Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the entrati paris mod exilus but the akstilleto one isnt?

Skaleek

12 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

you can't do that, it's intellectually dishonest

you can't put what i said in any terms other than the very same terms which i used

i said what i said and you can't alter that by simplifying it

Not really. You said it "doesn't truly increase DPS". Truly means truthfully, genuinely, or factually, each meaning different things vaguely meaning a form of emphasis that the following statement is true or that you are emotionally sincere with it. So you made the claim that it doesn't increase dps. Then went on to say that it does increase dps by a certain degree.

12 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

you get viral proc on the first hit anyway

with 32% chance and 2.5 multi you only have 62% chance of a proc, and of that 69% would be viral with 1 60% and primed cryo.

that's not true.

i said it doesn't truly increase dps and went on to explain what i mean by than in that same post and in more detail in my subsequent post in the thread

nothing that you say can change that, it's a historic fact

what truly means when i used it is perfectly in bounds of normal english usage and is clear to anyone who doesn't quote and interpret out of context

On 2020-09-15 at 1:08 PM, Deadoon said:

with 32% chance and 2.5 multi you only have 62% chance of a proc, and of that 69% would be viral with 1 60% and primed cryo.

that's broadly in line with getting a proc on the first hit

12 hours ago, Traubenzuckr said:

you should really let @Madway7 answer, you didn't understand him

he said "It was never consistent to begin with.", meaning it wasn't, ever consistent, not before the new paris prime augment, not now

so i asked him how was it not consistent before

Sorry for the late reply, apparently the mobile version of the forums is awful now and no longer supports notifications.

Anyways, the early consistency issue was that the rifle zoom mod was made an exilus, but the pistol zoom mod was not. This seems to have been corrected, but it took at minimum several months.

They even disregarded that the energy mod they added for (non aoe) pistols set the precedent that energy is also fine for weapon exilus, but this did not come with a change to sharpshooter to be exilus despite it not affecting dps in any direct way.

Also there's Tainted Shell, which is still not an exilus mod despite being a dps decrease and only offering accuracy. 

And there's Vigilante Supplies, which indirectly affects dps, but then we could argue about it not being the primary focus of the mod.

In general there is the issue of flight speed and what that entails, because beam range and AoE radius kinda do the same thing yet are not exilus (also Punch Through arguably). Since these mods do not affect the damage dealt in any substantial way, but merely affect the effective range at which the damage is dealt.

On 2020-09-15 at 8:20 AM, Madway7 said:

consistency

DE's consistency is being inconsistent unfortunately.

The healing somewhat justifies it, but on the Paris Prime it's questionable due to how sluggish the bow is still. It could be interestingly powerful if the Augment is:

1. Given to other Prime weapon like the Braton Prime. That does require the healing to be toned down though.
  2. To rework the Augment to not be an Exilus while giving the Paris Prime more of a unique flair to it:

The Augments should be made more appealing like the Akbronco Prime and somewhat the Soma Prime Augments to slot in than to be an Exilus. It should be within the community's opinion of appropriate Augments like Hildryn's Blazing Pillage; very good, but not required on all builds.

Archived