Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Plains Of Eidolon Tier 5 bounty at night time. "control area" failed because nothing but 2 vomvalysts spawned. This has been a issue for years.

MrPotatoFudge

Vdh5BD1.jpg

Here is what the map looked like after i "lost 100% control" over an area

All that there is within 500 meters is 2 vomvalysts and 2 eidolon lures. enemies spawned for 1 minutes then i flew around at mach 10 in my archwing in blind panic cus 0 enemies where spawning yet my control countdown plummeted to 0%

More than likely they spawned kilometers under the ground in a cave where my 3 radar mods cant reach them

I have Enemy Radar, Vigilante Pursuit, and Primed animal instinct and yet I cant see any enemies on my minimap?

This exact issue has existed for a really long time here are other complains ive seen on Reddit and forum posts about it.

Mostly this comes in the form of bounty objectives that cannot be completed; Drones getting stuck and never reaching they're destination, No enemies spawning in the control area so you auto-fail the bounty, bounty caches not spawning so you can't complete the objective

no enemies spawn after we cleared the area and then the control % kept dropping despite no new enemies

Kill enemies to control the area. All the enemies are underground in a cave whose entrance is 5km

I'm sure you know how difficult the Control The Area objective is solo: the control% immediately starts ticking down once any ship enters any part of the zone, regardless of whether it's across the zone from you. And it ticks down prettty fast! Pretty much every time the objective pops up, I get borderline near failing at some point just from trying to find wherever the goons dropped at.

frustrating, especially since the % of area control goes down very quickly.

players won't even be able to find enough enemies.

There was nothing to kill, yet control level kept going down. Yes, I had Animal Instinct and Enemy Radar on,

Sometimes single enemy stuck under a rock or in a cave can make you fail the mission.

control level is always below 50% or sometimes it even fails the mission for me even though there are no enemies that have even spawned yet!

that is still better than the keep above 50% control over an area, that sometimes spawns them in ridiculous locations, or bugs out.

you have to kill enemies to keep the percentage from reaching 0.   This. Mission. Type. Sucks. How did this even come close to getting through quality control?

it took me like 10 minutes of searching to find all these similar complaints. the only solution (which doesn't even work most of the time) is to play with a squad and hope they get lucky enough to find whatever enemy is bugged out under a rock. oh wait what's this? the next mission tells you to not kill any enemies and only capture the target? well you have a squad of bloodthirsty maniacs have fun with failure.

DE pls fix

Yep been complaining about this bounty for ages, and it was like this since release but nothings been done. I think the devs think we are just salty cause we failed the mission or something and ignoring it.

I stopped doing PoE bounties completely because of this mission, I tried to farm Augur Secrets but this mission along some other bugs made the bounty fail every now and then, so add that to the very low drop chance for the mod... no thanks. I just bought it with platinum which I NEVER do usually, not even for the most rarest mods, because I like to farm them on my own but if the game is bugged or unfair theres just no point.

Another thing that makes it annoying is the fact that the BONUS is almost impossible to get with these problems and the fact that the "kill no other enemies" bonus objective is not doable in public games.

On 2020-09-29 at 2:16 PM, MrPotatoFudge said:

More than likely they spawned kilometers under the ground in a cave where my 3 radar mods cant reach them

You were probably supposed to be controlling the cave below, not the top of the hill. Yes, the radar has limited up and down visibility even if you have big range on it, but you were likely in the wrong place. There's definitely a 'down' indicator on the enemy market closest to you.

18 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

You were probably supposed to be controlling the cave below, not the top of the hill. Yes, the radar has limited up and down visibility even if you have big range on it, but you were likely in the wrong place. There's definitely a 'down' indicator on the enemy market closest to you.

You can clear out the cave and nothing replaces what you kill in there, and then head out on top and nothing will spawn. I've had that happen multiple times.

