Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some connection I've thought, but I'm sure you'll hate it

Since some people say things in warframe are islands having their own things and having no connection to other aspect like railjack, I have things to make it somewhat connected

Railjack

For railjack, just a hunch, but one day, DE might turn the story where the solar rails died, means other than your railjack, no way to go from planet to planet. Now you have to use your railjack to reach every planet and access mission nodes because it's the only one thing with the void technology power from the reliquary drive, leaving your orbiter in one planet and you have to go back to said planet to access it

Alert

As for alert, I've been thinking about turning people in Cetus and Fortuna as the "alert giver", informing you about time limited mission that gives things, even a chance to obtain vaulted relic but yeah, now you have to go there and talk to them to take the "bounty mission"

Kuva lich

For lich, have a read at this thread

Conclave

Yeah, you read it right, Conclave and I'm making it having some extra to get to the game. First thing is putting a daily, weekly and elite weekly conclave mission to nightwave as listed

- Daily : Play a conclave match

- Weekly : Play 5 conclave matches

- Elite Weekly : Win 3 conclave matches in a row

Also, there will be some conclave exclusive weapons *evil laughter*

First one is obviously Teshin's twin nikana, with the BP from steel path and the parts from rank 5 conclave (now you people have reason to play PvP right?). More will be added later

If there's any "island" I missed, let me know

3 hours ago, 844448 said:

Since some people say things in warframe are islands having their own things and having no connection to other aspect like railjack, I have things to make it somewhat connected

1. Railjack

For railjack, just a hunch, but one day, DE might turn the story where the solar rails died, means other than your railjack, no way to go from planet to planet. Now you have to use your railjack to reach every planet and access mission nodes because it's the only one thing with the void technology power from the reliquary drive, leaving your orbiter in one planet and you have to go back to said planet to access it

2. Alert

As for alert, I've been thinking about turning people in Cetus and Fortuna as the "alert giver", informing you about time limited mission that gives things, even a chance to obtain vaulted relic but yeah, now you have to go there and talk to them to take the "bounty mission"

3. Kuva lich

4. Conclave

Yeah, you read it right, Conclave and I'm making it having some extra to get to the game. First thing is putting a daily, weekly and elite weekly conclave mission to nightwave as listed

First one is obviously Teshin's twin nikana, with the BP from steel path and the parts from rank 5 conclave (now you people have reason to play PvP right?). More will be added later

1. Given that the Railjack is not only expensive, but also that "Rising Tides" is somewhat a story quest, I doubt. At best I could se Railjack being used to transfer between open worlds whiteout having to go back to the Orbiter.

2. The whole meaning behind the Night Wave was to remove Alerts from the game, it makes no sense for DE to add Alerts back into the game in the form of Vaulted Relics, which are Vaulted for a reason.

3. Kuva Liches are a whole bigger problem, the issue whit them was how DE presented them. DE stated they would be opponents that would share a long history whit you, yet we can kill one in a day. Unless DE somehow limits how fast we can kill a Lich so it becomes a long term enemy, and gives us a reason to actual get one apart from the weapons (like give us 2x-3x the amount of items it steals since they should also be stealing from colonies and from the planet itself) it wont be fixed, even if the Lich has a bigger presence in the game, since that wouldn't fix anything specially wen you can melt its HP bars it in 5s whit a Mesa.

4. Conclave isnt the same type of content island as the 3 above. The 3 above share something in common, they are all part of the PvE experience and will or already somehow interact whit the core game, while also giving things that you can use for the core game (As stated above, I think DEs intention is to make RJs basically a way between open worlds). The issue whit Conclave is that it is boring, giving it things that are worth it or forcing people to play it wont make it less boring or more enjoyable, specially for people who just like PvE. Forcing PvP onto the playerbase is a bad idea, instead DE should make actual enjoyable PvP games.

Want some ideas, here: "Archwing  Mario Kart style space races", "K-drive Mario Kart style races", "Frame fighters being linked whit Conclave", "Necramech brawls whit no ability's or archguns, just punching", "Simon says" (They showed this once, where players had to perform a action in a set time), "Mario Party style system where it puts 4 players against each other in minigames to get standing".

Basically, DE needs to make Conclave fun, the current gamemodes dont make it fun, Lunaro is just a boring Warframe football and the PvP gamemodes are chaotic whit more then 3 people.

