Jump to content

vulpaphyla and Predasite breeding feedback/bugs


Recommended Posts

Ok the biggest issue I am seeing is extra, and somewhat unnecessary GRIND. 

Whilst it is a great that the effects of each mutagen/antigen is carried on through 100% when mixing  -in order to make a fully gened kavat or kubrow takes a minimum of four breedings  (+ an extra if you then want prints/to use the fully gened pet) so 50 son tokens, not to mention you have to incubate using cores, eggs/codes, ( multiply that with 6 breed types of each infested pet) then that's an awful lot of work and grind if you want a fully gened pet. Changing it so you do not need to guild each pet to take prints would cut down the extra and unnecessary work and make it considerably more accessible.  

on the one hand you could ignore the antigen's and just use more forma, (as the resistances from mutagen are most important) but that still requires two full guildings, ( realistically three if you want to use the mixed pet) for each type. 
correction you can't use two mutigens on one pet so it still would take like four breedings, as there's 4 of them. 
 

also consider the rng factor of the tails/accessories that someone may want.

>>>>  This is far more work than any other kavat and kubrow, meaning a lot of people are not going to bother, which means they'll end up ignored like a lot of companions. 

Bugs found so far: 
You can infect an infested kavat, and take a vasca imprint from it but then you can't use that imprint for anything, so I am guessing you're not supposed to be able to infect an vulpaphyla. 

Vulaphyla kavats made with Son only allow two imprints, whilst a mixed one allows three. 

imprints are not tradable, though should be  (comes up with failed when you try to put the imprint in) when selecting imprints in trade the template code picture also doesn't show, its just a blank box. 

icon doesn't show on imprints

MICARdO.png 

 

Things to note in regards to the new infested mixing (this is mainly for players interested in breeding):
You still need a core and 10 kavat dna to make it, and you can't name until you guild. you can't mix with a normal kavat.

So we have: Dominant genes: (ones that are visible) and Recessive genes: (not visible but effects are still in play)

So far I have found they seem to take (50/50 odds) both the mutigen/antigen from one parent in terms of what shows  visually (so dominant) and doesn't seem to mix and match BUT I haven't bred enough to 100% prove this. all other mutigen/antigen carries on 100% but does not have a visual affect. (but the polarity and resistance still applies) 

Currently not known if a recessive gene has a chance to become dominant (I.E visible) with further mixing, (though I suspect not)

Seems to be a 50/50 chance when mixing on what color will come though on what parent, (including energy colors) ones brought from son always have the same colors/energy.

 

if anyone else has feedback/found bugs etc please comment!
https://discord.gg/w8uH4mF

related to pets in general this is also a big issue.

 

Edited by morningstar999
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

you can't see what mutigens/anitgens a pet has on the imprints, this means scamming could very likely be an issue. (and even just remembering for sharing and that could be difficult, as theres no inications what so ever) 

Edited by morningstar999
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

So... At the risk of coming across a little rude... I have absolutely no idea what you said here, but it made me lose any interest in breeding Infested Kubrows and Kavats. Is the system seriously that complicated and resource-intensive? And random? God, now I'm reminded of why I wanted to never touch Kubrows again a few years ago when I went to read up on how they worked...

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

So... At the risk of coming across a little rude... I have absolutely no idea what you said here, but it made me lose any interest in breeding Infested Kubrows and Kavats. Is the system seriously that complicated and resource-intensive? And random? God, now I'm reminded of why I wanted to never touch Kubrows again a few years ago when I went to read up on how they worked...

it's not really totally random as mutigens/antigens carry over 100% (though cosmetically its more random)   BUT it is a 1000% more work in terms of time, standing, resources for a very minor added benefit, enough so 99.8% of players are not going to bother with anything more than just getting a standard one from son. I have no idea why DE  thought this was remotely going to be something people would want to do. 

Edited by morningstar999
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Would like to add the question of whether the imprints were meant to be tradable or not, as they currently are not tradable but seem to be labeled as tradable?

Also want to echo the sentiment that not being able to see the numbers on the resistances and vulnerabilities provided by the mutagens in game is kind of annoying. On a similar note, a better explanation of how the mutagens and antigens stack when combining might also clear up some questions.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Caoin said:

Would like to add the question of whether the imprints were meant to be tradable or not, as they currently are not tradable but seem to be labeled as tradable?

Also want to echo the sentiment that not being able to see the numbers on the resistances and vulnerabilities provided by the mutagens in game is kind of annoying. On a similar note, a better explanation of how the mutagens and antigens stack when combining might also clear up some questions.