1 hour ago, Squick said:

You can clear out the cave and nothing replaces what you kill in there, and then head out on top and nothing will spawn. I've had that happen multiple times.

All righty then. Been a bit since I did bounties at night in the plains but in general I remember instances of stuff being down in the cave there and the ones on the left and right side of the map that trip people up a lot.

• 2 months later...

This has also happened to me as recently as yesterday, but not so often that I have given up on bounties completely. I wonder if killing the Vomalysts would have affected the amount of control in the camp, or made more enemies appear? The grineer always fight against voms so doing bounties like this at night might affect their AI in weird ways.

But like people have said, sometimes the new enemies will spawn far away, or they will spawn underground - the bounty doesn't make it clear. If the enemies are going to be underground there should be an objective marker to a cave entrance before it starts, with some text saying "the enemy is underground" - don't even need new voice acting.

IMO, enemies should be heading towards the middle of the camp from all sides to re-take it, that should be their primary goal. Retaking the camp should actually require them to arrive at the camp. Once they reach the boundary that's when they start attacking your group. It makes no sense that enemies a kilometer or more away will count towards enemy control, especially because they might be stuck on some rocks but you just can't see them.

It is definitely frustrating for the player to be told they failed to control enemy numbers when enemies did not appear, or were basically just hidden.

I have been doing many Plains of Eidolon missions recently mainly to get the blueprints needed to get Gauss, but also to get Eidolon lenses and Auger Secrets and some other things. I agree with everything that was been said so far and I will share some of my experiences and maybe some possible solutions.

First in regards to the control this area mission within the bounties. It was been driving my friend and I nuts through this past week and is often the reason we stop doing PoE and end up doing something else or taking a break from the game entirely. There are many reasons that make this mission buggy and impossible to complete sometimes or most of the time extremely difficult to get the bonus. Whenever I get this mission I desperate am try-harding and sweating and end up going crazy cause I will still miss the bonus when the circle is so big normally and grinner could just be hiding on the edges or something. Because of this I have found the only way this mission is actually balanced are the times that it takes place at a camp on the outskirts of the map and some of the circle is not on the map so the area is actually smaller OR areas with no hills so you are able to at least hopefully have a visual but this can often be messed up as well. A tip I have for people that keep failing it or can't get the bonus is to use mesa prime max range because her 4th ability can just swing around and kill stuff even if you cant see it. (because I swear grinner are the exact same color as the grass in the PoE). Also stacking enemy radar is not a bad idea. But again in my opinion all of this prep should not be necessary for a mission in a bounty and may not even be available to some people earlier in the game. 

Possible solution for this one is either make it so the area you need to control is smaller or the percentage is calculated to decrease slower to give you more time. Additionally it could be implemented that only grinner count during these missions for "eliminate all targets" and such because of things mentioned above such as vomvalysts which I think would be a beneficial update to the mission.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next in PoE I think something that should be addressed is how enemies spawn in the plains. Specifically there is a mission where you must kill a certain amount of enemies in order to draw out the assassination target. From playing the mission many many times it seems like with regards to the bonus of "draw out the target in less than a minute" is often not physically possible because the enemies do not spawn fast enough. From my experience this usually occurs when you only have one or two people doing the bounty which I am guessing causes less enemies to spawn.

Possible solution here would look more closely at the spawn rates and probably just make the time you need to kill a certain amount of enemies longer so that players have more time to complete the goal and get the bonus. I even think 1.5 may be enough time but maybe not on solo. Upping the spawn rates is also always an option.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly in regards to "capture the target without killing any other enemies" bonus I think that it can be problematic since it is technically the only bonus that a player can not have control over and teammates can and often do mess up accidentally because they do not read the bonus yet. Additionally I have had it happen to me once where my companion killed somebody while I was capturing which may be another reason to call for a change. 

Possible solutions could look like don't kill 5 enemies and maybe players that do kill an enemy will get a notification so they are aware they are working against the bonus. 

Archived