Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash upcoming Bladestorm tweak is going to ruin Ash's build variety

Zedzee_true

12 hours ago, Yual said:

The upcoming change is really bad. It is actually a big nerf. Now clones are force to do 3 animations marks on each enemies, wich gonna make BS a lot slower.

Idk why they have to change bs that way. Hes already deal a ton of damage for a very low cost.

we havent seen it in action yet. calling it bad is speculation. Im not too keen on it but it's not a BAD change at first glance 

1 hour ago, (PSN)sweatshawp said:

since when? they have never its actually been casting speed 

Animation speed is affected by mods that influence attack speed (e.g.  Fury),  Speed,  Warcry, and  Arcane Strike. Animation speed is not affected by the base weapon's attack speed,  Berserker, or casting speed mods (e.g.,  Natural Talent).

This is why a riven with attack speed and finisher damage, and even combo duration, would be perfect for Ash. 

Hey, guess what?

The cynical and over-used Brozime did a breakdown of the changes. And regardless of his opinions, there was a really nice little bit you can take away from it:

His build for Ash has max Efficiency. He highlighted the Ability on screen and it clearly said 'Energy per Mark; 3'. That is exactly the same as now.

Meaning?

Ash just got a buff of 1 mark costing the same, but now dealing 3 attacks without having to re-mark.

Your whole argument of this being a bad change was originally based on this concept:

On 2020-11-07 at 5:40 AM, Zedzee_true said:

This means in such scenarios, the change to Bladestorm effectively divides the amount of enemies you can target per room, per energy pool - by 3.

In a game where kills per second rule... This is a major nerf to the play-style out of nowhere!

So...

No?

No it's not? Because you can still kill exactly the same number of enemies. You can just deal the damage out better.

Oh, and because a lot of higher-level kills with Ash are from the Bleeds he procs, this means that marking for 2 attacks is, in fact, a waste of energy for negative-efficiency builds, because the enemies that would have died from 1 attack still cost and take 2 or even 3 attacks if you are marking enemies in a group.

DE are buffing your negative efficiency build, not nerfing it, by preventing any cast of Blade Storm from costing more than 1 Mark per enemy while retaining the damage of 3 marks.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Animation speed is affected by mods that influence attack speed (e.g.  Fury),  Speed,  Warcry, and  Arcane Strike. Animation speed is not affected by the base weapon's attack speed,  Berserker, or casting speed mods (e.g.,  Natural Talent).

This is why a riven with attack speed and finisher damage, and even combo duration, would be perfect for Ash. 

Just gave the wiki a quick reread and I was wrong this whole time! Welp I never really noticed a difference in attack speed with the clones 

On 2020-11-14 at 6:50 PM, Yual said:

The upcoming change is really bad. It is actually a big nerf. Now clones are force to do 3 animations marks on each enemies, wich gonna make BS a lot slower.

Idk why they have to change bs that way. Hes already deal a ton of damage for a very low cost.

I actually find stupid that Ash must stab multiple times to do complete his "kill" move on enemy. If he stabs more than once that shows how incompetent Ash as assassin. Just make clones one quick finisher on enemy. I want it to work like from game Assassins' Creed, Ezio can target an enemy and out of nowhere an assassin recruit jumps on target for quick kill.

5 hours ago, Netrizhul said:

I actually find stupid that Ash must stab multiple times to do complete his "kill" move on enemy. If he stabs more than once that shows how incompetent Ash as assassin. Just make clones one quick finisher on enemy. I want it to work like from game Assassins' Creed, Ezio can target an enemy and out of nowhere an assassin recruit jumps on target for quick kill.

Ash only stabs multiple times if the first attack does not kill an enemy. Each subsequent attack adds another layer of slash proc and finisher damage.

13 hours ago, (PSN)sweatshawp said:

Just gave the wiki a quick reread and I was wrong this whole time! Welp I never really noticed a difference in attack speed with the clones 

Well it's very noticeable and a great feature. I don't know what the actual cap is, but I used a riven with attack speed along with Primed fury and honestly couldn't keep up with my shadows. If energy wasn't an issue, you could basically spam bladestorm on large groups of enemies. This will actually be made easier with the new Ash change. You won't have to flick your toggle back and forth like a madman, which is what people complained about. With the change, you can now basically look at a room of enemies, swipe your reticle across the screen once, and you're good to go.

Now, you wouldn't even need to do this pre-steel path, because due to the lack of spawns, no frame was really even able to reach its potential. Nothing lasts long enough, or is spawn heavy enough to make a min-maxed build anyways. This is why there was literally no point in the Saryn threads: you can't even get Saryn spores or miasma to spread and stay sustained for more than 3 seconds because everything dies before you're even able to see it flourish. 

I'm currently fixing up my Ash for steel path because I wanna see what he's actually capable of when faced against a whole room of enemies and not just 8.

On 2020-11-15 at 1:38 PM, (PSN)sweatshawp said:

That may be, and just hear me out, because you put similar amounts of attack speed modding onto your melee when playing Ash?

It's a thought, because a lot of the builds for melee are very similar, unless there's a unique mechanic you're taking advantage of. Light Attack based building, for combo counter, is more efficient when you have speed mods on in general. So maybe the specific weapons and modding you use for an Ash run would mean that you're already looking at the faster version and don't often have cause to see the slower one?

Archived