Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Warframe Acquisitions could use a review

Drasiel

With the helminth subsume coming many of us must refarm frames again and many of the farms frankly suck the big wide load. A number of the frames could use a review for how they are obtained.

• Saryn
    • the boss fight is fine but requirement to farm the rathuum to enter it are miserable especially if you have a run of bad luck.
    • This is exasperated since you need two copies of the saryn systems one for saryn and one for chroma.
    • This could be alleviated by Kela De thaym dropping rathum points ala ambulas or removing the requirement once you unlock it the first time
  • Chroma
    • Simaris rep farming is acceptable but it's annoying to have to get 4 other warframe parts because he's an elemental frame. Especially when one of the parts is behind a "keyed" boss.
    • just remove the extra warframe parts
  • Equinox
    • We need 8 seperate part drops to build this frame while at the same requiring 156 hours (or six and half days) to craft a single frame
    • We have several frames now with multiskill powers Equinox should changed into a standard set of 3 warframe parts and 1 blueprint.
  • Ash
    • Only the basic manic can drop these parts relegating you to 1 per mission or defection
    • defection while able to spawn multiples is punishing to run solo because unlike during multiplay you never get two squads spawning at once doubling the time it takes to do multiple rotations and get more manic spawns. This makes the most effective method 1 per mission with a run to rotation b and abort.
    • Add on top of that it isn't even a guaranteed drop so often you are left with nothing.
    • either make the drop of an ash part guaranteed, since the enemy is so rare or just put it on all the manics
  • Mesa
    • Mutalist Alad V requires Keys which can only be obtained through invasions often taking days to finish or derelict defense rotation c at a drop rate which is so low it's not worth farming (4.51%).
    • just kill the key system. This is the only remaining one with the derelicts moving to deimos.

After playing Infested Salvage for an entire evening the other day to get Nidus parts, that's one I think needs retooled. There is a ~45% chance to get any of the three Nidus parts on rotation C with the rest of that rotation being taken up by mods and endo. So many copies of Vital Sense. It's a mind-numbing gamemode on top of all that. 

I think Trinity's acquisition needs looked at. Ambulas is essentially a defense mission instead of a boss, and it gets real tired real quick when you have to farm up a duplicate for helminth. 

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

This could be alleviated by Kela De thaym dropping rathum points

Challenging Kela De Thaym in Merrow, Sedna requires 25 Judgement Points. Upon successful completion of the mission, 13 Judgement Points will be refunded.

We need 8 seperate part drops to build this frame while at the same requiring 156 hours (or six and half days) to craft a single frame

Sorry but can't feel the pain. I have 6 built one and several unbuilt sets of her without dedicated farm

Mesa

Meh. Farmed her on 4 accounts. Not an issue at all.

Ash

DE gave away a full Ash set last week. DE is giving away a full Ash set this week. I guess here I am lucky for being a long time player since I still have more than enough parts from back then. I cannot say how hard he currently is to farm

I wasn't going to pre-farm warframes (for Helmy), but made the mistake of "just checking" how many parts I already had. I am now at around 32 built/building out of 45 (including Xaku).

Mostly, and somewhat surprisingly, farming the parts were fun. Where once upon a time it felt like a "big problem" tackling the missions by now I've "powercreeped" to the level where I am able to pretty easily do everything solo or do my part in a team (without showing off). So it was a sort of reminder and indication of my progress in warframe.

But some where quite painful, even so. I was missing 2 Equinox parts, and getting those took over 40 runs at Tyl Regor. The actual mission is well designed and Tyl Regor has among the best lines of all bosses, and at this point it is supereasy. However, with a mission time between 4-6 minutes (depending on the "run-up", which includes some swimming if you are unlucky), "bad rng" and loading screens etc. it meant I spent over 4 hours of my life running a hit-miss lottery (since I need nothing else from Tyl Regor). By the end I truly hated the mission, the boss and had serious doubts about Warframe. Like quite a few times before 🤪.

There a couple of others as well, I already had all Khora parts, but not the blueprint. So Sanctuary Onslaught, here I come. Some SO mission hours later I still haven't got the bp, and by now I hate the SO too. With a vengeance. At least I get some relics, every now and then. But the idea of spending even more hours running SO, without any defined end in sight, feels really depressing. And there are a few other harder grinds, we all know them.

