he has put under his crowd control, and good luck killing any enemies past Star Chart with your puddle before you run out of energy. 

With this and the copious amounts of evidence stated throughout this thread, it's more than apparent that Hydroid needs a complete rework from the ground up. 

I agree to disagree. Make his tentacle deal significant damages (while still being a source of loot), and give him a bit more mobility (3+4+2= move the pond and the tentacle), and you'll get an ok warframe

On 2020-12-12 at 12:17 PM, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

I agree to disagree. Make his tentacle deal significant damages (while still being a source of loot), and give him a bit more mobility (3+4+2= move the pond and the tentacle), and you'll get an ok warframe

Than we actually agree, I was comparing Hydroid's current ability set vs Vauban's abilities. I do agree with your ideas for changes to Hydroid's abilities but I don't think they do enough. I believe that if Hydroid is in his puddle while he summons the Kraken, the tentacles should pull enemies they grab into the puddle (doing both tentacle AND puddle damage). They should also change the Augment to his 1 from simply doing Corrosive status procs to stripping armor because it suffered GREATLY when DE changed how status procs were calculated with the Damage 2.0 update. 

• 3 months later...
On 2020-09-30 at 6:01 AM, (PSN)MegaZatruz said:

I would improve the following:

First of all: Remove cast time from skills, or quadruple cast speed (natural talent is practically mandatory today)

a new passive ability or change the percentage to 100% for the tentacles

Tempest Barrage: Due to the new status effect system, the skill has lost efficiency of CC, so I would improve it. I would also change the Aug Mod to completely remove the enemy's armor (several warframes do this easily, I don't see why Hydroid can't do it too)

Tidal Surge: I wouldn't change anything, just put a system to disable the wave immediately, using the ability again (without having to use the third ability for that, and losing energy)

Undertow: It wouldn't change much either, it would just remove the cost of energy to pull enemies into the puddle. Also make sure that the enemies do not leave the puddle when walking in this mode.

Tentacle Swarm: This one would just put some use in the kraken (not to be just aesthetic). It could be something like this ... Applying fear to enemies that are released from the tentacle through the Kraken (as the friend said in the previous post) or the tentacle taking the enemies to the Kraken and it devours it (using some type of system to select what this enemy would be and put some cooldown to not be OP)

Please DE.

Archived