Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE capture bounty bonus objective

Zeclem

theres this bonus objective in capture bounties that go "do not kill anything else before the target" and its the most annoying bonus objective there is because my pet kills before i can finish capturing, failing the bonus objective. game makes sure there are enemies nearby by spawning them just near me as im capturing them as well. and there has been countless times where i actually did succeed in capturing the target before anything else dying but still failed the objective because my pet got a kill right before the bounty reward is given which is even more frustrating.

could you please change this objective so pet kills wont affect it? or at the very least make it so that it counts as completed when you down the capture target rather than waiting for us to capture it? this thing is severely hurting the already annoying farm of gara and revenant.

I did find the bonus objective annoying too. In squad play, it is almost impossible to stop anyone from randomly killing enemies (or stop companion from killing them).

I think they can either change it to located and capture in x min or killing x number of enemies before capturing.

Either way, right now the only way to curtainly bring you this bonus objective easily is to either not bring companion or solo using any Warframe that can stop companion from attacking (invisible, Rift etc.).

Actually this mode is either Bugged or broken because I did this Bounty Solo and Zero Companions with Ivara...

Yet the game Claims I killed Someone Other than the The Capture Target... Which Is a Load Bull S#&$.... I know for a fact that I didn't damage anything other than the Capture Target.

My guess is somewhere nearby a bird or Kavat is getting murdered by the Grinneer or something and that's causing the Bonus Objective To Fail.

Ah yes...

This bonus objective is basically impossible to complete because if /anything/ is killed during it then its failed. It doesn't matter if its killed by you, a pet or the grineer themselves. This makes it near impossible to get the bonus, even with Ivara or another stealth frame. I suspect the "no kill" zone also stretches across the entirety of the plains rather than just in the mission area as well.

As for why it fails with a squad, i cant imagine anyone really goes for that bonus anymore because its so hard to actually get. So people ignore the bonus and finishes the capture without even trying to avoid killing.

Which is why I usually take a sentinel on bounties instead of companion. But while annoying at times, with mysterious enemies dying somewhere, that is still better than the keep above 50% control over an area, that sometimes spawns them in ridiculous locations, or bugs out.

I think overall, since the only thing these bonus objectives do (that is worthwhile) is provide an additional loot roll, they should make it one less. or better yet:

How about bonus slivers. Each bonus objective completed gives you progress towards an additional loot roll upon completing a bounty. This makes running multiple bounties in one run a bit more forgiving, without necessarily affecting the total outcome. Each 5 award a bonus roll. Resets upon exiting the free roam area.

For example: I run my first bounty (Tier 5), but only complete 3 bonus objectives. Then during the second, I complete 4. Upon completing the 2nd bounty, because I have 7 slivers, I get one additional roll and have 2 slivers left over. Rinse and repeat until I leave. This should take care of the issue I believe.

Archived