This is my take on this.

11 hours ago, 844448 said:

Railjack

Alert

Kuva lich

Conclave

Your railjack idea is awful in my opinion since new players and low mr players won't bother themselves on the grind of railjack, not in its current state.

Conclave you can just forget it, that should have been on the chopping block instead of raids. Warframe is a squad based mmo and conclave in its current iteration is god awful.

I agree that alerts should return again in some form. Nightwave is just becoming a chore that sticks around for months on end.

8 hours ago, 844448 said:

Railjack

assuming Railjack hasn't been abandoned entirely,- I don't believe that, but most people are quick to point out how it's currently abandoned - I hope for all the thigns we were originally promised at the TennoCon Reveal. anything else really is just a bonus.

Alert

we literally have these; they're called bounties. they rotate, they give things, and you have to tallk to an Open World NPC to do them. Nightwave replaced alerts, and if DE could just find a way to update it more frequently and make it less resource intensive, they could be onto someting: as it stands now though, there's just too long inbetween seasons to cover the gap that was left behind by removign alerts (alerts did kind of suck BTW, there's something wrong if you need to be on at 4AM for your once-in-a-month shot at Vauban's aprts, and other shenanigans.)

Kuva lich

I do want Corpus and Infested Liches, but unless the Lich system gets reworked, myself and anyone else who wants more Liches will be stuck in a microscopic and silent pool, unable to make enough noise to get what we want: the system needs to be made less time consuming and the Liches to feel like more of a genuine nemesis rather than a bullet sponge that steals 1% of your Alloy Plate haul for each mission. get some Lich Railjack missions going, have them appear in open worlds too etc, that could be fun IMO.

Conclave

200.gif

just. let. it. die. please. if Conclave could talk it would be begging to be put down. Teshin's Dual Nikana can be a Steel Path reward instead, now THAT'S a good reason to bother with Steel Path IMO. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

200.gif

just. let. it. die. please. if Conclave could talk it would be begging to be put down. Teshin's Dual Nikana can be a Steel Path reward instead, now THAT'S a good reason to bother with Steel Path IMO. 

You can put that there, and add all of the Conclave skins to his offerings as well. Each skin is 20 Essence or something. Throw in some more of the Conclave Mods into his store as well (with some PvE tweaks of course), make them 30 each. Give him a few Orbiter decorations and the rest of the Conclave armor pieces and he'd be a full-fledged Syndicate store.

I know we have a few people who want Conclave to stick around, but as you've stated, it should probably just be put down out back. DE is never going to invest any worthwhile effort into the gamemode anymore, and have only added small bugfixes or weapons every so often (yet this seems to have actually stopped for the past two years). They tried of course, there was all of the events, Lunaro, but it's pretty apparent nobody cared about any of them. So why even still have it?

I understand keeping something if enough people play it, but does it even make sense when it's just going to stagnate and be left to rot? You can look at the recent balance of the mode for an example, and holy hell is it the worst it has ever been, none of the new weapons have been properly balanced at all so everyone's just getting creamed in seconds. The gamemode has always been a tacked-on, low effort mess and I hardly ever enjoyed it because of that. Also, this isn't some specific hatred from PvP talking, there's plenty of things in this game I'd say warrant removal now that better/more important things have come out. For instance, I'd really like it if Archwing missions were pretty much just taken out and replaced with RJ, or better yet, retro-fitted to include the RJ, as there's no real point in separating the two. Just include Archwing-Only segments in RJ.

I don't know, I just don't see the point of having something when it's literally a cosmetic-hub and offers nothing else to you outside of that. 

20 hours ago, (PS4)I_I_Hope_I_I said:

1. Given that the Railjack is not only expensive, but also that "Rising Tides" is somewhat a story quest, I doubt. At best I could se Railjack being used to transfer between open worlds whiteout having to go back to the Orbiter.

Now we can put story behind railjack, making a sense of progression that people in this forum want

2. The whole meaning behind the Night Wave was to remove Alerts from the game, it makes no sense for DE to add Alerts back into the game in the form of Vaulted Relics, which are Vaulted for a reason.

