The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wasnt the goal a LESS grindy game?

(PSN)Deathscythex01

On 2020-09-27 at 11:18 PM, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

"The youtubers told me to be mad."

Blah. Does anyone else get tired of seeing people completely delegitimize a post with comments like these and get a ton of favorable "likes". I get it, but mentally its a stale approach to things and I don't get why mods let it fly around here. Anyway, forums. Shrug. 

19 minutes ago, ikkabotz said:

Blah. Does anyone else get tired of seeing people completely delegitimize a post with comments like these and get a ton of favorable "likes". I get it, but mentally its a stale approach to things and I don't get why mods let it fly around here. Anyway, forums. Shrug. 

You're assuming that the thing they responded to was somehow "legitimate" in the first place. 

The OP said they they have not played in years. Read that again. It says years. And in the very next sentence they said that they're getting their information from watching youtubers play. Is this something that you consider the grounds for a legitimate complaint? Or is it fair to just say that it's probably "just another pile of second-hand salt"? 

The post also contains the same meaningless catchphrases that youtubers use as rallying cries, which many people just don't seem to have the mental capacity to question "what does this thing that we're demanding, actually mean?" That use of vague phrases like "endgame" just reinforces the probability that the OP is presenting a view which was handed to them by some youtuber, without any actual critical thought applied to it. 

But hey, forums. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, ikkabotz said:

Ok....someone shouldn't use the reasoning "I haven't played the game, but I've been watching youtube and these people said...." to make judgments on the game. 

What else needs to be said? 

Grind isn't the problem. Boring grind, RNG grind and mobile game grind is.

Deimos bounties are boring grind, because most of the missions are based on waiting (timers, spawns, movement). Especially isolation vaults. Grind feels good if there is room to improve it, and/or the game mechanics like builds and abilities (base ingame fun) make it interesting. We can't improve timers and the too few spawn is making it hard to enjoy.

Isolation vaults are also based on RNG grind on behalf of necramech parts/mods. RNG grind is the worst, because it lacks progression, yet absolutely repetitive. The lack of progression makes unlucky players hopeless, while lucky players just get a taste, then can skip the content. We either get high reward or no reward. There is no balance in it. Then I would like to mention the completely out of control vome/fass cycle which time-gates the availability of T2/T3 iso vaults. RNG grind just doesn't respect time.

Mobile game grind refers to token exchange clickeroo chores, since those are behind time-wall and RNG. The only challenge is to keep my sanity while exchanging stuff to tokens one-by-one, vendor-by-vendor to exchange tokens to grandmother tokens one-by-one to exchange grandmother tokens to stuff, while I can only take a few steps in every 3 hours, thanks to that time-wall.

In regular grind, we should have feeling of progression, pleasure of base game features and control. It is controversial, but like the hema farm. That was regular grind for ghost clans and I was fine almost solo farming it.

When the grind isn't RNG based, the costs inevitably seem higher, because there is no risk of getting nothing. With every mission we are closer to the goal, and the devs have to set an average time that farm consumes. Having high requirement can be OK and fair to compensate loss of RNG, but having really low drop chance is abysmal and unfair with the players.
I have no idea how much time would be an averaged necramech streamline farm, which is 2.01% in a 10% drop from an enemy you can kill 4 of every 30-40 minutes IF the world cycle time-gate is optimal for that activity. And that is just one mod, but you already have to repeat the same mission 3 times.

Archived