The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Havn't We Got Rare Spawns Yet?

Scorchling

give us rare spawns of mini bosses or just beefier variants of normal though enemies (napalm/rocket/gunner/ancients and the corpus equivalents) that have a 100% drop of a rare mod/blueprint and maybe besides that some credits/rare resource. have at most 3 items in the drop table, not more.

mind you, I don't want them to have drops exclusive to them, rather if you get them and kill then the drops is a bonus. as fickle as the RNG God is I would hate to have to grind them for stuff I can't get in another way.

that would really add some flavor to the game.  

magine if you will....

you are doing your fav ED or MD mission.  your brain is off, just farming xp.  all of the sudden a rare spawns.   the longer it takes to kill him, the more rollers/ancients/heavy/ (name your hated npc here) spawn.  while all this is going on, you keep getting mobs spawning/waves inc.  

would be epic imo.

Bosses do not have 100% drops, asks for easier enemies to have them and make them appear on any maps. Great thinking... especially how easy getting everything would be then and how no one would platinum for other purpose than slots... Great!

I mean sure, yeah, I want minibosses as well but they should only have a higher chance to drop a rare mod and that is about it.

Guest DeadGoanna

Can you imagine walking into a room and some big infested creature is like rawr and grrrr and arghhh and candy....

Would be nice to see though. I hear that they are looking into it and I await to see what comes of it.

On the subject, I've been wanting miniboss type units for awhile

For instance, get the Hyena out of prototyping and send 'em into battle.

Also giant Grineer exosuit anyone?

And giant Phorrid type things would be cool too.

This is pretty much my thoughts exactly in this case.

Do we need this kind of thing? No.

Would it be ridiculously cool? Yes.

This is pretty much my thoughts exactly in this case.

Do we need this kind of thing? No.

Would it be ridiculously cool? Yes.

I'd say it is kinda needed. Having a boss round in defense or survival would be awesome.

Also we could change the heavy unit line to reference that, so it isn't spammed every 5 seconds after ~20mins in a game.

I'm not particularly looking for a Stalker type system. I'm more interested in, every 10 waves (or however many) on endless defense missions, you get a faction specific boss spawn, or multiple. Nothing would be better than to be doing a corpus defense mission and suddenly 3 Jackals appear. Just make it a guaranteed not-S#&$ty reward, I don't want a trick mag or something stupid for going 50+ waves in defense.