Tell that to those who say alert makes star chart more alive and relevant, and at least we can integrate the "islands" by making them having some connection to star chart instead of being non-interactive NPC

3. Kuva Liches are a whole bigger problem, the issue whit them was how DE presented them. DE stated they would be opponents that would share a long history whit you, yet we can kill one in a day. Unless DE somehow limits how fast we can kill a Lich so it becomes a long term enemy, and gives us a reason to actual get one apart from the weapons (like give us 2x-3x the amount of items it steals since they should also be stealing from colonies and from the planet itself) it wont be fixed, even if the Lich has a bigger presence in the game, since that wouldn't fix anything specially wen you can melt its HP bars it in 5s whit a Mesa.

Well, considering that the first thing that the lich barely being in the play where you only hunt thralls, first thing would be making them more involved but long history? I don't think that will work considering people have little of patience to get something so I made some basic improvements first

4. Conclave isnt the same type of content island as the 3 above. The 3 above share something in common, they are all part of the PvE experience and will or already somehow interact whit the core game, while also giving things that you can use for the core game (As stated above, I think DEs intention is to make RJs basically a way between open worlds). The issue whit Conclave is that it is boring, giving it things that are worth it or forcing people to play it wont make it less boring or more enjoyable, specially for people who just like PvE. Forcing PvP onto the playerbase is a bad idea, instead DE should make actual enjoyable PvP games.

Want some ideas, here: "Archwing  Mario Kart style space races", "K-drive Mario Kart style races", "Frame fighters being linked whit Conclave", "Necramech brawls whit no ability's or archguns, just punching", "Simon says" (They showed this once, where players had to perform a action in a set time), "Mario Party style system where it puts 4 players against each other in minigames to get standing".

Basically, DE needs to make Conclave fun, the current gamemodes dont make it fun, Lunaro is just a boring Warframe football and the PvP gamemodes are chaotic whit more then 3 people.

Fun is subjective, your ideas can be made into new modes but saying PvP is boring is subjective

20 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

Your railjack idea is awful in my opinion since new players and low mr players won't bother themselves on the grind of railjack, not in its current state.

Conclave you can just forget it, that should have been on the chopping block instead of raids. Warframe is a squad based mmo and conclave in its current iteration is god awful.

I agree that alerts should return again in some form. Nightwave is just becoming a chore that sticks around for months on end.

No one is forcing the new players and low mr players to have them, but upcoming story might revolve around railjack so you need to go through the "progression" that people want eventually, instead of being an island as a reason to start any complain about "island" again

Conclave? sorry, even a squad based game still have some PvP and they also work on it so why warframe suddenly forbidden to have PvP?

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

1. Now we can put story behind railjack, making a sense of progression that people in this forum want

2. Tell that to those who say alert makes star chart more alive and relevant, and at least we can integrate the "islands" by making them having some connection to star chart instead of being non-interactive NPC

3. Well, considering that the first thing that the lich barely being in the play where you only hunt thralls, first thing would be making them more involved but long history? I don't think that will work considering people have little of patience to get something so I made some basic improvements first

4. Fun is subjective, your ideas can be made into new modes but saying PvP is boring is subjective

1. It already has lore, Railjacks are old war Tenno armadas used to fight off Sentients. The reason why the quest cannot be moved from after "The War Within" is that it literally has content that isnt known of until you do "The War Within" or gain access to the Necraloid syndicate on Daimos, his includes the lore behind the Reliquary Drive and Veil Proxima.

2. They dont, you getting a random out of context alert that tells you to go do a random mission for a random reward doesn't make the system feel more alive at all, it just makes Lotus spam you whit "There is a new alert" every 5m and basically places rewards behind a RNG time wall, Nightwave was made to get rid of that wall by replacing it whit a monetary coin that makes you able to get the things you need whiteout having to stay online hoping for them to pop up, as was the issue whit Nitain.

If DE wants to actually use the Open World NPCs to make them feel more alive, they should introduce them to missions outside of their Open Worlds, like they kind did whit Little Duck, making them give Vaulted Relics which are vaulted for a reason isnt the answer.

3. Lichs are just major issues all around. DE making their whole purpose their Weapons and Ephemera's makes them unable to become long term, as people would hate to have to wait 1-2 weeks to change Lichs if they want to farm, if DE hadn't done this and maybe kept them as resource multipliers, this would make them beneficial to keep long term, since if they had a 2x-3x multiplier to the resources they stole, the more resources they would rub the better, making people want to actually keep them around.

