Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

POE / Vallis Bounties suck.

Rovaeden

I quit playing Warframe because the content I need to progress are my POE and Vallis rep grinds. No one does them anymore and I am doing them solo.
The following facts regarding the way these zones are set up just make me roll my eyes in disgust and log out to spend my gaming time (and money) elsewhere.

I am mentioning this to the devs in hopes that they 1) do something to fix POE and Vallis and 2) NEVER do quests like this again.

Problems

1) Quest chains seem designed to require abilities that are the opposite of the Warframe I have chosen to play.
2) Constant bugs and glitches cause the quest step to fail which fails the entire chain.
3) Timed quests just suck. always. I am not doing this with a group. Having to search a 3000 cubic meter cave system for that one last vault is utter BS!

Fixes

1) Offer each quest leg as a separate objective that we can select individually. We can chose the mission type we enjoy and have Warframes tailored to. If we are going to have to grind this crap, we might as well be allowed to enjoy it.
2) Get rid of timed quests. Period!
3) Get rid of hide and seek quests, PERIOD! Especially when your buggy code seems unable to control whether the quest target will spawn underneath terrain features and be inaccessible repeatedly. -Looking at you Vallis rebel corpses! >.<
4) offer more meaningful alternate ways of farming rep. Again, if we are going to have to grind this crap, we might as well be allowed to enjoy it.

I came back to try to earn a few things in preparation for Deimos, but one hour and 4 bug failed quests in a row on Vallis have killed my interest altogether.

I really want to enjoy warframe, but the "open world" is just so terribad. sad.

Someone mentioned in the forums about a bug in which they managed to do all the Bounty Objectives at the same time because all the Stage Objective markers were present from the first Bounty Stage, so each Tenno could do one, while another could do another someplace else at the same time. Which, you know, is awesome. So i hope something like this gets implemented.

On 2020-08-24 at 3:10 AM, Rovaeden said:

Problems

1) Quest chains seem designed to require abilities that are the opposite of the Warframe I have chosen to play.
2) Constant bugs and glitches cause the quest step to fail which fails the entire chain.
3) Timed quests just suck. always. I am not doing this with a group. Having to search a 3000 cubic meter cave system for that one last vault is utter BS!

1) by choosing to play some and not other frames you have chosen to have issues in certain missions. this is a problem of your own making, so fix it yourself (by getting out of your comfort zone a bit, this is warframe not comfortframe)

2) i haven't had such bugs in PoE bounties in a while, or in Orb Vallis bounties.

3) It's a matter of practice, do it more, gain experience and don't fail. for something where it's required to use prior experience and memorization, and which was designed for squad play, you want it to be foolproof and accessible to you as a solo player. again, this is the game testing your boundaries, and exactly how it should be. 

6 hours ago, Traubenzuckr said:

1) by choosing to play some and not other frames you have chosen to have issues in certain missions. this is a problem of your own making, so fix it yourself (by getting out of your comfort zone a bit, this is warframe not comfortframe)

2) i haven't had such bugs in PoE bounties in a while, or in Orb Vallis bounties.

3) It's a matter of practice, do it more, gain experience and don't fail. for something where it's required to use prior experience and memorization, and which was designed for squad play, you want it to be foolproof and accessible to you as a solo player. again, this is the game testing your boundaries, and exactly how it should be. 

1) Wrong. Regardless of which frame i chose, the missions I get are NOT for that frame. eg. Im on an area defense frame. I get spy missions. I switch to stealth frame, im given defense missions. It is all unnecessary fu#&ery and I am sick of it.

2) well joy for you. I experience them at least 75% of the time that I venture into either, tho Vallis is worse. Anyway, Wrong.

