Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Laser Door Why You So Buff?

Hogfather

Has anyone else noticed this? I don't know when this happened or how but it is infuriating! I understand that when you walk/run into laser doors they knock you down. This I am fine with. Why can we no longer ninja are way through them? Don't ninja's play free? How can we do this if we have to use revives when we try to go through a door and SURPRISE you have now lost some shields and are knocked down. What's that you want to stand up in the shields (because when a ninja stands up they lose all ninjaness)? DOUBLE SURPRISE!!!!! Took all your shileds this time and you're back on the ground. Had enough? (Ninja stands up in response) HAT TRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by this time you have recieved enough enemy fire and you're dead :(

I propose a different idea. To go along with stealth and hacking alertness levels How about this; Alert level 4 is no lasers (except when camera sees you). Alert level 3 has lasers applied all the time (slide through allowed). Alert level 2 has more laser beams, when camera sees you (meaning no space to slide through and do more damage). Alert level 1 lasers become a solid wall of laser that is impassable until you hack the alert level. This is essentially a room lockdown, meaning that you are stuck in this room and your tenno powers cannot affect things outside of this room (no more slash dash to win). Of course Corpus can walk through these lasers and the lower the alert level the more enemies spawn.

TL;DR

Lasers are now just death traps. Why can I no longer slide through them?

In the Corpus side of things, it buys them time for their forces to move in on the Tenno that are 'trapped' within the camera's room; it's a feature of the Corpus, gotta bust those cameras first to move on.

To be honest, I never really liked it when players slide attacked past laser doors, that meant the camera is still there waiting to trip me up :V

Edited by DSMK2

honestly, the issue lies in that the Tenno isn't always propelled away from  the lasers and can get trapped in the beams.

this should not happen. if you touch those lasers, fine, you got damaged. but propel the Tenno clear of those lasers. always.

I think if they are there, then there should be some point to them being there. Hopefully people will start to catch on and go back to shooting out the cameras as they go rather than pushing ahead as far as possible and leaving everyone completely behind. 

But, you know, rushers gotta rush. 

remember back in the day they did damage to health as well, potentially 1-shotting new players? but yea, they're annoying. if you ask me, they should just stagger instead of completely knocking down, and the stagger should, like others said, push the player clear of the beams.

remember back in the day they did damage to health as well, potentially 1-shotting new players? but yea, they're annoying. if you ask me, they should just stagger instead of completely knocking down, and the stagger should, like others said, push the player clear of the beams.

Those were fun days.

I'm fine with the lasers no longer allowing you slide through them, though I do find it really annoying when there's a camera just out of sight in front of the entrance you're about to go and then you spend a good five seconds being tossed around like a ninja ping pong ball. DE really has to change the placement of some those things.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I've never understood why the laser doors need to deal damage and cause a knockdown at all.  The point of the laser doors is to stop players from rushing through rooms without clearing out the cameras.  There is no added benefit to tossing players around the place and draining their shields; it's just annoying and causes more glitches.  All that the lasers need to do is act like a solid wall when triggered; nothing more or less.  And if a Tenno is in the middle of the doors when they activate, the character is thrown 3 feet backwards into the previous room (without the damage or knockdown). 

I remember the days when lasers could instant kill you.

Those were terrible, terrible times. 

oh yeah, that happened to me like three times in one mission. Everyone ran ahead murdering hordes of people and I was trapped in a room of lasers because nobody bothered to shoot the camera that was on the other side of the wall from me. Couldn't shoot it because the angle was too steep.

One change I would definitely love to see would be that when a camera spots a tenno it activates the laser doors for that room and only that room. That means no more being trapped by rushers who never take out the cameras. And it wouldn't be that hard for DE to do, and would solve nearly all of the laser door problems.

*Iron skin*

what are you talking about?

joking aside...

One change I would definitely love to see would be that when a camera spots a tenno it activates the laser doors for that room and only that room. That means no more being trapped by rushers who never take out the cameras. And it wouldn't be that hard for DE to do, and would solve nearly all of the laser door problems.

honestly, the issue lies in that the Tenno isn't always propelled away from  the lasers and can get trapped in the beams.

this should not happen. if you touch those lasers, fine, you got damaged. but propel the Tenno clear of those lasers. always.

Thank you I understand that. But if you are behind and a team mate sets off an alarm. Where is the camera for you to shoot? Oh right it's where you can no longer get to

not to mention not everyone can match the speed of Volt/Loki

Thank you I understand that. But if you are behind and a team mate sets off an alarm. Where is the camera for you to shoot? Oh right it's where you can no longer get to

Quite true. I just always thought that originally we never should have been able to kick/spin our way through lasers like that. It's been long waiting but DE needs to start making this game require teamwork because many players just run levels not really caring what their teammates do.