There is also the issue that their development sucks, all they get from leveling up is a level difficulty increase on them and their missions. I believe they should change the way they develop by making it a specific missions instead of a random spawn, basically making you have to do several of its missions to track him down and go to its current base and deal whit his crew before they let you reach him, basically making this mission harder and harder whit R5 having his crew be several high level Grinner like Noxes, Hyeka Masters, Nepalms, Manics and so on, while only letting you rank him up every 3-4 days to make him long term and pick up resources for the multiplier aspect I talked above.

Overall, Lichs can be fixed, but DE would have to do a complete overhaul to them.

4. It would be subjective if it wasnt the truth.

Majority of the Warframe community doesn't do PvP, so saying my opinion is subjective is a fallacy, as I am stating it is boring based on the fact that most of the playerbase avoids Conclave whit their souls, and if they dont do it because they find it boring, they do it because the find it bad, either way you idea is bad, as you are asking DE to basically bribe people into playing something that the majority has told them to overhaul many times.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The overall issue whit your ideas is that you want DE to connected things into the game in ways they cant and shouldn't.

Railjack can be connected but only used for openworlds and travels between missions, the quest requirements cannot change for both lore reasons and logic reasons.

Open World NPCs can be better used and DE has shown that whit Little Duck, DE simply needs to introduce them to the outside of their open worlds, make them have missions in their planet instead of having the Lotus tell you the same thing for the 50th time every time you do a Venus extermination, I sure as hell would like Eudico to pop up wen I am doing a spy missions on Venus and make them Solaris related, I would like Konzo to actually care about Earth as a whole and not just PoE, I would love if the Entrati actually had something to say wen we go to the Derelicts and Orokin Towers in the Void.

Lichs need to be COMPLETELY changed for them to actually function as a threat. Right now they are just low level player traps.

Conclave needs to be scraped and remade into games that people actually wanna do, because the people have talked and shooting each other, capturing flags and playing Warframe football doesn't seem to be the overall playerbase idea of "FUN".

On 2020-09-23 at 9:28 PM, 844448 said:

Alert

This actually could be a good way to ease new players into Cetus/Fortuna without them needing to run bounties, get a mission/quest from a vendor and complete it for some small respective faction standing and a few basic resources (maybe also rarely some Niatin for a non-Nightwave method) and make it tied to specific nodes, no modifiers, just "Complete a mission on X node".

Rotate it daily and you've got a decent "newbie quests" system that can be left behind by more advanced players but still encourage matchmaking due to having fixed daily nodes.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

This actually could be a good way to ease new players into Cetus/Fortuna without them needing to run bounties, get a mission/quest from a vendor and complete it for some small respective faction standing and a few basic resources (maybe also rarely some Niatin for a non-Nightwave method) and make it tied to specific nodes, no modifiers, just "Complete a mission on X node".

Rotate it daily and you've got a decent "newbie quests" system that can be left behind by more advanced players but still encourage matchmaking due to having fixed daily nodes.

But is having new player literally go outside of the open worlds the best way to ease them into them ? I mean, isnt that basically giving them a way out of not doing the open worlds, I would guess it would be a bigger shock going into the open worlds whit the amount of standing R2 requires compared to R1.

I do think the NPCs should have presence outside the open worlds to make them feel more connected to the overall game, I mean, Biz and Eudico can contact you from Fortuna to a Nef armada and Little Duck can talk to you anywhere in a disruption missions so there is nothing stoping them, I would like to see Eudico pop up every now and then on a Venus mission to make the mission seem Vox Solaris related, Have the Konzo or Unko pop up on Earth missions and some times in Vayhek assassinations to make it seem the mission is related to Cetus or the Quills, and have the Entrati or Loid contact you in Orokin Derelic and Void missons, obviously all this only after meeting them, I just dont think this missions should be as important as you want them to be, specially not something worth droping Nitain, I guess they could give 200 standing at the end of missions that become syndicate related but I think the Ores should stay in the open worlds.

