Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... Dark Sector Trilogy when?

(PSN)reddragonhrcro

So as some of you know, DS was a cool game that DE made and was the spiritual origin of Warframe. With last devstream they mentioned that they had plans for a trilogy as they shown a notice that was intended to present to publishers.

Honestly would be nice to see them make sequels for the game. I know that it's very unlikely to happen but if anything at least I'd like to show my support and interest for it.

25 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

I somehow doubt DE want's anything to do with the actual Dark Sector IP at this point, as it's pretty much the embodiment of all the publisher interference that pushed them to make Warframe in the first place.

Even if they did, I'm not sure if they even could. Publisher likely owns large chunks of the copyright.

Wasn't just Geoff showing a really antique piece of dark sector when they were looking for funding? That's what I understood at that time, not they wanting to revive dark sector, considering that warframe is getting closer to their "dream game" with each iteration

13 hours ago, (PSN)reddragonhrcro said:

With last devstream they mentioned that they had plans for a trilogy as they shown a notice that was intended to present to publishers.

Those plans were for their original idea for Dark Sector, not the version that ended up on store shelves. The game ended up having some fairly drastic revisions from their concept (story, setting and other such things), to the point where Warframe is closer to !Concept Dark Sector than the actual game named Dark Sector.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, DE don't actually hold the rights to Dark Sector. Those are with the game's publisher, so DE would need to get in touch with them if they wanted to do anything more substantial with the IP than a few shout-outs.

On 2020-11-09 at 3:27 PM, Corvid said:

Those plans were for their original idea for Dark Sector, not the version that ended up on store shelves. The game ended up having some fairly drastic revisions from their concept (story, setting and other such things), to the point where Warframe is closer to !Concept Dark Sector than the actual game named Dark Sector.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, DE don't actually hold the rights to Dark Sector. Those are with the game's publisher, so DE would need to get in touch with them if they wanted to do anything more substantial with the IP than a few shout-outs.

Yeah was unaware that it was from the very first version they envisioned. Thought it was from the finished game.

Archived