Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ambulas is long overdue for some toning down of waiting time/Equinox and Tyl Regor

Jokie155

I've been doing runs to rebuild the base frames for subsuming, got a good collection growing. On average, a 'long' boss fight at MR 29 is four minutes total, with some going as low as 1 min 30 secs. That seems fair to me, I am literally at full mastery minus Founders items, I should be clearing these early bosses quickly.

Soloing the Ambulas fight takes twelve minutes. There is far too much waiting around in general, and worse, in solo you're forced to go four rounds because the first three are one Ambulas, and the fourth is when they start spawning two, but you only need four anyway so it's an entirely pointless extra Ambulas. Two should be spawning at Round 3, that's a good 2-3 minutes shaved off alone from a very tedious mini-defense game.

A far worse problem exists with the Tyl Regor fight. He has excessively long pause phases, both between animations for changing the arena, and all the Manic waves in between. This is made exponentially worse by the fact that Equinox is a double frame farm from the one drop source. I don't think her ability is worth that much to begin with, and it is absolutely not worth the horrific grind presented by another needlessly long boss fight plus her excessive amount of blueprint crafting that takes over a week combined to get through alone.

Please, do reconsider some of these design decisions in the wake of these nodes seeing renewed activity.

3 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Sortie and Steel Path level Vay Hek and Sargas Ruk are also terrible. The health thresholds before they turn damage immune again do not scale well enough into higher levels.

Speaking of, Steel Path Vey Hek was aggravating.

I could swear he was healing during the fight, I never got his HP below a certain threshold before my guns ran out of ammo. I was lucky to have been playing Revenant at the time so I could Reave him down.

Yeah I was also doing ambulas fight for helminth subsuming and I must admit I was very bored during the whole thing but luckily got the parts I needed quick. But anyway most of the time I was just sitting there waiting for the timer to tick down, I wish they just picked off the ambulas units as soon as you downed them... Or made them more challenging/interesting. 

12 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Why does Vay Hek drop Hydroid, instead of the water planet boss Tyl Regor? And why does Tyl Regor drop 8 different parts instead of Vay Hek, who has both night and day phases on his planet? Sucks.

both are a pain in the bum to grind 

Ill Copy from the other topic i made that suggestion regarding Ambulas

I mean the Solution is already in the game

What is the Issue: 

You have No INCENTIVE to engage in the fight. 

You get exp when killing the enemies. > I dont go to an Assassination to farm exp

You get extra loot from killing the enemies > I dont go to an Assassination to get Loot except from the mission End

Does killing them speed up the process? NO

Why kill them? Boredom?

Now lets take a look at Orb Vallis Rescue Missions

You search the bodies, go to a location and hack a Console.

You DONT HAVE to defend it

Just stay AFK there and wait for the timer to finish. 

There is no incentive to kill anyone.

But there is ONE incentive: Reward doubling if you gather the few code cracks to SPEED UP the Process

What can be done? let all the "Repair drones" skip just a FEW seconds off of the 120 seconds defending these ambulas and BOOM Incentive to kill it asap and defend it if the time shaved off is like 50% by this method

About Tyl...i got no idea how to speed that up except a token system where you can simply BUY the equinox Parts you lack after 20 runs of getting duplicates (trade in equinox parts 5x for 1 you WANT so you end up running it minimum 5 times anyway)

Archived