I would say a better way to make newbies more into the open world systems is having the vendors have daily "missions" INSIDE the open worlds, like the Fisher NPC asking you to to catch 3 random fish, or the miner NPC asking you to mine 3 random ore vain, the weapon smith NPC asking you to kill a few enemies whit a primary, secondary or melee, there could also be more complex missions like the fisher giving you a bait that expires by the end of the day and tell you to catch a specific fish for them, basically, give newbies a tutorial on how things work trough daily missions that rotate while rewarding them small quantities of standing that doesn't reduce the grind by much, like 100-200 standing per mission together whit the resources they got from doing it.

8 hours ago, (PS4)I_I_Hope_I_I said:

But is having new player literally go outside of the open worlds the best way to ease them into them ? I mean, isnt that basically giving them a way out of not doing the open worlds, I would guess it would be a bigger shock going into the open worlds whit the amount of standing R2 requires compared to R1.

The biggest issue I had going into open worlds was the initial standing curve, I was lucky enough to have a somewhat decent arsenal at the time due to being a pre-Specters of the Rail player so doing bounties 1-3 was a reasonable option and I already had star chart progress.

Having an option for new players to continue with the star chart and still get that basic starting standing out of the way so they can afford the fishing/mining gear would be a better alternative to trying to get too deep into the Open Worlds with a MK-1 weapon and getting frustrated with it.

Right now I'd put a big amount of the problem with open worlds and new players is that it stops their star chart progress dead and does little to give them what they need to progress and gear up in terms of resources, having an alternative method that takes place off-world that new players can use to get standing and resources will aid in preventing that issue.

21 hours ago, (PS4)I_I_Hope_I_I said:

1. It already has lore, Railjacks are old war Tenno armadas used to fight off Sentients. The reason why the quest cannot be moved from after "The War Within" is that it literally has content that isnt known of until you do "The War Within" or gain access to the Necraloid syndicate on Daimos, his includes the lore behind the Reliquary Drive and Veil Proxima.

I think you misunderstand, right now there's no progression needed for railjack once you finished rising tides and not much use outside the railjack mode and scarlet spear so the upcoming story mission is tied to railjack. Who knows what will happen, but it's possible that once you finished this story, solar rails will be dead and now you don't use your landing craft anymore, only railjack

22 hours ago, (PS4)I_I_Hope_I_I said:

2. They dont, you getting a random out of context alert that tells you to go do a random mission for a random reward doesn't make the system feel more alive at all, it just makes Lotus spam you whit "There is a new alert" every 5m and basically places rewards behind a RNG time wall, Nightwave was made to get rid of that wall by replacing it whit a monetary coin that makes you able to get the things you need whiteout having to stay online hoping for them to pop up, as was the issue whit Nitain.

And we have people want the alert to be back so we make it similar to bounty, except that it's not a "There is a new alert" spam, but a random mission given to you when you visit cetus or fortuna by an NPC there, giving you the time limited mission in the star chart for some extra

Or we can make Konzu or Eudico being our contact for those NPC where you can call them from orbiter and get the alert

3. Lichs are just major issues all around. DE making their whole purpose their Weapons and Ephemera's makes them unable to become long term, as people would hate to have to wait 1-2 weeks to change Lichs if they want to farm, if DE hadn't done this and maybe kept them as resource multipliers, this would make them beneficial to keep long term, since if they had a 2x-3x multiplier to the resources they stole, the more resources they would rub the better, making people want to actually keep them around.

There is also the issue that their development sucks, all they get from leveling up is a level difficulty increase on them and their missions. I believe they should change the way they develop by making it a specific missions instead of a random spawn, basically making you have to do several of its missions to track him down and go to its current base and deal whit his crew before they let you reach him, basically making this mission harder and harder whit R5 having his crew be several high level Grinner like Noxes, Hyeka Masters, Nepalms, Manics and so on, while only letting you rank him up every 3-4 days to make him long term and pick up resources for the multiplier aspect I talked above.

Overall, Lichs can be fixed, but DE would have to do a complete overhaul to them.

