Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth shouldn't dislike every type of resource at the same time

PhoenixFieryn

Not sure if many people are getting this, but it's just ridiculous. He'll end up disliking every resource type and I ended up wasting hundreds of thousands of titanium and millions of other resources. Even if there is some way to make him prefer food again by infusing all sorts of junk abilities and removing those, it shouldn't be a mandatory activity just to reset his preference. And yes, I am aware of his 8th level ability, but even so - that should be something to allow you to feed him stuff you would prefer to feed him (say, salvage because it's cheap). Instead of something mandatory to just get him to eat anything at all. Because even the resources that I don't want to feed him - Tellurium for example, makes absolutely no difference in how much it affects hunger despite its rarity.

Here's Oxides for example:

unknown.png

1 minute ago, PhoenixFieryn said:

Even if there is some way to make him prefer food again by infusing all sorts of junk abilities and removing those, it shouldn't be a mandatory activity just to reset his preference.

There is a passive thing later on in the ranks that lets you feed them sentient materials to make them not object to food.

• Feed Sentient resources to the Helminth, to increase its appetite for one resource that it no longer craved

The problem is that this is unlocked at rank 8. If it was sooner I don’t think there would be an issue.

DE is testing "Soft locks" on daily standing. This is one of them.
This is not as bad as a solid wall. Annoying, god yes, but still not as bad as "Comes back tomorrow, Tenno! Tee hee!!", especially when you just need to put 100 more standing in it to hit that next level/unlock.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

There is a passive thing later on in the ranks that lets you feed them sentient materials to make them not object to food.

• Feed Sentient resources to the Helminth, to increase its appetite for one resource that it no longer craved

The problem is that this is unlocked at rank 8. If it was sooner I don’t think there would be an issue.

Yeah sorry about not clarifying in the original post, was editing that in just as you replied. 

And I do like that this is an ability, but as it stands right now - it feels less like an option to reset his preference so you can feed him stuff that's cheap by using more expensive sentient mat, but more like a mandatory thing to do. I think how the ability should be designed is for you to pay a more expensive upfront cost of sentient mats in exchange to have the option to use cheaper mats like salvage instead of using expensive stuff like Tellurium. But now, rarity of mats mean absolutely nothing.

14 minutes ago, Nez-Kal said:

DE is testing "Soft locks" on daily standing. This is one of them.
This is not as bad as a solid wall. Annoying, god yes, but still not as bad as "Comes back tomorrow, Tenno! Tee hee!!", especially when you just need to put 100 more standing in it to hit that next level/unlock.

I was literally 100 away with Entrati last night, with standing capped, and all the stuff needed for rank up. Would definitely prefer even an inefficient alternative to have gotten that last 100.

Archived