The point of this being that all the missions where it mattered (even in some little way) having acquired all warframes, all mods, all everything and the knowledge and skill to use everything it was somewhat fun. Even Grendel, Ropalolyst, Kela etc. However, the missions where all of that is neutered by the raw rng being multiplied by a long mission time and those effects then exponentially increased by "unlucky" rng are, at this point, worse than bad.

I accept those mechanics for a "first time" approach, they are a rite of passage for all Tennos, and those wanting to bypass that rite can buy them and support DE. And you get some other drops/resources you actually need at that point. I am fine with that. But it feels wrong, and bad, that the new and interesting "high level" Helminth forces me to endure hours upon hours of totally meaningless warframe gaming (disregarding the single drop you are after), since there is no real difficulty involved it is like playing an one-armed bandit in the hope of a jackpot and feeling your life roll away as you stare at the machine. I really like Warframe, I like DE's approach, I even like all the honorable and helpful Tenno. It feels wrong to feel the hate I feel when I've spent another 20 minutes in SO trying to get Khora's bp to drop (for the second time in my life). 

So, DE, maybe in future allow for an alternative approach to get those secondary warframe parts drops, where skill and challenge can at least partly reduce the rotten unluck of bad rng. A simple mechanic for this could have been offering alternative acquisition missions on the Steel Path, presenting two random drops on completion and allowing the player to select one of them. If beating the Steel Path bosses is considered too easy for such a mechanic, just buff them with a additional "boss Steel Path"-factor (2X everything normal Steel Path) or something. I would have had much (MUCH) more fun with that increase in challenge and reduction in rng.

You have to understand as well that the drop chances and a bit of luck make for some vastly different experiences for players. Its one thing if you spend a ton of time playing the game and have most of this stuff sitting in your foundry and never noticed, but there's "hardcore" and "casual" gamers alike that have spent months trying to farm for a single BP or piece. Hell, my friend that introduced me to the game back while the founders pack was still a thing has still never even gotten Hate.

It wouldn't be the worst thing to ease up in some cases, especially for people that have already done the work in the first place.

14 hours ago, KCToxic said:

After playing Infested Salvage for an entire evening the other day to get Nidus parts, that's one I think needs retooled. There is a ~45% chance to get any of the three Nidus parts on rotation C with the rest of that rotation being taken up by mods and endo. So many copies of Vital Sense. It's a mind-numbing gamemode on top of all that. 

I think Trinity's acquisition needs looked at. Ambulas is essentially a defense mission instead of a boss, and it gets real tired real quick when you have to farm up a duplicate for helminth. 

splitting the parts up between the other rotations could alleviate a lot of that. Of course there will be people that complain you are clogging up the other locations drop tables with one and dones but there isn't' really anything specific to infested salvage to farm except for the nidus parts, which is it's own separate issue.

14 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Challenging Kela De Thaym in Merrow, Sedna requires 25 Judgement Points. Upon successful completion of the mission, 13 Judgement Points will be refunded.

Sorry but can't feel the pain. I have 6 built one and several unbuilt sets of her without dedicated farm

Meh. Farmed her on 4 accounts. Not an issue at all.

DE gave away a full Ash set last week. DE is giving away a full Ash set this week. I guess here I am lucky for being a long time player since I still have more than enough parts from back then. I cannot say how hard he currently is to farm

13 judgement points still means if you have a string of back luck it's back to the rathuum. Rathuum is the best place outside of arbitrations to get endo it doesn't need to gatekeep a boss too.

Just because you lack empathy doesn't mean the grind doesn't suck for other people.

Twitch drops are not a solution to bad farms, they are a kind gesture for frames DE obviously is able to recognize suck to farm.

11 hours ago, Syrethyst said:

Also, just take your time to farm them, not like there is any rush to get all of them within a week or month 😛

Time is not the issue, the farms themselves are. I have already farmed a copy of all those frames, a change to their drop conditions won't affect me in any positive way, but other people shouldn't have to deal with them they are such a huge outlier on the curve of frame acquisition.

@Graavarg In regards to khora that BP should just be put in the store. You should never have to fight RNG for the main BP which is the rule for every other warframe.

Archived