That can work, but for now let's focus on the encounter first because your model of doing several missions to track the lich and go to its current base and dealing with the crew is pretty much similar to our current thrall hunting except no base and such, but high level Grineer like Nox, Hyekka Master, Napalm, Manic and so on? Another addition to my thread. I would need some time to consider with the multiplier aspect though, considering they will have little meaning once you have millions of resources

4. It would be subjective if it wasnt the truth.

Majority of the Warframe community doesn't do PvP, so saying my opinion is subjective is a fallacy, as I am stating it is boring based on the fact that most of the playerbase avoids Conclave whit their souls, and if they dont do it because they find it boring, they do it because the find it bad, either way you idea is bad, as you are asking DE to basically bribe people into playing something that the majority has told them to overhaul many times.

And we need to see why they don't want to do PvP. Your statement on PvP being boring is subjective because there's a discord for conclave players and most of the playerbase, not all so there are players that enjoy conclave and for overhaul? Mostly not making sense like fighting as grineer or corpus and they don't like fighting lightning fast enemies (really, you're a Tenno and you complain a Tenno being too fast? But at the same time complain enemies can't fight us?)

On 2020-09-24 at 6:10 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

That's why I separate it, the blueprint from steel path with parts from conclave, now you have reason to bother with both

16 hours ago, Aldain said:

The biggest issue I had going into open worlds was the initial standing curve, I was lucky enough to have a somewhat decent arsenal at the time due to being a pre-Specters of the Rail player so doing bounties 1-3 was a reasonable option and I already had star chart progress.

Having an option for new players to continue with the star chart and still get that basic starting standing out of the way so they can afford the fishing/mining gear would be a better alternative to trying to get too deep into the Open Worlds with a MK-1 weapon and getting frustrated with it.

Right now I'd put a big amount of the problem with open worlds and new players is that it stops their star chart progress dead and does little to give them what they need to progress and gear up in terms of resources, having an alternative method that takes place off-world that new players can use to get standing and resources will aid in preventing that issue.

But if the issue is power level, wouldn't that be better fixed if DE came up whit a better gateing system compared to MR ?

I am saying this because as you said, the overall issue whit getting standing is having poor gear to do so, so even if they got MR outside the planet for the fishing and mining gear, they would still not be able to do bounty's because of the poor gear, no ? Meaning that even if they got to R1, R2-R3 would still pose newbies a issue.

And why does it "stop their starchart process" ? Pretty sure you can do the quest and be done whit them till you want to go back to them again, its their decision to pick weather they want to invest their time on the open worlds or move on whit the starchart.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)I_I_Hope_I_I said:

And why does it "stop their starchart process" ?

Because you have to commit a fair amount of time to any open world, and this time increases further if your gear isn't letting you blow through things.

The reason why I'm against outright gating is because of 2 reasons, firstly people see them and go "Wait how much do I have to do to reach this? Ah screw it I'm just gonna go play -insert game here- instead", and secondly it creates a very stilted and disjointed progression setup if implemented too early in the progression system.

That's why having "off-world alerts" give standing for the open world would help interconnect things, you go to the open world vendors, do the basic quest, grab some alerts and go back to the star chart, allowing you to get some small amount of progress in the faction while still clearing out nodes and getting deeper in the star chart, as well as getting more than the limited pool of resources open worlds have for use in the more universal types of gear/Warframes.

Right now the game is hopelessly fractured, and each of the open worlds suffers majorly from the "Content Island" problem, by giving some parallel progression options to new players you can soften the initial blow and overwhelming investment that the open worlds require as well as gently nudge the player to continue with the star chart with some bread crumbs to follow.

As it currently stands though a new player will see an open world within their first hour, get overwhelmed by or lost in it (which happened to 3 of my friends despite my best efforts), and can easily give up on the game entirely, having ways to say "hey go do this stuff on the star chart to help us out" will direct people away from that until they are more ready, at least in theory as well as let them get somewhere past that rank 0 dead zone.