3) Wrong. If I were able to reach into the code and mitigate bugs then you MIGHT be in some way correct in suggesting that this is in any way my own fault. As you state things, you come across as just another a$$ hat elitist who loves to throw "git gud" at people.
Beyond your narrow and clearly limited vision it is a matter of players choosing where to spend their gaming time. It may indeed be designed for squad play, but I argue that it is lazily designed for squad play, and it needs to be redesigned in such a way that it addresses squad AND solo players as well as respects the time people may or may not have available to relax with a game at the end of their busy day. The only boundaries that this (and clowns like you) are testing is my limited time and patience.

Finally, I did not write my forum post for you. I did write it so the devs might see it and perhaps decide to make at least SOME effort in coding the next open world ( i guess we will soon find out.) Given the amount of money they make from plat sales, they have no excuse for such lazy design and buggy execution.

Thanks for the bump tho.

no, i'm right and you're wrong

you really need to git gud. bounties are ez, just take any frame. take rhino and shoot the dropships down. you don't need a "defense frame". the spy bit in OV is banal and always the same, you just need to learn how it goes so you could do it with any frame etc.

devs don't care about players who don't have aspirations to become better (they put in something called "mastery" in after all), who don't have a flexible approach. what devs want is to test your boundaries a little so you can become better and have a sense of achievement and progress. that's the true meaning of all these challenges you're up against.

the next open world will have a similar structure to the past two ones. if anything, it was speculated that it will be significantly harder. so yeah... you know the drill, i'm not gonna tell you to git gud again.

The bounties are fine, balanced, and easy to do, in a squad or solo. I have no issue finding groups. If you can't complete them in a efficient fashion, that's on you.

There is plenty of other ways tha bounty to grind standing. As in : Fishing, Mining, Hunting, and even using your overall ressources to buy tokens. I'm sure one of those suit you more than others.

On 2020-08-24 at 4:10 AM, Rovaeden said:

Quest chains seem designed to require abilities that are the opposite of the Warframe I have chosen to play.

None of the PoE bounties are frame-specific. As in, at all. You can safely run them all with an Inaros, simply by killing everything in sight quickly. The only bounty that requires something other than "kill 'em all"  is Valis Spy, and that one is simple enough to either bruteforce with a cipher or even do the stealthy way with a bit of parkour and/or bringing a Ghost/Huras Kubrow. Warframe is all about picking the right tools to cheese whatever task you need done, after all. 

The only two bugs I still encounter occasionally are PoE "liberate a camp" spawning enemies outside your line of sight, which then proceed to hide in a cave, rapidly decreasing your control level. Annoying, yes, but hardly that common nowadays. Could use a fix. The other one is dead agents having wonky marker visibility, they sometimes pop up when you're literally on top of them, and not one meter further. Could use a fix too. Hardly worth a rant, tho. 

Timed quests just suck. always. I am not doing this with a group. Having to search a 3000 cubic meter cave system for that one last vault is utter BS!

You do know caches emit a pretty audible sound around them, right? And there aren't too many spawn points, once you learn them it's easy. 

Vallis rep grinds

Ever tried animal conservation? It's almost absurdly efficient if you can consistently pull off perfect downwind captures. 

My only real gripe is that open worlds are poorly placed in the whole progression system - you really want them accessible to players with more gear choices than a basic excal/volt with a Boltor. Especially Fortuna, since enemies are a good bit beefier there. 

• 2 months later...
On 2020-08-25 at 8:21 PM, Reifnir said:
On 2020-08-24 at 11:10 AM, Rovaeden said:

Timed quests just suck. always. I am not doing this with a group. Having to search a 3000 cubic meter cave system for that one last vault is utter BS!

You do know caches emit a pretty audible sound around them, right? And there aren't too many spawn points, once you learn them it's easy. 

I also hate the timed quests.
Caches make a sound that is only audible when we are near them, which means we tend to find them then hear them.
I just failed orb vallis bounty because i only found one cache in 5 out of the 7min. Was no noticeable cache sound and it didn't appear on the map.
The bounty was in one of the buildings, not on the open Orb Vallis map.
Its also hard to learn the spawn points (inside buildings) if can't find the caches in the first place.

Archived