Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Seeing the Deimos Spawn Rates People Talk About

Alpheus

I've looked between a few posts on the forums and on Reddit and I see some people mentioning that the spawn rates are so high it's hurting their framerates or making it impossible to do conservation captures, but I'm having the exact opposite problem. Things are spawning so infrequently that missions requiring you to kill X number of infested are taking abhorrently long (4 minutes to kill 15 things), and it gets compounded by their pathfinding getting the few things alive stuck on a random cliff out of view. I even took Grendel into a Steel Path bounty thinking that maybe it was just because I was getting solo rates, but even after half an hour I wasn't getting enough things to spawn to have a full belly. Is this something I can fix? Because it's very disappointing having my opposition come at me 2-4 at a time.

27 minutes ago, Alpheus said:

Things are spawning so infrequently that missions requiring you to kill X number of infested are taking abhorrently long (4 minutes to kill 15 things),

I'm having the same problem. Especially that one bounty mission where you need to kill enemies within a certain area. A lot of the enemies just hang out far away and never move to the area, and no new enemies spawn 😞 

The framerate dips I don't think are related to spawn rates (at least on PC).  After the mainline, I would routinely see my FPS dip below 30 when I'm in the arsenal.  On Deimos, I see random framerate dips when there are no mobs around.

I think there's an engine optimization issue that needs to be addressed that got introduced with mainline that hasn't been fully resolved yet, because I have the very low spawn problem during Deimos bounties as well, and I still get crazy framerate dips.

2 hours ago, TheEdIsNotAmused said:

The framerate dips I don't think are related to spawn rates (at least on PC).  After the mainline, I would routinely see my FPS dip below 30 when I'm in the arsenal.  On Deimos, I see random framerate dips when there are no mobs around.

I think there's an engine optimization issue that needs to be addressed that got introduced with mainline that hasn't been fully resolved yet, because I have the very low spawn problem during Deimos bounties as well, and I still get crazy framerate dips.

I personally haven't had any FPS issues on Deimos so far, but I know if I spit out 50 or so enemies at once it freezes my game for a split second, so I figured it was a case like that where other people are just inundated by hordes of infested. I'm really hoping they address the severe lack of spawns. If memory serves correctly, the boil event on the Plains has a more aggressive infested resistance.

• 10 months later...

Necroing this thread to remind DE there is still a big chunk of things they failed to implement properly that needed to be fixed as soon as possible.

Soloing bounties is still the preferred method for the majority of players, I myself, am one of them.

A few updates ago, Deimos was fun to play. Bunch of enemies to kill. Bounty was fast to finish.

But now... its a S#&$ place to expend time. Those stupid spawn pods are empty 80% of the time (nothing spawn from them).

The enemies even stop spawning once you finish the vaults...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived