Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Gauss augment would be better on zephyr first ability

Kadesfy

6 minutes ago, Kadesfy said:

The vacuum created by the new augment could synergize pretty well with zephyr second and fourth abilities.

Zephyr's 2? You mean the ability that already (if you so choose) drags enemies to the point of impact, kinda like ... a vacuum effect?

:P

And her 4? Which you will now be able to place as a stationary effect, pulling enemies in continuously in a more controlled manner?

:P :P

Like, seriously, if you feel that the pull effects on those abilities aren't strong enough or whatever, why not ask for a buff there?

Why does something that should simply work well enough as base functionality need to be made actually worthwhile via Augments?

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

Zephyr's 2? You mean the ability that already (if you so choose) drags enemies to the point of impact, kinda like ... a vacuum effect?

Yes, the pull is not strong enough and it could be buffed, but I'm looking at the damage scaling by the numbers of enemies hit by it.

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

And her 4? Which you will now be able to place as a stationary effect, pulling enemies in continuously in a more controlled manner?

Having lots of enemies together is a good help for the tornadoes that will be casted.  with the second ability being used on active tornadoes.

And above it all, it gives usability to your first skill in addition to its mobility (that is lackluster in most closed areas...). Giving synergy to most of her kit.

2 hours ago, Kadesfy said:

above it all, it gives usability to your first skill in addition to its mobility (that is lackluster in most closed areas...)

Again, bandaid Augment to make an ability worthwhile? That's a design failure in my book.

2 hours ago, Kadesfy said:

Giving synergy to most of her kit.

And again again, she already has two abilities that do the whole grouping enemies together,
there's no need to (use up a Mod slot to) add "synergy" onto her 1 as well,
just make her present, base abilities actually sufficient for the job if they aren't currently.

As you can see DE clearly doesn't care for Zephyr. Guess doesn't even need any QoL, he is OP the way he is already. Broken idea where its not needed. DE please give this to Zephyr and change the augment.

Changes to augment- slow down Mach Rush by 50% while allowing ability to turn more easily and builds up Redline 25% quicker. Passively bypasses stagger when hitting objects or walls and allow continuation of Rush. Everything scaling off strength and duration

56 minutes ago, BahamutKaiser said:

I would prefer if her first ability dragged foes behind her and lifted them to her destination, like a super DMC juggle. Then grab them again and slam them into a wall when she hits a surface, it would be a good addition to her augment. 

This would be fun but would break the game for any pub missions who are not running Gauss.

1 hour ago, BahamutKaiser said:

How? There's 40 flavors of carry the squad with 1 player already...

You don't see it.

Let me explain. He is literally one of the fastest straight runner in the game right now outside of Titania Razorwing Blitz. Meaning if he can carry every enemy with him as he passes within range of him, pulling them to extraction and killing them all  at extraction means no one get to be engaged in game except the Gauss who is in first place.

Or even so your team mate is about to try to kill an enemy but Gauss Mach Pulls them to his desired location blitzing pass all enemy around map. Just Imagine if Vauban's Vortex could be move freely on the map as the player hovers mouse in any direction. Its literally saying that and them placing the Vortex right in front of Vauban after swirling the mouse in random directions.

Have you ever seen the definition of myopic? You say I don't see, and you don't even realize what I'm talking about.

Read, "her".

And Gauss isn't the fastest, even in a straight line. Titania, Nova, and Volt outpace him, many players can void dash faster than Gauss navigates, and plenty can wipe tiles without reaching them, see Banshee.

Please, learn to read before demonstrating your bigotry. 

48 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

He is literally one of the fastest straight runner in the game right now outside of Titania Razorwing Blitz.

Teleporting isnt a form of movement its "time travel," and many players have tested Volt and Gauss. Gauss is much quicker in a straight line, he use to even turn the world upside down.

Who needs to be literate when the rich and famous high them to work for them. What is the definition being bought to perform ones deed?

Any how your comment hit you back in the face "read." :)

On 2020-11-16 at 3:53 PM, NinjaZeku said:

Just as a point, Zek, I think you might need to see what Mach Crash actually does.

Spoiler

It's actually kind of nuts, and I really, really wanted that on Zephyr. It's exactly what I wanted when they said that the updated one would have a vacuum during Deimos updates.

As it is, they just gave it the old Dive Bomb Vortex, which is a pure physics-based 'pull' that doesn't group, it just does a directional ragdoll... And it can be made obsolete by an Ancient Healer/Corrupted Ancient vibing in the area. It's actually kind of sad...

So, OP isn't exactly wrong.

Archived