I would say this is a bug yes

 

hhHBj4X.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be clear when you say "infested kubrow/kavat," you mean predasite and vulpaphyla right? We can't pass mutations to our normal pets right? If mutagen resistances don't stack then I only care about appearances. Are multiple antigen mutations physically expressed? I think you said they aren't as well but I wasn't sure. If not, and mutagen resistances don't stack, there's not much point to breed them when you can pick which traits you want during revivification, aside from selling the "pre-forma'd" genetic templates with multiple antigens, which don't appear on the templates and we apparently cannot trade right now. 

I haven't done any testing myself because I haven't gilded a predasite or vulpaphyla yet as I've been playing mainly solo missions with them since I first got them about a week ago. Which made me remember something I haven't had to deal with since leveling the MOA from Fortuna: companions don't gain affinity from your own kills. This means that if I want to guild them quickly to get imprints I should just kind of... stand around and watch other people level up my pet for me.

Also, Morningstar your name sounds familiar. Did you happen to make a comprehensive kubrow breeding guide way back when? I remember it being really helpful for understanding build/pattern rarities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-11-24 at 12:07 AM, GalactiaMage said:

Just to be clear when you say "infested kubrow/kavat," you mean predasite and vulpaphyla right? We can't pass mutations to our normal pets right? If mutagen resistances don't stack then I only care about appearances. Are multiple antigen mutations physically expressed? I think you said they aren't as well but I wasn't sure. If not, and mutagen resistances don't stack, there's not much point to breed them when you can pick which traits you want during revivification, aside from selling the "pre-forma'd" genetic templates with multiple antigens, which don't appear on the templates and we apparently cannot trade right now. 

I haven't done any testing myself because I haven't gilded a predasite or vulpaphyla yet as I've been playing mainly solo missions with them since I first got them about a week ago. Which made me remember something I haven't had to deal with since leveling the MOA from Fortuna: companions don't gain affinity from your own kills. This means that if I want to guild them quickly to get imprints I should just kind of... stand around and watch other people level up my pet for me.

Also, Morningstar your name sounds familiar. Did you happen to make a comprehensive kubrow breeding guide way back when? I remember it being really helpful for understanding build/pattern rarities.

yeah the predasite and vulpaphylas 

you can get all four resistances on on pet through breeding, but you can't stack the same type multiple times.  

only one mutagen and one antigen is dominant (aka) visible at one time, its 50/50 when mixing which tail + other feature will carry visually.  (and it seems to pic both things from one parent only for some reason) 


 

txB72f7.png

 

yeah that breeding guide was me, I still do breeding and kubrow/kavat related things but it tends to be all on my breeders discord server (where a bunch of us all work on stuff together)

https://discord.gg/w8uH4mF

anyone is welcome to join and we are nearly at 3k members. :P 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

yeah the predasite and vulpaphylas 

you can get all four resistances on on pet through breeding, but you can't stack the same type multiple times.  

only one mutagen and one antigen is dominant (aka) visible at one time, its 50/50 when mixing which tail + other feature will carry visually.  (and it seems to pic both things from one parent only for some reason) 


 

txB72f7.png

 

yeah that breeding guide was me, I still do breeding and kubrow/kavat related things but it tends to be all on my breeders discord server (where a bunch of us all work on stuff together)

https://discord.gg/w8uH4mF

anyone is welcome to join and we are nearly at 3k members. :P 
 

 

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe I'll join the discord.

Thats too bad we can't have multiple antigen "accessory" mutations. Looks like I'll just be breeding for the resistance combinations I want and whatever extra antigens I can get at the same time. Then I'll have to breed the mixed pet with a fresh one with the appearance I want and hope it selects the "purebred" as the parent to inherit from. If I don't get it I can take new imprints and try again... once I gild them. Oh boy. Gonna be making a lot of donations to Son in the future.

I'll probably only breed one super predasite then figure out what I want to do with all the extra imprints and not even bother breeding the vulpaphylas because getting kavat genetic samples is such a hassle. I've got like 22 or so kubrow eggs and 11 incubator cores (they were my argon sink for a while until I started running out of credits) lying around already so predasites will be just a waiting game until I'm done. Waiting for imprinting, incubation, gilding... repeat for the parent.

If the pets from breeding were born pre-gilded, or didn't need to be gilded to take imprints, that'd fix my issues with the system 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, weirdee said:

Wait, so how do the resistances stack? I don't understand how it works. Do they just have all of the resistances and weaknesses active at the same time in the health pool???

I have no idea. I'm going off of the assumption that they have a neutral health class (like Tenno Flesh) and the resistances/weaknesses are all additive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...