Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latrox Une's wandering shield drone

Berzerkules

The protect Latrox Une portion of Deimos bounties has got to be one of the worst bounties so far. I know that when it was first released it was near impossible to get the bonus and it was "fixed" in an update or hotfix. I appreciate that it's better but it's still not perfect. 

It's not that hard to keep Latrox alive but keeping  the drone alive for the bonus is an entirely different matter. The drone goes one way and Latrox goes the other.  They tend to stay closer together when solo but even then the drone seems to search out enemies trying to get himself killed. Shouldn't a shield drone stay with Latrox to provide him shields?

If you're lucky and get samples to drop quickly you can get the bonus fairly easy. If RNG screws you on sample drops the drone travels farther away and you're stuck bouncing back and forth between drone, Latrox and picking up samples. I've farmed about 100 Axi E1 relics from Deimos bounties and have no problems except when I get screwed on sample drops while the drone wanders off. Completion of this phase and recieving a bonus is heavily dependent on RNG. It's just frustrating when an otherwise perfect run is ruined by RNG. 

Having a bounty and bonus completion come down to RNG can't be a designed feature. If it is working as intended, whoever designed it is a sadistic ****.

lz5X6LR.jpg

We barely kept the drone alive here. Drone was 150m from Latrox by the time we finished this stage of the bounty. When the drone started wandering I ended up following while the other guy stayed with Latrox.

I don't get that drone AI like... it's a shield drone with no weapons but it does the excats opposite what a shield drone supposed to. Either just make it so it can't go further than 10 meters from Latrox or make it special with a weapon and more health and shields or something.

The worst thing is that this "shield" drone can't even regenerate its own shields. It's especially bad when you look at what the corpus do in a kuva flood mission. I've seen a single moa hold off a whole squad of grineer simply because its shield never stops recharging and they're unable to out-DPS the recharge.

The bounty was good for a short time.

Its not a good bounty in general. Its essentially two waiting stages. I don't really know what the uploading data stage is supposed to be besides a timer. I'm guessing he might be stalled if enemies hit him or something but I've not noticed anything while playing it and the only time I've failed that stage was back when it was just broken and never worked anyways.

Using Gara's 2 works well to keep the drone alive, its a bit demanding of your attention cause you need to keep track of the drone and try to refresh the effect with your 4. Protea's 1 should be working but I have no idea. Big issue is that it tends to die really quick, you cant really react, best you can do is preempt it.

I'd prefer they go back a step.

Yep.  Just came back to Cambion Drift to do bounties for the new Naberus event.  A month ago, stopped doing the bounties on that moronic place after getting all items from the family.  It felt like whoever designed the bounty mechanics on that God forsaken map is either a sadistic prick or just incredibly moronic.  Before, Latrox Une's bounty was easy enough to solo with any build you're comfortable with but extremely annoying due of the ridiculous drop rate of the samples, now DE is purposely fcking with us with the retarded drone bonus objective.

YES, THANK YOU.. I've been playing this game for 6+ years.  This BOUNTY SUCKS NOW. 

1st Version: When Deimos released this bounty was BAD, the BONUS reward was practically unachievable with a full squad when you had the "samples" after a crap load long time of NO enemies spawning anywhere.  The bounty "stage" was lack luster, and upsetting because there was like no frame with a FULL squad could get this BONUS.  I got the Bonus once or twice with Vauban keeping enemies away from coming close or damaging Latrox Une, but that was a crap shoot.

2nd Version:  Deimos updated all platforms and this bounty stage was DOABLE!!! and it was awesome, I thought it was fine, though it still took A LOT of time to find enemies.  Latrux Une rarely if EVER failed, ... I've never had that happen, but I was near him so, I defended him.  The BONUS was achievable practically every time.

3rd Version:  NOW, it takes 15+ minutes to finish ONE stage of five, the drop rate of the "samples" is not enough and you have to defend this guy's drone to get the entirety of the BONUS.  You can't search for enemies, because the Drone may die, you wait by Latrox and the drone.  The drop rate of "Samples" seems like FAR less, a STAGE on a bounty should not take 15 minutes.  DE, I GET that you guys want us to bring Vazarin or Healer frames to this, but the drop rate should be increased for the "Samples"... This STAGE makes me not to ever do Latrox Une bounty, ever again...

Conclusion:  Just to get the BONUS, It feel like a Sortie defense on a little bit of steroids (T5, and T6 side with 4 players going for 25 samples).  IT'S ACTUALLY EASIER when you do 1 player for 10 samples protecting it yourself, literally almost promoting single player for this particular bounty stage... because sometimes I just leave squad if I am not host to do just 10 and finish it.  The team scaling for this bounty is off.. WAY off.  

Fix this please, or I know as a player I will avoid this Stage bounty like the Covid Plague nowadays.

Archived