Jump to content

A second Kubrow build


AreeSoothsayer

Recommended Posts

Some of you have read my crit build. 106% crit with the Kuva Chakkhurr and a Riven. High dps, almost 100% status.

Well there's another build that is less spike damage and even more DoT.

Kuva Kohm. Over 450% status chance, which will give your Kubrow over 250% status chance.

Slash damage 2-3 stacks per hit will send heals right at you every second.

Toss Gas or Shock and those Proc AoE status effects. Hovering Cloud and Enemy location surge. Lots of heals coming your way.

Heh, it's even got extra space on the Kohm to be a viable damaing Primary while the Chakkhurr is turned into a stat stick for your pup.

 

Control Test

 

 

 

Advice from a Pet Fiend. ^..^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Well there's another build that is less spike damage and even more DoT.

Where is the build? I was expecting at least the mods used on the current pet, and any weapon you are using to boost it.

 

This post is pretty much useless without the actual builds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Where is the build? I was expecting at least the mods used on the current pet, and any weapon you are using to boost it.

 

This post is pretty much useless without the actual builds.

I get it I think... OP might be referring to a build on a Kubrow with the Mecha modset along with Hunter Recovery in theory (cause I haven't tried it) the AoE Procs from Status from the pet should give you a ton of healing. 

Tis a idea worth trying me thinks but I do agree, more info from OP would be nice!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, krc473 said:

Where is the build? I was expecting at least the mods used on the current pet, and any weapon you are using to boost it.

 

This post is pretty much useless without the actual builds.

https://imgur.com/t06xnGgt06xnGg.jpg

I ment to put it in. x..x Even though it's not complete yet.

7 hours ago, Mediloric said:

I get it I think... OP might be referring to a build on a Kubrow with the Mecha modset along with Hunter Recovery in theory (cause I haven't tried it) the AoE Procs from Status from the pet should give you a ton of healing. 

Tis a idea worth trying me thinks but I do agree, more info from OP would be nice!

 

2 hours ago, BDMblue said:

With that new pets and it’s spores... what’s the point.

I used the Vizier in it, the wonky AI causes it to only hit 1 in 5 attacks so I removed the attack skill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is certainly a fun build you're working on. Unfortunately the pets just aren't that effective as damage dealers (as is evident in your video btw). It isn't really a problem with the build (which is fairly solid if you're going pure damage) but is instead an issue with the AI of pets. They just don't attack very much and when they do they don't have comparable DPS output potential due to generally slow attack rates. 

I've been toying with pet builds for awhile and, while the damage builds are certainly fun and interesting, they just don't compare to utility builds (this is universally true, unfortunately). Even great pets like the Panzer don't really interact much with a dedicated damage build, more efficiently than a basic utility build. IMO pets are most useful for spreading status if you're going that route it is best to pick options where the pets can reliably AOE a lot of enemies at once.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

This is certainly a fun build you're working on. Unfortunately the pets just aren't that effective as damage dealers (as is evident in your video btw). It isn't really a problem with the build (which is fairly solid if you're going pure damage) but is instead an issue with the AI of pets. They just don't attack very much and when they do they don't have comparable DPS output potential due to generally slow attack rates. 

I've been toying with pet builds for awhile and, while the damage builds are certainly fun and interesting, they just don't compare to utility builds (this is universally true, unfortunately). Even great pets like the Panzer don't really interact much with a dedicated damage build, more efficiently than a basic utility build. IMO pets are most useful for spreading status if you're going that route it is best to pick options where the pets can reliably AOE a lot of enemies at once.

There was too many enemies for you to see how much damage it was doing. I even stopped at 2:30 binding the enemies. If you watch you can see the grineer dying for almost every attack done by Pandemic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

There was too many enemies for you to see how much damage it was doing. I even stopped at 2:30 binding the enemies. If you watch you can see the grineer dying for almost every attack done by Pandemic.

I'm not sure that is what we're actually seeing. Number 1 you've got a venari in attack mode. Number 2 you've already attacked those enemies a ton on your own so they're not full-health targets that are going down.

 

If you want to demonstrate what the potential of your pet is in a controlled environment record something in the simulacrum. Your video is simply too chaotic and there are too many non-pet things happening to really gauge the effectiveness of your pet vs whatever else is going on.

