Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conservation = searching needle in a hay. You need to remove this requirement .

Monolake

DE you need to remove the requirement for doing conservation and specific tags. Its killing the progress and ruining the update. Its the searching needle in a haystack - thats why its unfun and frustrating. Objective reasons why it badly needs to be changed:

The hunting points are placed so badly you cant actually find many of them to activate. The tracks paths are not showing on many. The spawns are buggy - Ive done countless times just having to restart the map to get the correct spawn. Or the bird can fall into geometry so you never find it... Some other method is just knowing where the bird spawns inside a wall and trying to get it with Ivara AOE - this is the level of broken. The animals are often not highlighted with rifle. We are forced to do this tedious 'debugging' instead of playing the game we enjoy. It shouldn't be this way.

Its absolutely unacceptable to have this unfun, poorly made and buggy mechanic be mandatory for the progress. Its a showstopper. You need to remove this requirement. If some people like doing it - they can still play it to get tokens, (make Son tokens give more points if you want to incentivize!) but for everyone else sanity - give other means to progress. Or it kills any enjoyment and ruins overall impression of this update. You might fix all the issues in a month or so, but no one will care then, the first impression is what matters, so you need to change it now.

I actually LIKE conservation and I think that the tag requirements for Rank 3 need to go. As it stands, Avichaea tracks spawn too infrequently and the Avichaea themselves are too bugged (not spawning, not being highlighted, randomly dying, etc) to be an acceptable requirement 

A "Possible" fix would be to have set amounts on each random Token requirement.
No Conservation should ever go over 3. Period. And it should work like Rivens stats. The MORE Required Animal Types, the LESS the Amount of them is needed.

So, example:

Common Avichaea Tag : x3

and:

Common Avichaea Tag     : x1
Purple Velocipod Tag        : x1

Crescent Vulpaphyla Tag : x1

Hey, hotfix 4 promises to lower conservation requirements! Lesse what they... changed...

*sigh*

They just lowered the Son Token requirements for Rank 3, not the Tag requirements. Tag requirements are still a hellish nightmare of scouring for a bird whose trail rarely shows up and that spawns outside of the skybox

53 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

odd, I am rank 2 and none of them seem available yet. got to check later

Just need a mutagen bp, and antigen bp. then tranq any infested dog/cat things you see when you are out and about. Bank the tokens. 

Conservation needs to go as a requirement for major content.  It's ruining the update.  Forcing people to play things in the new world they do not like is not a good way to encourage them to play the new zones.  Let people enjoy the activities in the zone that they want to  I have not played the other two open worlds for this same reason.  Now there's just another chunk of the game gated off behind boring minigames.  The more that gets gated off the like, the less incentive there is to play.  Now im 0/3 on open world enjoyment.

I detest conservation. The map markers are all identical, so if I'm hunting a particular creature I have to check ever. single. one. until I find the one I want. Then half the time the trail disappears so I can't get to the echo location. And that's while wandering a hostile environment without a weapon out because this stuff doesn't show unless I have a tranq rifle drawn.

Avichea in particular are a complete pain in the neck. If by some miracle I do find the spot to use the echo lure, most of the time the little bastards don't even appear.

And I'm expected to find five of these just to be able to unlock the new Helminth mechanics?

#*!% conservation. #*!% Avichea, and #*!% whoever at DE thought this tedious and buggy bullS#&$ should be forced on me. This is not in any way an entertaining gameplay experience.

Yep, seriously, I just came onto the forum because I am frustrated as h%!@ about being unable to find the start of trails because they appear to be inside rocks. I guess a guildmate of mine is right... ignore the new content for now until the bugs get worked out. 

I don't like conservation much to begin with.

I hate tracking down flying creatures.

I am NOT tracking down flying creatures while the basic mechanics are bugged 80% of the time. 

Agree with you, especially on the Avichea case. Very few nodes and most times tracks won't show or stop showing half way, even if you get to the spot sometimes they won't even show up, probably getting stuck somewhere.

2 hours ago, Wyld_Karde said:

The map markers are all identical, so if I'm hunting a particular creature I have to check ever. single. one. until I find the one I want. 

Regarding this, if you want to see the markers for a particular creature, you just need to equip the corresponding echo lure, so you will only see markers for that particular critter 😉

1 hour ago, Veldrak3 said:

Agree with you, especially on the Avichea case. Very few nodes and most times tracks won't show or stop showing half way, even if you get to the spot sometimes they won't even show up, probably getting stuck somewhere.

Regarding this, if you want to see the markers for a particular creature, you just need to equip the corresponding echo lure, so you will only see markers for that particular critter 😉

Thanks for that. At least it removes one layer of nonsense from this aggravating waste of time. Now if only the damn creatures would actually show up.

That's what's really making me mad, I'm forced to spend time on a mechanic I don't particularly enjoy, and that time doesn't even pay off properly because the spawns are bugged, and when they don't bug they're just plain impossible to find.

May whoever thought gating content behind hunting avichea was a good idea bash their knee on every table they pass.

7 hours ago, Veldrak3 said:

Not true in my experiences. I've found Predasite tracks with the Avichaea lure out, Vulpaphyla tracks with the Predasite lure, and so on

Archived