The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is negative status duration bad to have on a riven?

cookoothepriest

Question

9 answers to this question

Most status effects last 6 seconds, so with neg 50% status that's 3 seconds. Considering you are using the paracesis with a good riven if your regular grinder or corpus is taking more then 3 seconds to die then we have a problem.  In my book for most weapons neg status durarion is a free negative. 

Your best bet is to chose it and see if you like it. If you dont like it then you will know not to pick it for the future, theres always a better roll.

Edit: just thought about the arguement that neg status duration will hurt slash and DoT procs. Yes, technically it will since less durations means less slash ticks happening, but most things, even on SP, will die to 2 or 3 slash procs from a paracesis so I wouldn't worry

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Rizghaz11 said:

Most status effects last 6 seconds, so with neg 50% status that's 3 seconds. Considering you are using the paracesis with a good riven if your regular grinder or corpus is taking more then 3 seconds to die then we have a problem.  In my book for most weapons neg status durarion is a free negative. 

Your best bet is to chose it and see if you like it. If you dont like it then you will know not to pick it for the future, theres always a better roll.

Edit: just thought about the arguement that neg status duration will hurt slash and DoT procs. Yes, technically it will since less durations means less slash ticks happening, but most things, even on SP, will die to 2 or 3 slash procs from a paracesis so I wouldn't worry

Thanks! If it doesn't work out I can always reroll! Enjoy the rest of your day!

it's not great generally, but at the same time Paracesis doesn't need to rely on spamming Status to be able to perform IMO. but i also use Paracesis in a relatively unconventional way.

i think you can live with weaker Status performance, but it isn't desirable by any means.

Depends on the weapon.

A crit-heavy secondary or Melee probably won't notice, as status effects aren't a major part of their playstyle and output. Hybrids likely won't either, since having both means that ideally you'll overwhelm the target with firepower and both crit and viral mulipliers to eradicate them off the face of the earth. However, Hunter Munitions weapons and of course status weapons will have an issue, particularly if they're of the 'lots of statuses in big slow chunks' variety like Tigris. In other words, if the weapon is reliant on Damage-over-time, then it's a major weakness, as this halves your damage potential. If it's burst or sustained fire, you likely won't notice.

even if you relied on direct damage as opposed to damage-over-time, and even if you used corrosive, you would definitely see a big difference immediately between a riven with and without -sd

when corrosive proc changed to how it is now, i tried out several of my rivens with -sd and they were bad

if you rely on direct damage only and have only around -50% sd or less, that is however manageable, but it gets progressively worse as the percentage increases

any riven with close to -100% status chance on a weapon that *can* proc status (come can't or almost can't) is instant trash

if the only function of paracesis for you is to kill sentient, than -sd doesn't matter at all, but it shouldn't be it's only function because there are usually other factions present in the mission

If you're focusing on Crit, then it's a great negative to get.  But if you are going to rely on DoT or can't kill the target in a small amount of time then best to move on.  That said, for the majority of content the negative duration is NBD as the target will in most cases be dead before the status effect wears off; high level content is where this can become an issue though the easy fix to that in your case is using abilities, secondary, or primary to establish the status effect.  

17 hours ago, cookoothepriest said:

the second roll is +60% crit damage, +64% electricity, 1.3 range, and -49.9% status duration

Ya, I'd use that.

Archived