Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need some general advice.

WellyWooo

Question

Hey. I started playing last week and have gotten into the game, however I'm struggling with knowing what to focus on and whether or not I should always be switching out weapons and frames. I have managed to master ember and equilibrium but was wondering if there are any early on frames worth getting other than rhino since I have started crafting it. I asked in my clan chat but I got the normal reply of no answer because noob questions etc 🙃. Some general guidance would be appreciated 🙂

6 answers to this question

Rhino is a great frame to progress through the Star Chart. Make sure to mod your WF and weapons so you can take more damage and dish it out. Lots of YouTube videos out there about how to tackle the game at a beginner level. 

Just remember Warframe is a marathon, not a sprint. I've been playing for years and I'm still learning new things about the game I didn't know.

Hood hunting Tenno!

HellyHello Tenno, welcome!

So: if you want some general suggestions, I'm going to leave this here:

It's a post I wrote a couple of days ago.

Anyway, to the specific question about frames: Rhino is great, Ember is great, and if you have a clan, you have access for instance to Volt and Nezha who are also great (although you can easily also get Banshee and Wukong, who are... more special... but still great in good hands).

As for weapons, my go-to recommendation is the Hek, which you can buy at Mastery Rank 5.

Any frame that drops from early bosses (meaning any planet boss) is worth getting next. Rhino gives survival so is often first suggested. 

early game just focus on inching your way thru the map/junctions. With a stop off for getting mods like streamline and continuity. But really in early game just have vitality equipped, upgraded a couple of times. 

The junctions give weapon bps, and there are weapons you can by for credits (in arsenal screen) to lower the early game resource  grind. Those should get you every weapon type: Sniper, bow, shotgun, launcher, automatic, burst fire. 

for game play advice - learn to dodge jump around. It gives you damage reduction. 

edit. While I agree with previous poster that nezha is a good build, the nitain  needed will probably be annoying to get for someone a week in. The best source for it is the night wave store

2 hours ago, WellyWooo said:

Hey. I started playing last week and have gotten into the game, however I'm struggling with knowing what to focus on and whether or not I should always be switching out weapons and frames. I have managed to master ember and equilibrium but was wondering if there are any early on frames worth getting other than rhino since I have started crafting it. I asked in my clan chat but I got the normal reply of no answer because noob questions etc 🙃. Some general guidance would be appreciated 🙂

In all honesty, you can open the star chart with just your starter warframe/weapons from the tutorial. ( Any MK-1 weapons have a direct upgrade in the market.)

The junctions give you plenty to do, so there's no need for you to go crazy.

1 hour ago, WellyWooo said:

what to focus on

Unlocking planets and doing Quests along the way is a decent early goal that'll keep you busy for a bit.

Upping your Mastery Rank brings with it a slew of benefits,
so bringing at least one piece of "Mastery fodder" with you at all times isn't a terrible idea.

That said, be aware that the opposite, i.e. bringing one piece of equipment that'll let you contribute your fair share of kills,
and filling your other slots with Mastery fodder, when running a "power leveling" mission
(something like Defense / Onslaught / whatever, lotsa kills, with a Squad since other players' kills spread Affinity among all your gear),
will net you Mastery a lot faster than just pulling out a crappy weapon every now and then in a "regular" quick mission.

Mind, it would also not be a waste of time to keep around a "Serious Business" Loadout,
with your current best gear, to use for (especially main story) Quests.

was wondering if there are any early on frames worth getting other than rhino

A bunch, e.g. Oberon is pretty fantastic and can be crafted super early,
also there's the Dojo Frames, Wukong and Nezha in particular.

I asked in my clan chat but I got the normal reply of no answer because noob questions etc

That kinda sounds like a bad Clan, TBH.

But anyway, you can always try Q&A Chat, answering (noob or not) questions is what it's there for.

Archived