5 hours ago, 844448 said:

I think you misunderstand, right now there's no progression needed for railjack once you finished rising tides and not much use outside the railjack mode and scarlet spear so the upcoming story mission is tied to railjack. Who knows what will happen, but it's possible that once you finished this story, solar rails will be dead and now you don't use your landing craft anymore, only railjack

And we have people want the alert to be back so we make it similar to bounty, except that it's not a "There is a new alert" spam, but a random mission given to you when you visit cetus or fortuna by an NPC there, giving you the time limited mission in the star chart for some extra

Or we can make Konzu or Eudico being our contact for those NPC where you can call them from orbiter and get the alert

That can work, but for now let's focus on the encounter first because your model of doing several missions to track the lich and go to its current base and dealing with the crew is pretty much similar to our current thrall hunting except no base and such, but high level Grineer like Nox, Hyekka Master, Napalm, Manic and so on? Another addition to my thread. I would need some time to consider with the multiplier aspect though, considering they will have little meaning once you have millions of resources

And we need to see why they don't want to do PvP. Your statement on PvP being boring is subjective because there's a discord for conclave players and most of the playerbase, not all so there are players that enjoy conclave and for overhaul? Mostly not making sense like fighting as grineer or corpus and they don't like fighting lightning fast enemies (really, you're a Tenno and you complain a Tenno being too fast? But at the same time complain enemies can't fight us?)

1. Again, that idea makes no sense, that would still make Railjack a content island, as it being used for travel between planets to do missions doesn't make any more disconnected. The only way for your "idea" to work would be requiring you to fight off enemies in between planet travel, which seems like forcing content on players just to make the RJ get used, specially because people dont want to do a random space fight every time they switch planets.

Basically, what I am saying is that DE most likely wont do that, since your Orbiter is literally our source of transportation between planets, whit our Lisets being our planetary landing craft, do you want DE to just have the Orbiter in 1 place or something ?

2. Again, why ? Its not a system we need, so why ? So now just because my Orbiter to have a bathroom it should be added ?

Alerts were removed for a reason, they were a poor method of getting items, making them a daily thing from a random NPC doesnt make sense.

I already gave you a better option, have the NPCs give daily quests to things related to the open world, basically small tutorials for new people to lern the mechanics whit these daily rotative quests, and have the NPCs randomly become your guides in missions outside of their open worlds, like Konzu on Earth, Eudico on Venus and the Entrati on Deimos and Void, whit this missions rewarding you whit like 200 standing at the end of them, just to make it seem like the NPCs do something outside their open world.

3. "Millions of resources" Whit the Helminth system many people have started to deplete their saving, having a good source of common resources like the Lichs would be amazing.

And again, the issue whit the encounters would be fixed whit the bases, I just think that the Lich missions should be more... scripted.

Missions should have the Lich talk to you via the communications since you are quite literally disrupting his operations, while also having the missions have some changes, same for the Thralls, like this:

• Spys should require you to get the door code from a trusted Thrall to open the spy vault doors, while also placing you on a timer and fully alerting enemies, since the Lich would know you were there.
  • Sabotages should be similar to Earth sabotage and have you defend a hacking console to deactivate the reactor protection so you can destroy it.
  • Survivals should become 10m locked and have the Lich send a Thrall at you every 2m, this Thrall will stop the timer while alive. Whit the pretense being that a Tenno operative is there getting info on the Lichs location
  • Exterminations should have optional tasks to make you able to make the missions dont seem all the same, like a random vault appearing or a random hack console being available to be protected for information.
  • Captures should require you to cause x amount of destruction for the workers to rat out a trusted Thrall that is hidden from you in a locked room.
  • Defenses should have you exclusively protect Tenno operatives that infiltrated the base for information.

Basically, the missions should be focused on the Lich, and use the Thralls as a way to get the coordinates to the Lich base.

Then DE should limit people to only being able to do a Lich missions every 10m, whit the Base only showing up after you cleared all the controlled missions, making it properly time gates and somewhat forcing the long term stay of the Lich, specially R5 ones since they control like half the system.

Then have the Base server as the Requiem checkers, basically, leting you try 2 times to get the 3 right requiems before he ranks up, failing R1 would reveal his 1st requiem, failing R3 would reveal his 2nd, and failing R5 would basically reveal his last requiem , meaning that R1 would give you 2 chances to find his all his requiems, if failed, R2 and R3 would give you 4 chances to find out his 2nd requiem (given that failing R1 gives you his 1st), R4 and R5 would give you 4 chances to find the requiems before just giving you the combination if you fail R5 2 times.

Basically, make the Thralls just tanky/bullet sponge enemies that serve a purpose on the missions and are basically just enemies that know where the base is located, kill all of them (complete every controled node basically) and the location of the Lech is revealed to you.

This is my idea of a Lich "Rework".

