Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, you're rewarding leechers on open world bounties... a fix?

sunderthefirmament

I'm sure most of us have had a leecher or two in an open world bounty.  They go fishing/hunting/mining while the rest of the team plays the objective.  In a friends/clan setting, I don't think anyone minds.  But when it's randos, it feels bad.  Still, it's easy to understand why people leech.  They get the bounty rewards even without helping.  In the meantime, they can gather up open world resources on their own.

I wouldn't mind leechers if a small portion of the open world resources they gather were shared.  A small percentage, or even a chance for it to happen, would mean that the leechers were helping the team too, thereby removing most ill will (unless the bounty is out of your league and you actually need the help).  Maybe 10-25% of all resources could be shared?  Or, for tags, maybe a 10-25% chance of sharing the tag?  I don't think this would shatter any economies, though it might lead to incentivizing behaviors that DE doesn't want to acknowledge.

Just a thought.

a good fix would be to make all gathered resources from the person far away be split evenly among the other 3, and leave the gatherer(leecher) with nothing. oh and also make the bounty only reward you for the round if you are within a few hundred meters.

lol that would be funny but for real i wouldnt mind if they just disabled those gear items during the bounty. wouldnt be ideal but it would solve more problems than it would create.

Have been complaining about this for years. Leechframe is an instrumental part of the company's revenue model. Gives players reasons to log in and do things that earn "progression" even while afk or semi afk on the backs of other players by being a POS. Anything that keeps people logged in more under any pretense whatsoever is a win for DE, thus a big lose for the rest of us.

Get used to it, I finally did, and just leave at the first scintilla of a thought that someone is leeching or going to leech.

If you're talking about randos, there's a simple fix for this which I use liberally:

1. Press escape

2. Mouse over your icon

3. Click "Leave Squad"

If you're the client, you get booted to your own instance. If you're the host, you eject the entire squad. This is great if you feel like you shouldn't have to carry leeches without inconveniencing yourself with leaving the mission entirely. This is also great if you have someone in the team who wants to return to town and you don't, or if you're in Orb Vallis farming toroids and someone keeps deliberately breaking the alert beacons.

Now I wish DE would implement this for every other mission outside of open world.

• 2 months later...
On 2020-09-05 at 5:26 PM, Pizzarugi said:

If you're talking about randos, there's a simple fix for this which I use liberally:

1. Press escape

2. Mouse over your icon

3. Click "Leave Squad"

If you're the client, you get booted to your own instance. If you're the host, you eject the entire squad. This is great if you feel like you shouldn't have to carry leeches without inconveniencing yourself with leaving the mission entirely. This is also great if you have someone in the team who wants to return to town and you don't, or if you're in Orb Vallis farming toroids and someone keeps deliberately breaking the alert beacons.

Now I wish DE would implement this for every other mission outside of open world.

This is good advice in most situations.  But leaving the squad does currently cost you all Necramech XP you gained in that mission, so it's not always a desirable option.

On 2020-09-05 at 2:58 PM, sunderthefirmament said:

I'm sure most of us have had a leecher or two in an open world bounty.  They go fishing/hunting/mining while the rest of the team plays the objective.  In a friends/clan setting, I don't think anyone minds.  But when it's randos, it feels bad.  Still, it's easy to understand why people leech.  They get the bounty rewards even without helping.  In the meantime, they can gather up open world resources on their own.

I wouldn't mind leechers if a small portion of the open world resources they gather were shared.  A small percentage, or even a chance for it to happen, would mean that the leechers were helping the team too, thereby removing most ill will (unless the bounty is out of your league and you actually need the help).  Maybe 10-25% of all resources could be shared?  Or, for tags, maybe a 10-25% chance of sharing the tag?  I don't think this would shatter any economies, though it might lead to incentivizing behaviors that DE doesn't want to acknowledge.

Just a thought.

I get you pain man. But also gotta remember sometimes people just go into open world and happen to join a squad that’s doing a bounty. But I like your idea, it means that even if they don’t necessarily intend to helps others the bounty, they can still contribute to the squad.

On 2020-09-05 at 7:58 PM, sunderthefirmament said:

Just a thought.

Not a small portion, all of it if not more. The leecher is still getting the full bounty reward plus all the mined crap, whereas the people actually playing it get the bounty reward and a small amount of the mined crap while having to do a lot more.

Do it the other way around. If you collect any kind of resource anywhere in one of the open areas, the entire squad gets it (like Railjack) plus some small, but noticeable chance of having that particular income doubled (eg. 25% extra).

Archived