Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons that need Alt-Fire Toggle.

(PSN)Grim_Dude

This is a list of weapons that desperately need Alt-Fire Toggle like the Stradavar and Tiberon for Quality of Life. These examples use the Secondary Fire like a second trigger for the gun and can be tedious to downright annoying on certain control schemes.

-List-
Athodai
Basmu
Corinth (Prime)
Euphona Prime
Ferrox
Javlok
Scourge

These weapons need a Quality of Life fix to give their Alt-Fires dedicated toggles for consistency with the examples above.

Will update with more examples if I'm missing any.

15 minutes ago, Xrasegot said:

I support the idea ! We need the option to chose between different fire switching mechanics Manual Switch,Aim Switch, or just simple Alt fire. I already made a post about it. 

Very much agreed, this is something simple that's way overdue.

what if i don't want a toggle for some Weapons but prefer having instantaneous use of either mode without any delays.

the only solution, like it has been for years, is for Players to have the ability to choose. the best solution i've been able to come up with is Tap to instant use, Hold to switch like a Toggle.
if you ask what to do about Weapons with 3 Fire Modes, the Weapons that do have 3 Fire Modes shouldn't since atleast one of the modes is literally useless.

Spearguns doesn't fit into this either since they use a Charge, so we're just up a creek on that one but not having a Toggle is exactly what i prefer for those Weapons. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can agree with making it OPTIONAL but I can't agree with making it the default on some guns, mainly weapons like spears or the Athodai/Pandero. This is because alt-fires on those weapons are designed to be single-use shots; you fire them and then either reload or do something else, you can't fire them repeatedly. Adding a mode toggle means you have to press an extra button before firing them, which could be very annoying in quick combat.

Optional yes, default no.

7 hours ago, taiiat said:

what if i don't want a toggle for some Weapons but prefer having instantaneous use of either mode without any delays.

the only solution, like it has been for years, is for Players to have the ability to choose. the best solution i've been able to come up with is Tap to instant use, Hold to switch like a Toggle.
if you ask what to do about Weapons with 3 Fire Modes, the Weapons that do have 3 Fire Modes shouldn't since atleast one of the modes is literally useless.

Spearguns doesn't fit into this either since they use a Charge, so we're just up a creek on that one but not having a Toggle is exactly what i prefer for those Weapons. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alt-Fire choice would be a decent enough option for the weapons capable.

Also imagined it would be good on Spearguns to where it would be like throwing a fishing spear.

7 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

I can agree with making it OPTIONAL but I can't agree with making it the default on some guns, mainly weapons like spears or the Athodai/Pandero. This is because alt-fires on those weapons are designed to be single-use shots; you fire them and then either reload or do something else, you can't fire them repeatedly. Adding a mode toggle means you have to press an extra button before firing them, which could be very annoying in quick combat.

Optional yes, default no.

Yeeaaah, this is one of those instances where I didn't think it out far enough with variety in mind.

Perhaps have the option in the Gun's Modding menu.

Terribly sorry for making it sound like it needed to be a hard change.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Grim_Dude said:

Alt-Fire choice would be a decent enough option for the weapons capable.

12 hours ago, taiiat said:

the best solution i've been able to come up with is Tap to instant use, Hold to switch like a Toggle.

as aforementioned, for most Weapons atleast, there doesn't need to be an actual Setting, can be done with the button for it. i'm willing to take that free win for those that are compatible with it, and then find something to do for the rest like Spearguns.

(and just removing one of the Firemodes from any Weapon that currently has 3 because all of the ones with 3 have one mode that serves no purpose at all and just adds clutter anyways)

Archived