4. You missed my point completly...

Saying something is subjective would mean that I am stating something from my own opinion, which I am not, I am stating it based on the fact that the BIG MAJORITY of the playerbase DOES NOT like Conclave, be it because it is boring or because its simply not enjoyable, I am not calling it "boring" out of my behind, I am stating it is boring because thats a known opinion that the community has.

And your logic has flaws, Warframe is a POWER FANTASY game, which is something that PvP removes, as it basically puts you on a fight against unpredictable enemies and makes your weapons deal as much damage as a moded Kraken in PvE, so if people are used to the POWER FANTASY aspect that PvE has, obviously they wont exactly feel attracted to having to fight players whit the same unpredictable movement and dmg output as them.

Hence why my idea of adding gamemodes that dont focus on people killing each other using Warframes.

Necramechs are slow, make their melee have knockback, combos and a parry/counter to avoid dmg and you have a gamemode that doesnt require you to break your eyes trying to aim at a flying pixel.

K-drive races whit Mario-Kart aspects would also add a new flavor of PvP to the table.

Minigames that have people go against each other on points instead of kills would maybe bring the people that arent keen on fighting.

I am not saying to remove the other gamemodes, but what I am saying is that DE needs to add things that cater to EVERYONE, not just the couple people on the "Conclave Discord", because trying to bribe people into playing gamemodes that its clear they dont like isnt the best answer to them making Conclave relevant.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Because you have to commit a fair amount of time to any open world, and this time increases further if your gear isn't letting you blow through things.

The reason why I'm against outright gating is because of 2 reasons, firstly people see them and go "Wait how much do I have to do to reach this? Ah screw it I'm just gonna go play -insert game here- instead", and secondly it creates a very stilted and disjointed progression setup if implemented too early in the progression system.

That's why having "off-world alerts" give standing for the open world would help interconnect things, you go to the open world vendors, do the basic quest, grab some alerts and go back to the star chart, allowing you to get some small amount of progress in the faction while still clearing out nodes and getting deeper in the star chart, as well as getting more than the limited pool of resources open worlds have for use in the more universal types of gear/Warframes.

Right now the game is hopelessly fractured, and each of the open worlds suffers majorly from the "Content Island" problem, by giving some parallel progression options to new players you can soften the initial blow and overwhelming investment that the open worlds require as well as gently nudge the player to continue with the star chart with some bread crumbs to follow.

As it currently stands though a new player will see an open world within their first hour, get overwhelmed by or lost in it (which happened to 3 of my friends despite my best efforts), and can easily give up on the game entirely, having ways to say "hey go do this stuff on the star chart to help us out" will direct people away from that until they are more ready, at least in theory as well as let them get somewhere past that rank 0 dead zone.

Then, how about having this "Daily Quests" I talked about be part of the Tutorial ?

Basically, instead of the first thing the NPCs make you do wen you get to the open world is a Bounty or a Quest, why not have them make you do a small introduction tutorial where, for example, the NPC in charge will tell you to visit the respective vendors and the vendors will give you a quest that you will need to do before talking whit the other vendor to get the next one, basically, this wold introduce them to the mechanics of Conservation, Fishing and Mining before sending them into a bounty, while also give them some standing to show that they can get standing from these quest and explain them how to use the Vendors for standing (basically tell them that they can sell fish and ores for standing).

Again, my issue whit the "interconnecting" is that it isnt "interconnecting" at all. Having the vendors give you a random mission on the outside is the same as the Lotus giving you out of context alerts, all it does is give the new players the standing and leave them asking why exactly the NPC even wanted you to do that mission, specially since the NPCs giving you the mission would have as much knowledge about the outside world as Nakak, hence why my suggestion on the open world main NPCs being guides for their planets (Vox Solaris crew for Venus and Nef Anio several planetary Fleets (basically Eudico, Bizz and Little Duck) Konzu and Saya for Earth, Entrati and Otak for Deimos, Void and Lua and have Onkko pop up every now and then on Lua missions because of the Sentients)

As that would actually make sense, as these NPCs are the only ones whit actual means of getting information from outside the open worlds and have reason to want you to help them.

Have these missions give you 200 standing and you have basically what you want whiteout it seeming far fetched.

Plus. this could be locked to Cetus and have Fortuna and Deimos simply explain how their new type of fishing works.

Archived