 

Edit: I did look at some of the other videos you have and they're a little more clear than this one. It does look like this setup is fairly effective. I'm impressed.

Would I go with this over a utility build? Probably not, but it is definitely interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I'm not sure that is what we're actually seeing. Number 1 you've got a venari in attack mode. Number 2 you've already attacked those enemies a ton on your own so they're not full-health targets that are going down.

 

If you want to demonstrate what the potential of your pet is in a controlled environment record something in the simulacrum. Your video is simply too chaotic and there are too many non-pet things happening to really gauge the effectiveness of your pet vs whatever else is going on.

 

Edit: I did look at some of the other videos you have and they're a little more clear than this one. It does look like this setup is fairly effective. I'm impressed.

Would I go with this over a utility build? Probably not, but it is definitely interesting.

Thanks for the compliment and I added the control test video to the main post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Thanks for the compliment and I added the control test video to the main post.

From that video the setup does show some impressive results.

Now if only the kubrow would focus their attacks on mecha marked targets...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

From that video the setup does show some impressive results.

Now if only the kubrow would focus their attacks on mecha marked targets...

Holey moley.

I completely forgot about the Mecha effect. I tested it with 3 of the set, Kubrow kills will trigger the spread effect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Holey moley.

I completely forgot about the Mecha effect. I tested it with 3 of the set, Kubrow kills will trigger the spread effect.

Yup unfortunately hunters command is probably the only way to get them to prioritize the marked targets though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Yup unfortunately hunters command is probably the only way to get them to prioritize the marked targets though.

Well I finally  finished my Kubrow build and took the pup with a Full MEcha setup, had to forma my Khora to fit the shield regen(bleh) but in exchange marks come every 15s, last 12s, and spread 30 METERS.

I tried a defense... Did you know the aura adds 150% additional damage, that hunter set boosts 25% per mod. I just used one for target control....

Mark, Shoot with Slash Proc+150% damage, Pet rushes over with Slash + Gas, kills the enemy. There's a 1s delay, dead everywhere. These were Steel Path Grineer on a defense mission and it was easy.

I'm gonna pop afew hunter mods that don't fit on my pet into my weapons. Good lord. Pet version of Saryn AoE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Well I finally  finished my Kubrow build and took the pup with a Full MEcha setup, had to forma my Khora to fit the shield regen(bleh) but in exchange marks come every 15s, last 12s, and spread 30 METERS.

I tried a defense... Did you know the aura adds 150% additional damage, that hunter set boosts 25% per mod. I just used one for target control....

Mark, Shoot with Slash Proc+150% damage, Pet rushes over with Slash + Gas, kills the enemy. There's a 1s delay, dead everywhere. These were Steel Path Grineer on a defense mission and it was easy.

I'm gonna pop afew hunter mods that don't fit on my pet into my weapons. Good lord. Pet version of Saryn AoE.

Yeah the mecha set is good but it is very unreliable to find those little marked target indicators.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Yeah the mecha set is good but it is very unreliable to find those little marked target indicators.

Been doing some pet watching, love watching em wreck baddies, and the Kubrow will mark a target it is currently attacking if the timer triggers it. I've seen it happen several times, the symbol will pop on the enemy just before the last hit and then everyone in range melts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Been doing some pet watching, love watching em wreck baddies, and the Kubrow will mark a target it is currently attacking if the timer triggers it. I've seen it happen several times, the symbol will pop on the enemy just before the last hit and then everyone in range melts.

Hmmmmm

This is very interesting indeed. I was under the impression that it marked targets randomly. Do you have any videos of your pet doing this reliably?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BDMblue said:

Wait... op used the cat with the spores and dropped it because it hit one in 5 a few times... OP try it again because your wasting your time with this.

sorry not my video just 1st one that poped up.

 

 

Check the level of those enemies and compare it to the level of mine in my video.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Hmmmmm

This is very interesting indeed. I was under the impression that it marked targets randomly. Do you have any videos of your pet doing this reliably?

It's warframe, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. However it does do it enough that I get surprised when everything around me starts dying leaving killing clouds of gas proc all over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

It's warframe, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. However it does do it enough that I get surprised when everything around me starts dying leaving killing clouds of gas proc all over.

Hmmmmmmm

I may test this myself at some point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...