Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Remembers Dark Sector? :d

Ibro156

I bought it with the bundle, and I'm having a blast. In itself it's not a bad game, if you put aside the console interface and the fact that Hayden has about as much maniability as a fraking fomorian. But it's my 200 or so hours of playing warframe which give it all of it's flavour.

I keep recognizing art assets, ennemies, weapons and, above all, sounds. It's what makes the difference between "oh well, a zombie dog. How original." and "OH! OH! A Charger! It even has the same sound effect! Hahaha! :D", between "More zombies. How boring." and "It's like runners, except they don't explode. *sets one on fire, it explodes* OMG THEY DO LOL". Add to the pleasure of discovering similarities the omnipresence of Lotus' voice in the back of my head (early in the game, during a cinematic, I hear a radio sound, which has been re-used for the grineer. I instantly start hearing lotus saying "grineer patrol approaching", or when I enter the sewers "multiple bio-signatures detected, we got infested incoming."), and the fun factor increases exponentially.

Furthermore, the knowledge of the future of this universe changes the story from "bland" to "awesome origin story" (or should I say orokin story? XD).

I bought it with the bundle, and I'm having a blast. In itself it's not a bad game, if you put aside the console interface and the fact that Hayden has about as much maniability as a fraking fomorian. But it's my 200 or so hours of playing warframe which give it all of it's flavour.

I keep recognizing art assets, ennemies, weapons and, above all, sounds. It's what makes the difference between "oh well, a zombie dog. How original." and "OH! OH! A Charger! It even has the same sound effect! Hahaha! :D", between "More zombies. How boring." and "It's like runners, except they don't explode. *sets one on fire, it explodes* OMG THEY DO LOL". Add to the pleasure of discovering similarities the omnipresence of Lotus' voice in the back of my head (early in the game, during a cinematic, I hear a radio sound, which has been re-used for the grineer. I instantly start hearing lotus saying "grineer patrol approaching", or when I enter the sewers "multiple bio-signatures detected, we got infested incoming."), and the fun factor increases exponentially.

Furthermore, the knowledge of the future of this universe changes the story from "bland" to "awesome origin story" (or should I say orokin story? XD).

After playing it would you agree the US made the infested since the sub with the virus in it came from the US?

I've played through a fair bit of it.

And someone in this thread put it pretty well.
It's like having sex with a cheese grater.

The funny part is that I keep hearing some of the exact same sounds as Warframe, as well as a variety of the same mechanics.

It did, however, teach me to be OK with Warframe to not have a traditional Scope. Have you ever seen the scope in Dark Sector? You could be aiming at a guy, and then a tenth of a second later you're looking at the skybox. Made it impossible to snipe at any distance.